• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

*newbie* Broken links and simple edits

Started by tacticsgal, January 18, 2011, 09:47:58 am

tacticsgal

This site has lots of broken links on the tutorial lists so I've gotten a bit frustrated trying to figure out how to change a few things. I also find some of the links to patches of fft broken like newest 1.3 easy type.  Moreover, I just want some simple edits. I know its kind of silly but I've always been disappointed in games that force me to play a male character. I've play tactics since it came out and not much of the story really hinges on the fact that the lead is male. Argias is a knight so it struck me as odd that Alma wanted to be a boy when there are lots of girl warriors out there.

What it comes down to is just wanting to edit the leads sprite images and maybe the skillset if I get bored. Like just replacing a few skills with existing skills. I mean, things like Mbarrier and Deathspell 2 would make more sense. Ramza always seems more concerned with saving life than taking it. Especially in reaction to the death of Teta. Arm aim and leg aim also make more sense than yell,scream,whine,ultima. Innate train would help save lives. Ramza is always trying to plead.

I tried doing searches for "edit job" and "Replace ramza" but nothing useful came up. maybe my terms were bad. Not wanting to do anything too complex. Just make the game a bit harder, make the lead a girl, and change the abilities to match the personality using ones that already exist.

philsov

January 18, 2011, 10:52:01 am #1 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:52:44 am by philsov
first off, apologies for the broken links.  We recently converted over to a new format and some of that stuff still lingers.

But, you my friend need the FFTPatcher bundle.

http://ffhacktics.com/downloads.php

FFTPatcher will let you edit skillsets, job growths/multiplers, innates, and other matters.

you can use a graphical program to edit Ramza's sprite to be more feminine, but there's a lot of followthrough with that one because Ramza has a lot of custom sprite-age thanks to all the various cutscenes in the game, and then import those into the game via Shishi sprite editor.

Making the game harder is usually a function of the ENTD tab in fftpatcher, but you can make the enemy-only jobs (zodiacs, shrine knights, etc) more difficult in both the jobs and skillset tabs.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

tacticsgal

January 18, 2011, 02:59:00 pm #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:08:02 pm by tacticsgal
I figured 1.3 made the game harder when it fixed things from what I read. but some of the download links for that are broken. Seems you guys got hacked. my condolences. A site I used to frequent got hacked a few months ago. Also, I never thought of that. was thinking it would be easy to replace the battle sprite but forgot about the cutscenes. Was gonna try to use another spritesheet. Will keep that in mind. Also, can I patch the cd itself or do I need to use an emulator?

philsov

yes, it is easy to replace the battle sprite at least :)

as for playing your patched game, usually it's emulator only.  I think PSX/PS2/PS3 need to have a modchip installed in order to read burned CDs, or you need special burning software and/or CDs to be played on unmodded playstations.  I'm not too versed on the matter; been playing on an emulator with gamepad since... like... 2003.  I'm a sucker for increased FPS. 

tacticsgal

I made an image file of my CD what do I use to run it?

philsov

what emulators?

epsxe and psxfin are the big ones.  epsxe is my preference, but setting it up can be a pain (unless you find a setup bundle or something).  psxfin is much easier but then less customizable.

tacticsgal

i cant' get either of htem to run. whats a bios image?

Eternal

The BIOS is the file needed for the emulator to run. We can't legally provide you with one, but you can get it from your own PS1 or search Google on methods on how to get one otherwise.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

tacticsgal