• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:20:35 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

FFT Arena Beta 139c

Started by FFMaster, August 04, 2010, 06:11:37 pm

FFMaster

Added Hotfix 2, which fixed Projectile Guard. Hotfix 1 is included in hotfix 2.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Garland

I need some help getting Arena running, if anyone would be willing.  I've patched a clean ISO with 138d (using ppf-o-matic) but am at a loss from there with the memcard and xml stuff.  Is there a thread with a noob friendly step by step?  I'm not familiar with FFTpatcher or FFTorgASM etc.  TIA.

TrueLight

Go to this and download the memory card. I believe you might need Excel to open it up. In here, there's a tutorial that should help you out.

If you're having trouble, go to this. It's almost 2 years old, but it's still quite helpful.

If you have more questions, don't be afraid to ask!  :)

• Modding version: PSX

Garland

Thank you!  I'll have another go at it  :)

Garland

Sweet, I got it running- thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

One follow up question, I tried a screen recorder (Camtasia?) out to tape the matches I simmed but the files were ridiculously big.  Any tips on a program/settings for doing that..?

Dokurider

You've got to compress them. Virtuadub's one such program and can do that for free.

Torgo

Is there any alternatives to Excel 2007 to use the memory card generator? Or any alternatives at all to getting games set up? I'd like to get Arena up and running on my own system, and I try to avoid the pirate hat when I can.

Barren

I believe that Excel 2007 or later is the only program to open up the memory card generator. Then you can load and save the generated memory card using fftastic
You dare cross blades with me?

Zotis

This is pretty confusing.  Okay, I figured out that I needed ppf-o-matic to patch my iso by google searching, but how do I use the xml?  My searches are making me even more confused...

vhatever

If you are having problems and your luck is as bad as mine, I wouldn't bother trying to get it working. I've spent like a week trying and nothing works. The stupid XML is corrupted or something and my excel won't let it load properly. In only loads if i let it repair/delete the vbaproject.bin.part , which then it won't work correctly anyway. The people who made this should know that excel is a total PITA with anything and everything. it's the nazi Microsoft programs.  so everything done in it should be as simple as possible. Obviously there as not enough testing of the code on various versions of systems and/excel versions. Really disappointing and wish I had not wasted any of my time on it.

HalfGodBro

Theres some problem when using your FFT Arena and Controling the units....Draw Out and Item so far doesnt work, but when the AI use them, its working, any idea on how to fix that?

Dokurider

Tsuzumasuku doesn't work because FFM didn't flag it for AI use, you goof.

FFMaster

October 04, 2014, 11:14:09 pm #213 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 12:03:01 am by FFMaster
139 has been released. A few comments:
- I did not implement any scholar changes. I felt the magnitude of this patch was huge already, and knew that the new Scholar skills would be far too strong, and so scrapped the idea until next version.
- Mimes I believe are slightly overpowered. However, I wish for the players to make their own decision, and maybe show that my testing was wrong again.
- The Oil change was supposed to come with a change to Weak/Half/Absorb. However, I felt it unnecessary. This way, Oil becomes super strong only against people who were trying to defend from the element in the first place. We'll see with time, as with all controversial balance changes.

As usual, Master Guide tables will be updated within a day.

EDIT: Tables updated.

EDIT2: There have been some stupid changes to photobucket. This will take more time.

EDIT3: Updated finally.

Barren

Just a quick question, the Arena.fftpatch file came along with the 1.39 download. Is there any purpose to it?

FFMaster

It's for people to take a look at the data and check everything themselves since you can't open the ISO anymore. I know people have found problems before, and I know people use all the data available, not just what's in the MG.

Barren

Also I noticed on the MemCard Generator that it doesn't show or highlight any stat changes to a class for armor and accessories anyways (by that I mean any PA or MA stat changes or status immunity). Is that a bug or does it have to with something else?

FFMaster

The problem is that the memcard generator doesn't know where the new item attributes are. I need to ask Xif to help me with that. Just ignore the errors. It will work fine ingame.

Dokurider

October 05, 2014, 10:28:09 am #218 Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 01:11:54 pm by Dokurider
Bug List
Negative Attributes do not work properly. When extra speed is applied/overcomes the negative value in battle, it will overflow unless an speed boosting equipment is worn!
Platina Shield is neither Absorbing Holy or Weak against Dark. Diamond Shield is fine.
Defender is Always: Don't Act instead of Immune: Don't Act
Atheist, not Atheist Bow has 0% chance of Innocent
Spell Edge's Faith proc not working correctly.
Genji Helmet is not Initial: Berserk
Masamune does add: Haste

All Map Lores should be unmimeable.

Barren

Also for some reason on the mem card generator while it didn't apply in game but on the spread sheet the phoenix blade (at least I think its the phoenix blade on a thief) gave it 256 speed. I cannot make this up