• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

RAD 3: 35 jobs.

Started by pokeytax, April 12, 2011, 08:42:20 pm

3lric

I'm not quite understanding how to use this so I apologize if my question seems noobish, but this is what I would like to do:

I have 4 characters in my mod that need to start with 1 Job (a different one for each), once the level gets to 5 on that skillset they would unlock a second job and once that job was level 7 they would unlock their third and final job

All other units would remain the same as normal, (besides the fact that their are only 9 generic classes in my mod)

From what i read above it seems like this is definitely possible but after messing with the spreadsheet for a bit i honestly have no idea how to use it. Any help in understanding how to make this work would be greatly appreciated  :mrgreen:
  • Modding version: PSX

pokeytax

Here are two screenshots that show where I would start.

This setup does the following:

- disables Samurai/Ninja (assuming these are some of the unneeded non-generic jobs)
- gives specials 04, 05, 06, 07 access to extra jobs when their base job hits 5 and 7

So you would make Link's base job 04, and he would unlock jobs 15 and 16.

3lric

Pokeytax! You are awesome man. I totally get it now! Thanx you very much

Rfh

Pokeytax, 2 questions about your awesome hack:

- What is the use ''Idenity EQUAL TO''?
- Have you thought about creating a new version of the hack?
In your current version of the hack there are some bugs, like the appearance of a wrong sprite in a RAD job in the setup screen for a fight, or when a unit with RAD job when speak uses the Ramza portrait.
  • Discord username: rfh

pokeytax

- "Identity" is the base job of a character. You can use this to limit jobs to certain special characters, or to generics. For example, "Identity Equal To" 0D creates an job only accessible by Orlandu.

- I would like to revisit RAD, ALMA, and my other slightly broken hacks, yeah. I am currently working on an involved project but I do plan to come back. If I've told you I would update something and then didn't, I'm sorry! My intentions were good but the scope of what I'm working on expanded. But, what I'm working on will hopefully appeal to 10% or so of you (even if you wish I'd stuck to FFT).

Pride

Hoping to see more integers added for unlocking jobs in the future! So many things to do with only one =p
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

Rfh

March 18, 2012, 01:14:10 pm #126 Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:22:10 pm by Rfh
I want to create a job (assassin) that only can unlock by unit 14. This is my Speadsheet:
But the problem is that the job is unlocked for all units. What's the wrong?

Rfh

I'll try it in a new RAD 3 putting INDETITY EQUAL TO 14 in Princess, Dark Knight and Astrologist, and I patch a clean ISO, and the jobs are unlock by all units. Identity EQUAL TO didn't work.

lab3l

How do I install this? It's an xls (*.xls) file. I need to add the RAD 3 35 Jobs patch.

3lric

you need to have either openoffice of Microsoft office, or something else capaible of reading the files, after you make your edits you copy everything from the 3rd tab (IIRC)
into a notepad and save it as (whatever).xml

After you do this you can patch it to your .iso/bin/img or whatever you have, using FFTorgASM

Timbo

I had an idea the other day. I've merged the bard and dancer skills into all into skillset. While Dancer and Bard are still separate jobs they share skillset 16. Essentially Freeing up skillset 17. What can I do with it? Can I make a RAD Job that shares only its JP and Job Level with Wizard or something but with its own fully working skillset?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Solifuge

Pokey, trying to learn how to work RAD 3 through trial and error. I was wondering if you could share the raw Job Wheel page data you used to generate your ppf demo?

For background, I'm running an interactive Let's Play type thing with user-submitted character builds, and am hoping to avoid special characters entirely. I wanted a way to open up some of the NPC-only skill lists to characters who had Mastered (alternatively just reached a high level in) one of the generic jobs, but I need an example to dissect before I can do that.

Also, where's a good place to find the Hex values for different jobs? I'm still rather new to this modding thing.

Edrin

Question about custom jobs: do I have to use the values of existing classes to get working sprites? I used FFTpatcher to build a couple new classes from the empty 3A and 3B values. They seem to function properly, portraits and battle sprites portray correctly, but the UNIT.BIN sprites don't appear at all on the job wheel, formation, or pre-battle screens. When I put an existing special class value in I can get any UNIT.BIN sprite I choose to display, its only the previously blank values that don't work. Is this impossible to fix? I want to change as little as possible of the existing data (which I know will be tough with limited space). I guess I'm just thrown off by the fact that everything else works except the UNIT.BIN sprites.

Aqueous

EXACTLY the same issue as the above, it seems that this problem exists with new classes unfortunately.

Does anyone know a class in the game below ID 30 that does not appear in a battle? I don't want to see an NPC with my new class, basically.

Aqueous

August 08, 2012, 05:20:52 am #134 Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:17:13 pm by Aqueous
Unfortunately, I am also unable to get the Identity restriction to work with RAD. I will post screenshots later but I have set the "IDENTITY EQUAL TO" field for a particular class to 04 which should restrict it to Ramza in Ch4.

However, everyone can access the class.

I am also using Microsoft Excel so no issues there.

Vodogrey

Hello
Can I do to increase the level of the Knight to 5, and he could become a dark knight Gavgarion using techniques and equipment have already learned a simple knight?  :roll:
I use google translator. I apologize in advance for the bad English.

Aqueous

Yes, you can.

You need to set it so the Dark Knight class has a 5 in the Knight block. Lastly, in the "Shares with" column set that to Knight.

If you mean you want the new Dark Knight's skillset to also include the skills of the regular Knight then you will need to make a new version of the Dark Knight + new Skillset to include all of those skills, then repeat the steps above.

Vodogrey

Quote from: Aqueous on August 17, 2012, 03:20:45 pm
Yes, you can.

You need to set it so the Dark Knight class has a 5 in the Knight block. Lastly, in the "Shares with" column set that to Knight.

If you mean you want the new Dark Knight's skillset to also include the skills of the regular Knight then you will need to make a new version of the Dark Knight + new Skillset to include all of those skills, then repeat the steps above.

As I understand it, I can not add new sprites of jobs, because there is no place and will have to use the ones that are?
P.S. Where can I read about stats (atributes) of jobs? (HP Growth, HP Multiplier etc...)
I use google translator. I apologize in advance for the bad English.

Timbo

October 16, 2013, 06:38:31 pm #138 Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 06:43:53 pm by Jack of All Trades
I figured this all out a year or maybe two ago and I meant to post it then, but life got in the way. Since then I've forgotten it and had to relearn it. Anyway as far as I can tell, here is what is broken with RAD. When you select a formation sprite value, it is going to choose the formation sprite before it instead. If you patch it more than once, all of your RAD jobs battle sprites will become Chapter 1 Ramzas. So as a work around, when you choose a formation sprite choose the one would normally come after it. For example I want Chapter 4 Ramza as my formation sprite so I'm going to choose Delita Chapter 1.

So far this is the only bug I've actually encountered. Has anybody else encountered anything different? Will somebody confirm my findings? Will somebody fix this spreadsheet, because even though it's probably a stupid easy fix that should have been done years ago!? I'd do it but I don't know how to use excel that well.

If this is the only thing wrong with this spreadsheet, we should be ashamed of ourselves for not fixing it and using it a long time ago, I include myself in this category as well.
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

Shishi's numbers are off by one.