• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:32:12 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Shieldrender Glitch

Started by Leif1991, June 28, 2014, 11:52:26 pm

Leif1991

I have been testing out FFTArena on my computer lately. One of the units I faced had a Shieldrender equipped. When the unit would perform a basic melee attack, he would sometimes attack twice. I don't know if this intentional or not; I thought I would point this out.
Season 3 A.I. Tournament Champion

Malroth

yeah its supposed to be that way (i think) it procs the shield break skill which if the target unit has no shield functions as a lower accuracy attack.

CT5Holy

Shieldrender is functioning as intended. Malroth is wrong about the attack though; if you use an [Equipment] Break and the target does not have that [Equipment] equipped, the Break functions exactly the same as a regular attack.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Reks

Quote from: Malroth on June 28, 2014, 11:55:03 pm
yeah its supposed to be that way (i think) it procs the shield break skill which if the target unit has no shield functions as a lower accuracy attack.

I think you're confusing this with the AI using guns (or other such 100% accuracy things/Concentrate) and attempting a break rather than an attack. Because the accuracy of the break is lower than a regular attack, of course it'll miss now and again.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128