• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 08:49:52 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

CLOPS! and RICH!

Started by Archael, April 26, 2008, 12:06:23 pm

Archael

April 26, 2008, 12:06:23 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
I remember the first time Weigraf summoned cyclops on me. I had seen it before on the summoner's spell list, but when I finally see it go off, oh, the intimidation., until...

CLOPS!

pops up on the screen and deals 200 damage to my guys! ahahahaha CLOPS rofl sounds like a damn clown

he also casts the infamous RICH  (lich) on you, which apparently,, ugh.. makes you have more money? I always knew accountants used scythes and looked like demons.

Lydyn

April 26, 2008, 01:43:45 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Hehe.. I know where those are too, but I haven't tried correcting them yet. Not sure if the text editor is able to edit those without screwing things up. *Shrug* That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!

NeedsMoreNoise

April 26, 2008, 02:27:19 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Lydyn"Hehe.. I know where those are too, but I haven't tried correcting them yet. Not sure if the text editor is able to edit those without screwing things up. *Shrug* That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!
Not even close.

Lydyn

April 26, 2008, 02:38:05 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Well ... you mind giving me some examples instead of just saying it's not even close? :P I haven't seen the mispelling anywhere besides the little caption when you cast a spell and maybe the quote.

trickstardude7

April 26, 2008, 02:46:24 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trickstardude7
Hm I really never noticed anything wrong but i'm not really the A+ kid in grammar I'm sure there may be tiny commas errors but they are really nothing to worry about

NeedsMoreNoise

April 26, 2008, 03:05:37 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Lydyn"Well ... you mind giving me some examples instead of just saying it's not even close? :P I haven't seen the mispelling anywhere besides the little caption when you cast a spell and maybe the quote.
Carbunkle, Carbuncle
Arc Duke, Archduke
Bi-Count, Viscount
Gobbledeguck, Gobbledygook/Gobbledegook
Cuar, Coeurl
Mindflare, Mind Flayer
Cocatoris, Cockatrice
Lune Knight, Rune Knight

This is all without opening the TacText editor. If you want to go through on it, you'll find tons more (not to mention the many grammatical errors).

Lydyn

April 26, 2008, 03:23:41 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Oohh, hehe ...

"That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!"

That mispelling as in specifically Clops and Rich, since this is what the topic is about. I was only talking about those two mispellings, not all of them. ^^

NeedsMoreNoise

April 26, 2008, 03:44:52 pm #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by NeedsMoreNoise
Quote from: "Lydyn"Oohh, hehe ...

"That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!"

That mispelling as in specifically Clops and Rich, since this is what the topic is about. I was only talking about those two mispellings, not all of them. ^^
Oh, I figured you were just using awkward wording in that sentence.

Archael

April 26, 2008, 04:43:03 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Quote*Shrug* That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!

Um... why would you say this referring to only Clops and Rich when it is obvious that the ONLY places where Cyclops and Lich can be mispelled are either in the Summoner's skill list and when the Spell name comes up when it's cast. And everybody knows they are only mis-spelled in the Spell name.

These are the only places that they can be mispelled becaue they are the only places in the game where the words are utilized.

I seriously thought you were talking about ALL spellings in the game too. You got really weird wording dude.  :shock:

Archael

April 26, 2008, 04:43:57 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Archael
Also, I CLOPS you for 99999 damage

Lydyn

April 26, 2008, 05:00:27 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Voldemort7"
Quote*Shrug* That's like the only place that mispelling is though, ha!

Um... why would you say this referring to only Clops and Rich when it is obvious that the ONLY places where Cyclops and Lich can be mispelled are either in the Summoner's skill list and when the Spell name comes up when it's cast. And everybody knows they are only mis-spelled in the Spell name.

These are the only places that they can be mispelled becaue they are the only places in the game where the words are utilized.

I seriously thought you were talking about ALL spellings in the game too. You got really weird wording dude.  :roll:

Vanya

May 17, 2008, 12:58:49 am #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "NeedsMoreNoise"
Quote from: "Lydyn"Well ... you mind giving me some examples instead of just saying it's not even close? :P I haven't seen the mispelling anywhere besides the little caption when you cast a spell and maybe the quote.
Carbunkle, Carbuncle
Arc Duke, Archduke
Bi-Count, Viscount
Gobbledeguck, Gobbledygook/Gobbledegook
Cuar, Coeurl
Mindflare, Mind Flayer
Cocatoris, Cockatrice
Lune Knight, Rune Knight

This is all without opening the TacText editor. If you want to go through on it, you'll find tons more (not to mention the many grammatical errors).

*Activate Bump Ray!! Whoot!!*
*Yessir!!*
*And Don't Forget to Fire An Off-topic Torpedo, Too!!!*
*Aye, Aye, Cap'n!!!*

Actually 'Carbunkle' isn't totally incorrect. I was once reading an old crypto-zoology book that referenced a 1600's manuscript and it used that spelling for the creature.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯