• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Hunter Class

Started by Mustadioooooo, December 18, 2007, 09:48:34 am

Have you ever used Archer in FFT besides to open another class?

Yes, Archers Rule!!
4 (50%)
Of course not! They Suck!!
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: December 18, 2007, 09:48:34 am

Mustadioooooo

December 18, 2007, 09:48:34 am Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 07:47:27 pm by Mustadioooooo
Im working on a Hunter Class for FFT since i love archery, and HATE the Archer in FFT.

I just started 1 hour ago, so its work in progress.

The skills will have a charge time and be free. But the charge time would be WAY less than what Aim was. Details still to be decided.

Here it is.

Version History:

Version 0.1

- Started Hunter
- Everything is a mess
- Need formulas and Charge Times

Version 0.2

- Spell Check
- Removed Climb Movement Ability
- Changed Description
- Changed the Prerequisites
- Changed Windwalk to 100%
- Arrow Shower from 2x2 to 1x3

Version 0.3

- New Layout
- Changed stuff around
- Made some formulas

Job Title: Hunter

Description: Become either a Master Archer, or train a falcon to help fight by your side.

Prerequisites: Level 8 Archer Mastered, Level 6 Geomancer, Poach 5 Enemies
Can Equip: Bows, Arrows, Hats, Clothes, Accessory
Growth: HPC-10, MPC-16, SpC-90, PAC-45, MAC-50
Multiplier: HPM-110, MPM-65, SpM-110, PAM-110, MAM-90
Move 4 - Jump 3 - C. Eva 15%
Innate: Poach
Command Set: Archery

..:: Archery ::..

Double Strafe - 300 JP - Rapidly shoot 2 arrows at with 50% power each.
Damage= [PA *( WP+2 )]/2
Range: Weapon / Effect: 1

Focused Arrow - 400 JP - Shoot an arrow that goes through enemies.
Damage= PA * WP. 50% Damage for each Enemy after the 1st.
Range: 4 Directions (linear, CI) / Effect: 5v2 (linear)

Falcon Assault - 500 JP - Imbue your power into the falcon, dealing one huge blow to the opponent.
Can only be used with Falcon Mastery.

Critical Strike - 350 JP - Aim an arrow in the opponents weak spot. Crit Chance 30%+Atk. Throws Enemy 1 step back.

Wind Walk - 700 JP - Gives Haste to whole party until your next turn. Chance to work 70%+Mag.

Arrow Shower - 400 JP - Shoots arrows in a 1x3 Area dealing 50% Damage to each target.

..:: Reaction ::..

Counter Falcon - 300 JP - Counter Attacks using your falcon.
Can only be used with Falcon Training.

Arrow Catcher - 400 JP - Adds a chance to catch incoming arrows. Adds the arrow to your Inventory.
Can only be used with Bow Mastery.

..:: Support ::..

Bow & Arrow Mastery - 750 JP - Complete mastery of the Bow, shoot further away with increased might, and more accurately.
Gives Range +3, Attack +5 and 10%+ Hit chance.

Falcon Training - 750 JP - Train a Falcon to fight by your side, helping you find opponents also attacking the same time you shoot arrows.
Reveals Invisible Enemies on Range 5, Range +1. 25% dmg.

..:: Movement ::..

Trap Finder - 250 JP - Use your expertise of the wilderness to find traps before stepping on them.
Reveals Traps on a 3 Step radius.

Fletcher - 200 JP - Craft elemental arrows out of things you find around you.
   ex: Walking around the woodlands would create regular Wood Arrows.
       while walking around volcanoes, would create Fire Arrows.

VincentCraven

December 18, 2007, 05:01:27 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
I don't know if we could ever make this character playable as it is now in FFT, but

This class kinda reminds me of the Hunter from Maple Story, actually. I think I remember the word 'Strafe' somewhere in their version, and it also had multiple arrow shots and stuff. Definitely didn't have your movement abilities, which are rather interesting. IIRC, Silent Walk is an unused movement ability that makes the unit immune to traps. Never tested it to see if it really works.
As for Fletcher, making the Hunter actually use arrows with his bow could cause quite a lot of problems, even though it does make more sense.

1 Question: What attacks would 'Counter Falcon' counter?
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

Xifanie

December 18, 2007, 06:32:27 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Waaay too Ragnarok-ish.

My vision of an archer would be one putting poison on its arrows. Multiple arrows too maybe; but that's getting fancy.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Mustadioooooo

December 19, 2007, 01:31:57 am #3 Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 03:59:55 am by Mustadioooooo
Yeah, i got a lot of stuff from Ragnarok~  :lol:

i had a Sniper level 94 on bRO which is the original Brazilian server.

But i just liked the skills a lot, and i thought i would fit FFT pretty nicely.

I saw lots of versions of Hunters/Rangers putting down traps, but i never was a fan of traps, simply because its damn hard to get your enemies to step on them.   In the end it would just be useless.

So i focused on making a more pvm character which could be used for poaching, and also for going down the deep dungeon.

Hmmm Climb would be kinda weird, so im going to take out Climb.

The Fletcher ability would work like this imo.

When you make arrows, you don't make 1 arrow. You make a quiver.

One quiver lasts 1 battle. Quivers cannot be changed during battle.

So if you go with Fire Quiver into a battle, you will only be using fire arrows the whole battle. There would not be TOO many quivers. Just like 5 or 6.

Wood Arrow
Fire Arrow
Ice Arrow
Thunder Arrow
Poison Arrow
Sleep Arrow

For the Elemental Arrows, it would work like this.

You shoot the arrow, if it hits. You deal normal damage, not elemental. Then the spell of that elemental is used. So Fire arrow would deal Normal Damage + Fire 1 damage. Spells would never be higher than 1.

The Counter Falcon would counter most physical attacks. If its a ranged physical attack and its within your range of shooting, i guess he could counter it as well.

I have no idea how it would work to have a falcon on top of you and make it attack the enemy. I haven't seen it on FFT, or FFTA o_O

SephHexenWR

December 19, 2007, 01:59:01 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
It's 'physical.' Normally I don't nitpick like that, but 'fisical' looks very close to 'fiscal', and I don't think Tactics has any stock-market-based skills in it.

karsten

December 19, 2007, 03:06:51 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
just take off the guns and add PA to the bows

Mustadioooooo

December 19, 2007, 04:04:51 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mustadioooooo
Thanks Seph~ hah  In Portuguese its Fisico i was just thinking wrong o_O

Nah, i would never take out guns.  Even if i just add power to the bows, the archer skillset would still be useless.

Seriously, even if Charge +20 had a charge time of 3-4 Turn, it still would not be used.  Simply because you will add a WHOLE skill set with just 1 Skill.

I don't even know how they accepted this while making Archer Class.

Even Squire Skill set is more useful. Concentrate, Throw Stone, Heals Poison and stuff. I mean come on.

SephHexenWR

December 19, 2007, 07:35:08 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
Quote from: "Mustadioooooo"Thanks Seph~ hah  In Portuguese its Fisico i was just thinking wrong o_O

Ooh, you're bilingual! I get it now. I didn't know, sorry ^_^;

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 07:56:27 am #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
My primary language is French. :O
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

VincentCraven

December 19, 2007, 09:36:50 am #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
My primary language is English.   :D  

Oh wait...
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.

SephHexenWR

December 19, 2007, 03:50:39 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
Cripes, I'm surrounded by NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS. But wait, I'm surrounded by those normally anyway. Carry on!

Where are you from, Zodiac? France, or French Canada? Or some other place I'm forgetting?

karsten

December 19, 2007, 04:47:07 pm #11 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "SephHexenWR"Cripes, I'm surrounded by NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS. But wait, I'm surrounded by those normally anyway. Carry on!

Where are you from, Zodiac? France, or French Canada? Or some other place I'm forgetting?

i'm italian :D the world of internet is strange, uh?

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 04:47:20 pm #12 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Canada/Quebec

SephHexenWR

December 19, 2007, 05:25:51 pm #13 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
I figured that. I go to another message board where we have a Quebecer.

Karsten: I'm mainly surprised since I was told that FFT had an extremely limited release outside of North America and Japan; one of my UK friends had huge troubles even locating a dealer that knew the game existed.

karsten

December 19, 2007, 05:39:24 pm #14 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by karsten
Quote from: "SephHexenWR"I figured that. I go to another message board where we have a Quebecan (?).

Karsten: I'm mainly surprised since I was told that FFT had an extremely limited release outside of North America and Japan; one of my UK friends had huge troubles even locating a dealer that knew the game existed.

yes, it was NEVER released in europe or PAL zones.
a friend handed me a copy (and i mean a copy not an original) of FFT something like 10 years ago and i got in love with it. bought an original one, placed it on my psp via popstation, bought the PSP version too...

i've played more than 1000 hours, and my brother almost as much. I'm (was?) a square fan since FFVI. the last square production are saddening tought :(

SephHexenWR

December 19, 2007, 05:44:12 pm #15 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SephHexenWR
A shame that such a great game never saw release in one of the major territories!

Re: 1000 hours-- that's it? ;P

As for Square's latest offerings, I've not been too interested... Dirge of Cerberus had its issues, but it was overall not too bad. I haven't played much else besides Kindgom Hearts (I and II), and if you can get past OMG DISNEY AND SQUARE NO!! then it's probably one of the best games released that generation. I'm eagerly anticipating both KH games for the DS and the PSP.

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 05:52:49 pm #16 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
I've been pretty much "OMG SQUARE NOO!!!" for the last few years.
Actually, a few months before Square & Enix merged... Uh, yeah and The Spirits Within sucked.

Valkyrie Profile 2 was average/good. But I really don't like their other games besides FFT after they quit making games for the SNES.

Mustadioooooo

December 19, 2007, 07:54:14 pm #17 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mustadioooooo
Updated!  :lol:

By the way, the food in Italy is amazing! So is the Wine and Cheese. Yuum

The only thing i didn't like about Italy is the fact that Italians don't like to work, so business is always closed when we need it... T-T

Siesta is fun and all, but not very practical~

Zodiac, i also passed by France really quick when coming to Portugal.

You guys love coffee huh? So many coffee machines in the convenience stores~ o_O

My English is from Los Angeles. ( Lived there 5 years )

And my Portuguese is from Brasil. ( Born and Raised )

I live in Portugal at the moment. hahahah

I picked up a little bit of Italian since its very similar to portuguese.

Xifanie

December 19, 2007, 08:45:41 pm #18 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
Quote from: "Mustadioooooo"Zodiac, i also passed by France really quick when coming to Portugal.

So what, should I care? I hate France.

Quote from: "Mustadioooooo"You guys love coffee huh? So many coffee machines in the convenience stores~ o_O

I don't

Mustadioooooo

December 19, 2007, 08:56:29 pm #19 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mustadioooooo
ok...