• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSP (Current Version: 2.6)

Started by Eternal248, April 21, 2012, 08:53:46 pm

Eternal

Thanks, I need all the luck I can get, since I can't emulate the issue at all. :P

There are a few things I'd like to try, but I really need PSP testers and so few people seem interested in helping test WotL stuff. :(
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Tatzelveln

If I can help in any way, feel free to ask. I don't know much about this stuff, but -shrugs-

Eternal

November 05, 2012, 12:47:16 pm #102 Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:54:23 pm by Eternal
No idea if this'll work, but try the attached .ppf on a clean ISO.

EDIT: This test patch doesn't have the slowdown fix attached to it, but if this works, I'll reattach it for the official release.

EDIT 2: If it works, you'll be able to tell by Judgment Blade being evadeable.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Tatzelveln

Cool, I'm out right now but I'll check it out as soon as I get home, shouldn't be long.

Eternal

No rush. I appreciate your help, and apologize for the inconvenience.

Tatzelveln

Strange, it doesn't work, but in a different way. It tries to start, and goes to black screen, then stops and gives me an error saying 'The game could not be started. (80020148)'.

Eternal

Well at least you're getting an error message this time around! :P

I have honestly no idea why it's not working, so I'm kind of fumbling around in the dark. It works perfectly for me. Until I can play around with this some more, maybe try 6.39 PRO-B8? That's my firmware, but I'm using a Go, so I'm not sure if it'll work for you.

Tatzelveln

I'm trying an absolutely fresh rip and download, and if it comes down to it I'll see if I can try 6.39. I'll let you know how this all pans out. :P

Eternal

Thanks, I appreciate your help. I'm just sorry it's being such a pain for you guys. :(

Tea

Is it alright that all the text is severely screwed up, or did the patcing go wrong somewhere? When I use the unit-screen in-battle, squires are called Arch-Seraphs, Chemists squires, knights chemists, etc. Skillnames also look to be misplaced by one. Also, HiyTEther, and other mishaps.

Eternal

Yeah, that's not right. If you want to see if it works for you, download the version in the very first post.

Tatzelveln

Fresh rip, no dice. Now attempting to downgrade to 6.39 PRO B-8, will update once again when that's done. :)

Eternal

Tea, Tat, if you guys can come onto chat, that'd make the testing process a lot easier, since it can be done in real-time.

Tatzelveln

I can't, sorry. I'm on my phone, which doesn't have flash.

Eternal

Tatzelveln

If you'd like, I can PM you instead. (Currently in the process of downgrading, going well so far.)

Eternal

No need, it's helpful if you post your stuff publicly here, in case it can help someone else later. :)

Tatzelveln

Good point. So, downgrading did not work. This is a good thing though (in a way), it means the firmware version has no impact. (More or less, there's always exceptions of course.) Maybe it has something to do with the way the patch is created? I'm just throwing that idea out there lol, I don't know anything about this.

Eternal

I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the ISO people are using then, but I'm not sure how that would really change anything. Tat, I'm going to send you a PM in a moment, so please keep an eye on your inbox.