Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
FFTXI Beta v0.1 Released  (Read 9858 times)
Pages: [1]
Apathy Man [Posts: 7]
  • View Profile
  • [August 18, 2011, 04:33:10 PM]
FFTXI Beta v0.1 Released
« on: August 18, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
Have you ever played Final Fantasy XI Online? Have you ever come to love the game so much that you had wished the it were single player? Free from the competition of fighting over monster claims and ignorant elitists destroying its enjoyability? Well, this obviously isn't a single player version of FFXI, but rather an attempt to correlate the twenty jobs utilized in FFXI into a rebalanced, new dynamic for FFT.

Jobs:

ASM Hacks Used:

Modified Item List:

Sprites Used: (All from FFH Custom Sprites page, many thanks to those who created these!)

Many of the fixes applied already by myself were done after three quiet beta test playthroughs, although some additional work remains as outlined below:

Bags, Flails: removed due to their unpredictablity in the attack formula and changed out in favor of other additional weapons. Axes were left in for beta testing, but will work best once their damage formula is made more predictable one day. The work-around of using the Knightsword weapon type could be used, specifying the Knightsword category of weapons as "Two-handed Weapons" in their descriptions to encompass both Greatswords and Axes, but I leave that to you all to decide.

Gameplay and job stats have been rebalanced, and each job is now quite unique in their use and potential.

Some additional rebalancing may be necessary on a few damage formulas, again at the descretion of whomever elects to assume the project.

Blue Mage abilities, for the time being and for beta testing purposes, have been left learnable through JP . MP costs need to be associated with Blue Mage skills, and some rebalancing on the MP costs and damage output of certain Black Magic spells need to be modified as well.

Healing Magic spells now have no charge times. In practice, this makes jobs which are capable of healing far more viable than they were previously, and with both sides of the board casting healing magic more reliably, adds a better dynamic and challenge to the game than previous, in my opinion. This, of course, can be modified at discretion of the community. In fact, many of the changes incorporated make the overall game more challenging, and improves the overall longevity of interest of playtime.

Rafa and Malak have been balanced to improve the damage output of their Heaven and Hell skills considerably. Work may be done with them both, as well as the other special characters, to possibly even have them resprited/modified entirely, to incorportate jobs in previous FF games, such as Onion Knight, Viking, Time Mage, Berserker, Necromancer, Gladiator, and Oracle.

A few purchasable weapons are still showing in the "item" category late in the game. These hacked items, although not at all crucial to the game in the least, can either be modified or removed.

Needs work: Ability Descriptions, Skillset Descriptions, Item Descriptions, Job Descriptions, Job Requirement Descriptions, and Ability Quotes.

Aside from these, the building blocks are all here and accounted for in what could be a very pleasing mod for the community, especially for those whom enjoyed the job system in FFXI. There are a myriad of changes released in this mod that are far too great in number to be included in the time that I have to write this, but utmost care, research, and testing have been done to ensure the mechanics of it are suitable.

I do not wish to have feedback, and take no credit for myself, as I am simply offering ownership of this to whomever else in the Mod community who would like their hand at acquiring this concept. I am only electing to give ownership of this project to someone else due to my time now being consumed by a similar concept I am assisting with for a different game (no questions please, those I am working with on it prefer it to be confidential until the right time) and did not want this release to go to waste.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:44:12 PM by Apathy Man »
Consult my name, should you believe I truly care of what you think.
Mediator
Eternal [Posts: 3069]
  • View Profile
  • https://steamcommunity.com/id/eternal248/
  • [August 18, 2011, 04:48:18 PM]
Re: FFTXI Beta v0.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Interesting. Would you say this is a completed patch? If so, I'll gladly move it to the Completed Patches section. :D

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
    • Discord username: eternal248#1817
  • "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    • View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 04:50:09 PM]
    « Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
    In terms of playthrough, it is completed, pending some additional updating, of course. ;)

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 04:50:59 PM]
    « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »
    All right. I think this can be moved to Completed Patches then. Thanks for your contribution- I'm sure people will enjoy it. ^_^

• "You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
    • View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 04:58:31 PM]
    « Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »
    Most welcome, and most importantly, thank you, the developers of the programs, sprites, and hard work in code discernment, which made efforts like this possible.

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 05:04:43 PM]
    « Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 05:04:43 PM »
    No problem. I do have to ask though, have there been any reported bugs or anything with this patch so far?

• View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 05:14:47 PM]
    « Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 05:14:47 PM »
    As far as game-crashing/breaking bugs, I have yet to experience any at all on all on each playthrough. There are a few very small sprite bugs which may be experienced down the storyline (ie. Chemist being changed to Corsair and the game calling extra animations from the COR sprite that are not otherwise available leaving a temporary quirk in the sprite) but aside from that there isn't much else at all as far as bugs go, at least from what I observed.

Mediator
    • View Profile
    • [August 18, 2011, 05:16:17 PM]
    « Reply #7 on: August 18, 2011, 05:16:17 PM »
    All right, sounds good. Evtchr issues are pretty common, so those aren't a huge deal. Hope to see other stuff from you soon as well!

Luc [Posts: 30]
    • View Profile
    • [September 14, 2011, 03:12:48 AM]
    « Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 03:12:48 AM »
    this looks really cool, I loved FFXI (beta tested it for the ps2 way back a year before it came out) and played it for many years, always wished for a single player version of it-- i guess this is as close as it will get, which is ok considering FFT pwns face too haha!

EDIT: ummm this is the first mod I've come across that has more than just a simple .ppf file to patch over an iso -- how do I set this up to play it, do I just use ppf-o-matic like other mods?
    EDIT2: why does the Ranger job have all the skills from geomancers? Doesn't really match with the job abilities of the ranger in FFXI
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:21:47 AM by Luc »
    obsidiandawn [Posts: 7]
    • View Profile
    • [September 14, 2011, 10:22:28 AM]
    « Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 10:22:28 AM »
    Loaded it up to my standard Chapter 4 Testing save to see how all the skill changes worked, and it seems okay so far. I only noticed one thing: Poison Frog, the Blue Mage ability, is completely broken. It seems to be 100% poison and frog on whatever it hits as far as normal mobs are concerned. Is this intended?
    • View Profile
    • [February 17, 2015, 01:52:01 AM]
    « Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 01:52:01 AM »
    I completely understand I'm necrobumping here, but after a lengthy hiatus, this is only to state that work on an updated WoTL version of this patch is in the works.

Will post in a separate thread once complete, but major changes will include:

• All 22 jobs playable in FFXI can be used. (This includes Geomancer, RuneFencer, and LOLPuppetmaster)
    • Weapons only obtainable in Multiplayer will be obtainable in Single Player (albeit quite rarely).
    • Custom skills and abilities tailored to more closely represent that of FFXI use and playstyle.
    • Significant rebalancing, taking great care to ensure every job is as feasible as the next.

Once consensus is reached that the patch is balanced properly, work will ensue on ramping up difficulty.

Also note that for obvious reasons, no ASM's will be applied as this is for WoTL. Although, I'd gladly owe a favor if a suggestion could be given if any possibility of hacking the axe/flail/bag damage formulas to PA*WP exists for the PSP version.

More will be detailed later.

Gafgarion ( First class scumbag )
    sasapinjic [Posts: 17]
    • View Profile
    • The ISO zone
    • [February 23, 2015, 08:16:59 AM]
    « Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 08:16:59 AM »
    Looks nice ,will  try it !  :D

" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
    my Homepage
    Pages: [1]