• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:51:31 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ENTD 188

Started by MagiusRerecros, May 02, 2011, 09:34:58 pm

MagiusRerecros

May 02, 2011, 09:34:58 pm Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:06:05 pm by MagiusRerecros
Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems trying to get custom characters into your party at the Akademy? For example, I've got three special characters, who are replacing the two male squires, and one of the female squires, but then whenever the event starts (after the Chapter 1 logo fades away), the game freezes, and my psp turns off.

EDIT: Found the problem. Apparently you can't replace the two squires who start talking before Ramza; in terms of the characters listed in the ENTD, that'd be the 2nd generic male squire, and the 2nd generic female squire.
Move Zig. For great Justice.

Also, Algus sucks up to level 5 donkey balls.

Nyzer

I was successfully able to replace one of them. The problem is you need to edit directly from the existing character itself. If you edit somewhere else and then clone over one of those two, for example, it fails.

If you modify the existing character's name, sprite, job, and equipment, it seems to work perfectly fine. If you clone over it, you remove something the game needs to keep progressing in that scene, something I don't think the patcher can identify or change back.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Hmm.. i used 188 for one of my intros and had no issue replacing everyone..
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

I only tried for one of the NPCs that was talking.

But the first time I tried it, I'd simply cloned a "tester" version of that character over from the Gariland battle itself. That turned out to be a bad idea.

Something about the NPCs that are already there lets the event work. There may have been a setting I didn't change when I'd cloned, I dunno (Unit ID is a possibility), but it's safest to just take the NPC as it is, and change the name/job/sprite set/equipment/br & fa, rather than clone.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown