• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:16 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grim Grimoire Beta 0.7- Last Updated: 2/25/16

Started by Eternal, February 12, 2013, 01:48:41 am

Eternal

I could do a lot of really cool things with Doom, but that would mean changing a lot of existing stuff around, which isn't worth it for a gimmick, IMO. Anyhow, I just finished the first fight with Ewen and a bunch of other missions. I changed monster elemental affinities around a bit, and Undead are quite a bit more tanky now, meaning that Necromancers are by proxy more useful. In general, I haven't Game Over'd yet, but battles have the potential to go badly quite quickly if you're not careful. I've also discovered a few minor bugs and those are being fixed as well.

EDIT: Chocobo Knights have been revamped and are more akin to Onion Knights in nature. Each type of Chocobo has a preferred stat and stat growth.

Yellow Chocobo: HP
Green Chocobo: MP
Brown Chocobo: DEF
White Chocobo: RES
Red Chocobo: ATK
Black Chocobo: MAG

By choosing your Chocobo mount wisely, your Chocobo Knight's growths can be optimized to your liking.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Boring Steven

Can the chocobos skill be learnt from chocobo to chocobo? As in if i learn choco recharge or choco barrier and then switched to a red chocobo for the attack growth, can i use the choco barrier or choco recharge? It would be cool to implement if not XD
Maybe i'm the only one over thinking this XD
Great work, and thanks for this awesome mod XD

Madeen

Yeah overall in vanilla I didnt really use chocobos... I mean, you have to catch one everytime and stuff.
Would be nice if you could actually store them and choose the one you want for this or that battle, but it seems impossible? :P

Beside, choco knight cant use a secondary skillset, that's also a turn off for me.

Boring Steven

Chocobos stay with you until you dissmount or die. Well switching chocobos before fights is irrelevant if one could learn the chocobos skills. Just get the black for flying, once we learn all the skills and have an op job that does everyting XD
Also not being able to use a second action slots is not that bad since chocobo knights can heal both hp and mp, removes debuffs, gives protect and shell and have a meteor attack. It does everyting except for a savoteur skill. To me they would be op If, and only if, they could learn all the skills from every chocobo XD
Wish they would do more damage though XD

On another note, how about making a new job that revolves around that doom-link combo mechanich or a move that gives you a count down for a meteor to fall on their heads. Powerfull magicks that requires one to wait for them to apear. XD

Madeen

Quote from: Boring Steven on January 20, 2016, 02:34:08 am
Chocobos stay with you until you dissmount or die. Well switching chocobos before fights is irrelevant if one could learn the chocobos skills. Just get the black for flying, once we learn all the skills and have an op job that does everyting XD
Also not being able to use a second action slots is not that bad since chocobo knights can heal both hp and mp, removes debuffs, gives protect and shell and have a meteor attack. It does everyting except for a savoteur skill. To me they would be op If, and only if, they could learn all the skills from every chocobo XD
Wish they would do more damage though XD

On another note, how about making a new job that revolves around that doom-link combo mechanich or a move that gives you a count down for a meteor to fall on their heads. Powerfull magicks that requires one to wait for them to apear. XD

That's true, but to me fun is about choices and diversity.. I dont care if a class can do everything on its own, I rather have a second skillset for more choice/diversity.
A character with only one skillset is plain boring to me, I'd never use it.

Boring Steven

Well, when you put it that way, it is a boring job. But a chocobo using cool moves and such, other than chocobo skills might be hard (sprite reasons and such. I could be wrong on that) maybe magics or something that uses chocobos nomal animations. Aparently they desing it to show people how a chocobos interact with everything (like an animal show XD). A black mage chocobo that heals with it chocobo skills might be more interesting for sure XD

Eternal

@Boring: Welcome to FFH! I'm glad you're enjoying the mod! The update will be quite a bit more polished and even more fun! In regards to a job that uses a turn to cast spells, that would be the new Daemon job, which you can read about earlier in the topic. The use Ultima Magicks and can claw things to death.

I've been continuing my playthrough, and I have to say. Engineer and Oracle are becoming my new favorite jobs. Moogle lasers, ftw.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Boring Steven

Eternal

Just a heads up, looking to release a new update by the end of the month regardless of whether or not I finish my test run. The update will have the new jobs released since the old one and will also have level scaling based on the average level of the entire party, except of the enemy is of a higher level, thanks to RFH's wonderful level scaling hack.

Boring Steven

Really nice to hear XD

Im so hyped for the Hero job, been a fan of the original final fantasy but were does the dragon quest hero part of the job is. I know the rest of his abilities are from the sentinel job of ff13 XD

Also i tried to beat the mission of the lamias and they are hellish on hard, able to charm, slow, delay, addle, silence, poison and doom and they hit super hard with that wind attack that has a summon like aoe XD

Also when my bangaa got doomed but instead of dying at the 3rd turn, he got ready and standed like he is ready for a beating XD

I also tried to use tame on them, but i couldn't target them. Thorn is awesome. I have tried for about a week XD

The fairys are awesome and anoying at the same time with that holy attack on all that shares her level including themselfs so they heal XD

P.S.
I was wondered maybe give a little damage to the soldier/warrior skills or something. Also why is the warrior 4 moves and the soldier 3 moves they are equals in my book XD (cant wait for gauge)
I know you give 3 moves for the archers and such so that they would be on the back, but soldiers need to be on the front. My bangaa is taking the glory instead of my main XD

Eternal

Basically, the Moogle Hero job is based on a number of retro RPG heroes that wielded both sword and magick, and I was just reminded of DQ1's hero who could use both.

Lamias have been slightly nerfed for the upcoming update. Further, Tame has also been fixed. A good way of dealing with Lamias is Taming them and having them Addle themselves. Saves a LOT of trouble, so Tame being fixed will be a big deal.

Thank you for reminding me about Level ? Holy's quirk. I'm going to have to change that so when the levels scale, that spell won't nuke everything. I'll figure out what else to make it. Maybe Level 3 Holy or something.

Soldiers are already getting a Move buff for the next update, so don't worry too much about that. As for Soldier's Break skills not dealing damage, it's because the Ravager's Crush skills do damage and lower stats, so I didn't want the jobs to be the same. I'm thinking of how to better buff the Break skills though.

Boring Steven

Really nice to hear XD
fair enough abot soldier/warrior skill not doing damage i was thinking of 0.5x damage. Didn't know of the ravager, sorry on my part XD
Also hows the animist rework?
You mention the eating a critical monster to fully heal himself, I was thinking of the antlion that eats another antlion to increase all of its stats, what do you think would it be to broken on the players hands XD
Thanks again for everything and keep up the excellent work that is modding A2 (my favorite FFT game of all time XD)

Eternal

Actually, I got my wires crossed. Ravager is Vartan now, which means their Crush skills are gone. This means I'll be making the Break skills inflict damage. Hopefully they'll find more use that way.

Animist rework is on hold for a bit. I have yet to fully determine what I want to do with them.

Boring Steven

Sad days for animist around the world XD
No worries though, take your time
Now to soldiers, i had a dream of Luso throwing a stone as a prank and got me thinking of the soldier of the original FFT that had a move wich throws stones at enemies XD
Thanks for the fast reply, have a nice day
P.S.
On another note how about just doing a normal holy magick attack with aoe on the Sprites so they can target themself.
P.S.S.
On the Animist topic i have some ideas on how it can be a little better than vainilla. The skill of eating critical monster to restore HP and increase Stats, maybe some attacks revolving arround the prey and predator relationship. Like predator skills for offense and prey skills for deffense. He would be more animalistic. For the eating ability it can be like the antlion skill that eats a diferent antlion to increase stats, but instead an antlion on any critical monster, and with some healing too. What are your thoughs on this wierd idea of an animist XD
P.S.S.S.
Also the green mage is been awesome so far, protect on the whole party is sweet, is the protect aoe suppose to be a summon aoe? If so why not rename it to protectga or something

Eternal

As promised, today I present an update for FFTA2 GG, bring it up to 0.6! You'll definitely want to update using a clean ROM, but your save will still work between versions. The update features the following:

-The introduction of the Corsair, Moogle Hero, and Kunoichi jobs.

-Multiple bug fixes: Kotetsu now deals damage properly, Oust and Parley have fixed animations, etc. Some minor bugs remain, such as Storm's AP cost, as well as Drill Shot and Diaga's AP costs.

-Level scaling; enemies will scale to the party's average level, but if the enemy's level would normally be higher than the party's average, it'll use the higher level for the enemy.

-Multiple balance changes, many of the larger ones detailed below.

-Many textual references to old job names that no longer exist have been fixed. Unfortunately, I still can't edit the job names in the item/ability menus.

Some of the larger balance changes are as follows:

-Scholar buffs now have AoE, meaning they're far more useful. Teleport and Vigilance have been removed for Bravery and Faith, which boost ATK and MAG, respectively. Scholars are the go-to job for buffing your party.

-Magick in general has been strengthened and now proves useful even late-game. I made this change mid-game, however, so if people find that it needs to be nerfed early-game, I'll see what can be done.

-Many broken Reaction and Passive Abilities have been removed from player use (such as Blood Price and Strikeback) and replaced with new ones that were formerly enemy only. This means that the player now has access to things such as Smasher, Resistance Up, and Archmage, just to name a few.

-Many monsters have new elemental affinities. Monsters such as Undead are far more resilient and require far more specialized units to take them on. Necromancers are quite useful. Dragons will likely be being buffed in the next update.

-Flan and Adamantoises have vastly improved DEF. Use magick!

-The Soldier's Break skills now deal damage and have a chance to inflict their respective debuff.

-All Ultima and Gigaflare have been nerfed.

-Chocobo Knights now have the best stat growth in the game, depending on what Chocobo is being mounted. The growth is as follows:

Yellow Chocobo: HP
Green Chocobo: MP
Brown Chocobo: DEF
White Chocobo: RES
Red Chocobo: ATK
Black Chocobo: MAG

Using Chocobo Knights effectively as you level is key to grooming a proper Moogle warrior, kupo!

-Scions have been completely revamped. Scions were formerly little different from Illusionist skills, and they weren't particularly interesting. Since Scions can only be used once per fight, I decided to make them more akin to Limit Breaks, wherein they have very potent effects, but should be used tactically for best results. Think of them as one-time support units that can be used to sway the battle into one's favor. Their new effects are as follows (text changes haven't been made yet on those, as I'm waiting to see if they're too broken like this or not):

Belias: Inflicts Oil on all enemies with perfect accuracy.
Mateus: Immobilizes all enemies for a single turn with perfect accuracy.
Adrammelech: Bestows Spellbound on all allies, making any buffs and debuffs cast by allies remain for a longer duration.
Cuchulainn: Inflicts Poison on all enemies with perfect accuracy.
Zalera: Inflicts Resilience Down on all enemies with perfect accuracy, allowing the party's debuffs to become more accurate.
Famfrit: Dispels buffs from all enemies and removes debuffs from all allies.
Hashmal: Bestows Focus on all allies, allowing their next physical assault to deal heavy damage.
Chaos: Quickens all allies, allowing them to act immediately.
Zeromus: Delays all foes, forcing their CT to reset.
Exodus: Deals 25% damage to all enemies based on their Max HP to both HP and MP with perfect accuracy; works on boss units.
Shemhazai: Fully restores the party's MP.
Ultima: Fully restores the party's HP.
Zodiark: Deals Dark damage to all enemies with perfect accuracy.

There are many other small changes, but these are the biggest. I hope everyone enjoys the update! Monster skill descriptions are still unchanged, as I'm still trying to figure out what to do with them. As always, any feedback/bug reports are welcome. Attached to this post and the first post are the updated versions!

@Boring Steven: Protectga would imply then that there's a Protect and Protectra, which there aren't. Therefore, Protect will be staying as-is. :P

Eternal

Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you downloaded 0.6 or 0.61, please download 0.62, which is attached below. The Scholar changes didn't take in the previous version, but this fixes that. Thanks!

Boring Steven

no worries man
I played the 6.0 but the lamias are still impossible on hard XD

Im starting on normal a brand new game XD

Eternal

Lamias are initially tough, but using things like Tame helps a lot. Honestly, I like how Hard Mode is playing out. I feel like Normal Mode will be really easy.

Bonesy

Once this develops more I'll play it lol, too bad I generally don't play games on Hard ayyyy
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386