• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:17:54 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Story Progression Byte

Started by Heisho, November 21, 2018, 08:25:33 pm

Heisho

Hello there!

I was wondering if someone have the complete list of the progression bytes. I check it in the wiki but the list is incomplete. Or if there is somewhere else some pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

3lric

Raijinili

You're referring to this page? http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Storyline_Progression

I think you can populate the table by modifying the value at that address and seeing which red dots appear.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Heisho

Yep, the same.

I was wondering if someone finished it. This is mainly for a hack that requires that., the RAD 3.1

3lric

Just use something like agentransack to search for that variable in the event folder of EVSP. Youll easily be able to find any point where the story progression is hit. Its only done in events.

Heisho

November 26, 2018, 11:52:26 pm #5 Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 12:44:46 am by Heisho
Thanks a lot for the tip Elric. It took me a while to understand what were you talking about since I don't understand events yet but that helped me to begin the learning process.
Also that program works wonders, I'll try to send you the complete list to update the wiki.

Thanks again for the help.

EDIT: I just finished and got some findings:
I didn't found any progression bytes for 2A, 2C and 31.

Oddly enough the byte 2E appears at event 356 (Victory at Bed Desert) and repeats itself at event 358 (When Orlandu is taken away and Delita is appointed as the leader of the Nanten Knights). I don't know if this common knowledge.

The list is complete to my understanding, let know if the wiki can be updated with this info.

Regards.