• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:01:27 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

We need MOAR Monsters

Started by CONMAN, May 29, 2011, 08:33:15 pm

Kagebunji

I would take the easier path and just do it a normal level up and block frames, but if you want something more creative, then I guess I have an idea for the block. If you could make the hand she has on attack frames to work as a shield, you would have a block animation, like, she would use that arm to cover her torso or something like that.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

CONMAN

Tried to make a quick block motion with the aura hand.
Quoteshe would use that arm to cover her torso or something like that
maybe i shoult try something like that instead. 

Tweeked the front/back flying poses.  Copied the charge pose onto the level up (Why not?).  Also added claws to the back poses.  Some more minor touch ups still needed.  The upper back for the back facing poses look cruddy because there use to be hair on it (not so bad on some).

Getting closer....  :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Rex von Terror

I think it looks great! Idunno though, I'm not a spriter so I don't really notice it all o.o

WHAT'S "MOAR" THOUGH?  :more:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001416530922

Someone should make a FFT character of me, Ill pay you! xD Seriously, I will. o.o

CONMAN

Just a silly way of saying "more".  I suppose it is some sort of a meme.

3lric

This is looking good CONMAN, can't wait for it to be done. I love monster sprites :D

CONMAN

November 29, 2011, 09:13:50 pm #105 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 09:23:04 pm by CONMAN
...................and this is why I try not to show off my terrible portrait skills...... if skills is what it can be called.

..........ya, much work.... need to adjust some color(s) as well.

GeneralStrife

Portraits are hard. First off, colors don't blend well, use existing FFT port colors. The clothes or whatever that is under his head just looks like a garbled mess. Try using ghoul or something else's clothes and modify it if you are looking for something different.

CONMAN

November 29, 2011, 10:20:21 pm #107 Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 11:01:52 pm by CONMAN
colorless... better clothes?

Beatrix

CONMAN

....Ya, been busy with other stuff lately and always get distracted thinking about some new sprite to make rather than actually finish. (The thrill of trying to make something new> the tedium of touch ups and fixes)

I kept trying to find a good way to make a vampire sprite who wasn't an obvious nonhuman/monster sprite.  I spent a fair amount of time trying to find a way to blend a cape with furled wings.  Imagine you come into battle with what looks like a normal human sprite walking around, but on jump (super jump), attacking,  blocking and level up unfurled it's now obvious wings.  Kept getting frustrated... with it.

Here is a more functional, but still in need of some tweeks Esperella.  Pretty close, but not front page material yet...

3lric

Quote from: CONMAN on December 27, 2011, 01:53:13 pm
....Ya, been busy with other stuff lately and always get distracted thinking about some new sprite to make rather than actually finish. (The thrill of trying to make something new> the tedium of touch ups and fixes)

I kept trying to find a good way to make a vampire sprite who wasn't an obvious nonhuman/monster sprite.  I spent a fair amount of time trying to find a way to blend a cape with furled wings.  Imagine you come into battle with what looks like a normal human sprite walking around, but on jump (super jump), attacking,  blocking and level up unfurled it's now obvious wings.  Kept getting frustrated... with it.

Here is a more functional, but still in need of some tweeks Esperella.  Pretty close, but not front page material yet...

:O this is looking awesome CONMAN! great work!

RandMuadDib

Agreed, I like the new color scheme a lot, and its taken great strides since you started. Great job.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

CONMAN

No....... Not a monster, but I had wanted to make something new and fun and it was either a king or pimp so....

What do you guys think, I may have chosen a poor cape to slap onto this time mage body.  Also the colors may need to be adjusted.  Purple pants and partial purple cape seem to blend in a little. 

Don't get the wrong idea I still love monsters (especially goliath sized humanoids like the titan), but I simply can't do it from scratch.  I enlarged a human body for the dragonman, but the proportions (especially arms) don't seem right.  I have also considered combining parts of other sprites to make big human monster-sprite types like Exodus but still find myself shaking my head at how to make it work ok. (The calculator front seems like it would be a great chest piece for a big warrior.)

If you guys have any suggestions, I'm all ears....

Choto

I stumbled upon this guys website today after elric linked it, he ripped a whole crapload of sprites off of games similar to FFT i'm guessing. Some of the spritesheets actually look similar to FFT, you may be able to get a start with some of them so that you don't have to go from scratch ^_^ Although, alot of them may be on a different color scheme than FFT. Anyways, here ya go

http://www.crimson-penguin.com/index.php

MiKeMiTchi

First humanoid monster from the left looks awesome. ;3
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Jon

Quote from: Choto on January 25, 2012, 07:02:57 pm
I stumbled upon this guys website today after elric linked it, he ripped a whole crapload of sprites off of games similar to FFT i'm guessing. Some of the spritesheets actually look similar to FFT, you may be able to get a start with some of them so that you don't have to go from scratch ^_^ Although, alot of them may be on a different color scheme than FFT. Anyways, here ya go

http://www.crimson-penguin.com/index.php

Choto's post is pretty good for finding monsters but try to stay away from the humans, they are cute but are nothing like FFTs style. It would be seriously awesome to see something like this monster for example turned into a FFT Flan, hell you probably could just throw these in and maybe add some teeth and an angry mouth or whatever and your all done:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

CONMAN

Unfortunately I can't see your picture Jon.

QuoteFirst humanoid monster from the left looks awesome
Are you referring to Seushiro's ExDeath/Exodus?  He's about as complete as I probably get w/ out adding a portrait(of which 2 already exist).

At the moment I'm trying to complete my first actual human sprite(I've started and given up on a couple).  It's just a color change-head swap tweak-plus cape generic noble. the progress is below. 

Also I have been thinking it would be nice to have some kind of prince Orinas type sprite.  I am aware he's only supposed to be like 3/4.  Maybe all  that royal inbreeding could have some kind of a positive affect for once, like great magic ability..... or the size of a ten year old at age three.  That would be much better than being a hemophiliac.   

Vanya

Orinas kinda reminds me of Alus from FF3.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Zozma

ok so it would be quite nice for that little boy sprite to be done. theres a little girl sprite available afterall
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!