• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:49:58 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Official Sprite Request Section (Rarely fulfilled)

Started by Zozma, October 04, 2008, 11:30:04 pm

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Mando on January 06, 2012, 10:38:35 am
That isn't even a full sheet, and this probably should be a post on its own and not on the request board (because we only come here for the lolz!!!!)

make a post or something and I'll try (keyword) to poke you in the right direction

Pokiehl

Maybe somebody has a sprite of Ramza(Ch2,3 or Ch4) with Orlandu's cloak on.
I am really terrible at spriting, a simple swap would take me days to learn everything from step 1, what would an experienced spriter only waste a few hours, if not less.
Ramza is a heretic in ch4 so concealing your identity would be smart.

DarkShade

this needs to go in the Offical Sprite Request
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

It's not Orlandu's Cloak, but maybe this is something like you are looking for

http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=1340.300
  • Modding version: PSX

Pokiehl

Actually yes, something like that, thanks.

bignickm27

Eternal248 told me that some of the sprites in the downloads section that I had hoped to use are using an outdated spritesheet. Are there any experienced spriters who are able and willing to update them?  :)

So far, it seems that Misty and Deis are outdated. Shishi won't let me even view the animations for Iron Giant, so I'm not sure about that one. I'll keep checking for others.
I can not stress enough how much I don't have plans.

Twinees

How are Misty and Deis outdated? Glitches while previewing in Shishi? It could be that you are previewing them in the wrong Type format. Either way, I will provide the sheets without errors.

Note: Misty did have two weird errors, but I fixed those.

bignickm27

Well I had imported the deis and misty spr files in shishi and scrolled through their animations. There were a few that looked really off, particularly some of the punching/attacking animations. But I just now tried it again and they seem to work fine o_O. It may be have been a problem with the Type as you said.

Thanks for the quick reply.  :)

3lric

Quote from: bignickm27 on January 20, 2012, 05:41:08 am
Well I had imported the deis and misty spr files in shishi and scrolled through their animations. There were a few that looked really off, particularly some of the punching/attacking animations. But I just now tried it again and they seem to work fine o_O. It may be have been a problem with the Type as you said.

Thanks for the quick reply.  :)

This was mostly likely due to the fact that you had them set to the wrong type
(Deis and Misty are both Type 1)
So wherever you place them make sure you set the SHP and SEQ both to type 1

Jon

I dunno if you read mine or anyone else's tutorial, but hope this helps. http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=5868.0
The real issue isn't getting sprites in game, its actually making a full, usable character with no errors. As for large sprites like the Iron Giant, I don't think there is a monster viewing feature in the current version of Shishi.
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

bignickm27

When you import custom sprites into an iso, does it have to be a clean iso or can it be a patched version?

GeneralStrife

Quote from: bignickm27 on January 20, 2012, 04:00:37 pm
When you import custom sprites into an iso, does it have to be a clean iso or can it be a patched version?

it can be a patched one usually

bignickm27

Okay thank you. I'm a little confused about how to replace in-battle sprites. I read the short tutorial on this site. It says to open the SPR file you want to replace with shishi. But Shishi won't let me open individual SPR files. It only lets me open the ISO itself. The only option available from the file tab is FILE>Open ISO.

Also, if I shouldn't be asking about this in this thread, please let me know. Thanks!

DeathKnight

bignick, after you open your iso, select sprite, next to file.
then you'll able import your sprite by selecting import spr or bmp.

bignickm27

Okay I've been reading and watching tutorials about using custom sprites and I think I've got most of it down. I do have a question about shishi though. When you import a bmp or spr into shishi, does that immediately alter the iso itself? And if so, what exactly does it change in-game if I were to import a custom sprite in place of Ramza 1 using shishi?

I'm asking this because in order to change the battle sprite, you have to import them into the Battle folder with CDmage. And to change the formation/pre-battle sprite, you have to edit the unit, wldface, and wldface4 bin files in CDmage. So does using shishi really alter anything in the game or is it simple an external sprite editor?

RandMuadDib

Using shishis nullifies the need to put the sprite in the battle folder with cdmage, and shishsis modifies the iso immediately upon selecting a new sprite
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

bignickm27

January 21, 2012, 06:03:37 pm #1196 Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:07:06 pm by bignickm27
Oh sweet. So the tutorial here http://ffhacktics.com/tutorials.php?id=2 must be pretty outdated then. =X

EDIT: One more thing. For characters who have multiple instances of their same sprite in game (like Agrias), you would have to change all of them correct? For example, there are two in-game Agrias sprites at 1D and 33. I'd have to change both of those to the new custom sprite right?

On the other hand, say you wanted to replace Meliadoul's sprite with the Meliadoul unmasked custom sprite, but only once she joins you. You would leave 2E (Meliadoul Enemy) alone and just alter 29 (Meliadoul Join)?

DeathKnight

yes, but actually you don't need to change both of them. just change the one you wish to.
for example is that meliadoul, if you just want her have a change after join your party, then use shisi to change only her meliadoul(join) sprite.

Hitman4994

Is it possible someone can help me out with a karsh and lynx from chrono cross sprite

Notsoclvr

I was unsure whether to put this here or in the Help section. So if the topic needs moved, I apologize.

I'm creating a sprite, and I wanted to use Besrodio's head for the head of my character. But, he's missing from my Shishi's... Does he have a sprite sheet in Shishi's?
Obligatory signature.