• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:46:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Kagebunji's sprites- Moving on...

Started by Kagebunji, August 04, 2009, 02:29:37 pm

Kagebunji

October 02, 2011, 08:39:45 am #2060 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 09:08:37 am by Kagebunji
I can see what you mean about the chest, I've been meaning to rework it nut I lack the ideas for now. Sorry Jimmy, but the chest has to be blue, if you make it an armor, then nothing will change palette-wise(since blue was supposed to be the main color that will change). But what is wrong with shoulders? Both are taken from existing ports, recolored and slightly changes to fit into the portrait. I will work on this some more today.

Edit: Here is another version, chest should be looking better now.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

jimmyjw88

Well, I was only went along with your sprite, thus the armor chest. As for the shoulders, I thought of making them look shiny armor.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

Yrah, he should be wearing armor as you noticed, but then palettes would be quite hard to do, but thanks for your help nonetheless. I can move on with the sprite I guess?

jimmyjw88

October 02, 2011, 10:00:57 am #2063 Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:00:19 pm by jimmyjw88
Yea, I see what you mean as I myself am not satisfy at all as it doesn't look like shiny armor at all. As for the shoulders, I'll try and see if I can redo them. Yeah, you may move on to the sprite. For the portrait, see if mav or Twinees can help.

EDIT : (2/10/11)
How about this?

A little bit armor, yet able to change in palette-wise.

Also, sorry but here's the hair for Hector that I forgotten to give you.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Your improvements were good Kage, I think Jimmy's latest attempt is definitely going to do the trick.
Current Projects:

Kagebunji

Thanks, I will update Hector along with submitting Male Cadet. I like how the armor turned out, but I don't know if the armor should be up soo high, don't you think? Nonetheless, it looks very good, thank you, Jimmy, I guess I can put it onto the sheet.

jimmyjw88

No problem, Kage. Glad I could help.
Alright, here's the final version. I can't seem to do anymore tweaks. So, if mav or Twinees or anyone else could help, it would be great.

C & C ~

Kagebunji

I compared closely this version and the last, and personally I prefer the older. The armor looks clearer, same for the blue cloth under his neck. This portrait is really fine since like 3 updates, thanks for the help Jimmy :P

jimmyjw88

Hmm...is it? I feel that the final version look more like an armor/chest-plate. Well, either way, I can't seem to refine anymore. So, use whichever you like ^_^

Lijj

That is a beautiful portrait. I was rushing last time I had logged in and didn't see it.
Great work.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

October 28, 2011, 11:41:11 am #2070 Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:42:23 am by Kagebunji
Here is a finished Tortoise sprite. Unfortunatly due to the level of laziness I have, I left him in the small size, and finished only one SP2 attack. Nothing else to say, pretty much. Palettes and other stuff is on its place, I will upload SPR and SP2 tomorrow or later today.

3lric

^ this is awesome Kage :) where have i seen this before?

Celdia

*steals the awesome tortoise for her next CCP update*
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kagebunji

Tortoise is originally from Revnant Wings, Elric, probably that's where you saw him, heh.

Looking forward to the update, Celdie!

3lric

ooooh ok that makes more sense now :P still i was thinking it reminded me of something from secret of mana. my mind must be going lol

Kagebunji

Thanks to Celdia for bringing my notice upon it, i decided to rework Lamia, along with some other old monsters I did(in line is Titan, and Tonberry(only placement and colors for first palette fixes though)). So, here is the first thing, and my priority, Lamia. Celdie told it looks short compared to humans, and it indeed did, so I compared it to a Dancer and did tweaks, here it is:

RandMuadDib

I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Kagebunji

And a screenshot I made of it in-game:

GeneralStrife

Nice kage, lamia has a stomach now.

Kagebunji