• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:20:50 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Vanya's Sprite Projects Mk.IV?

Started by Vanya, January 10, 2011, 04:46:14 am

Vanya

January 10, 2011, 04:46:14 am Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:25:20 pm by Vanya
Current Projects:
Special Unit Sprite Expansion

Current:
Ramza Chemist

Finished:

Headless Generic Sprites (ready for easy head swapping)

Current:
Chemist F

Finished:
Chemist M

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Twinees

the eye shading looks perfectly fine Vanya :). The only thing i can error i can see is ramzas ponytail thingo merging with the back pack (side and front diag views). Other than that, its a nice headswap :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Vanya

January 10, 2011, 04:33:13 pm #2 Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:49:02 pm by Vanya
I see what you mean. Easy to fix, though. That's what happens when you're spriting at 5 am. ^_^

Is this better?
¯\(°_0)/¯

Twinees

Vanya

January 11, 2011, 12:12:46 am #4 Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:14:12 am by Vanya
Thanks, Twinees! ^_^

Here's another Update.
This one has the walking animations done as well as improved hair graphics for the front and back views.
Now it doesn't look like his cowlick jumps around anymore. Also, I improved the back view so it doesn't have those big blocks of dark grey.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Twinees

Very nice vanya. one little thing, does the mouth normally look like that on the singing poses for ramza?
:D

mav

Or that low? Twinees is on to something.

Interesting sprite, Vanya. Have you considered making him look just a tad bit more custom though?

Vanya

@ Twinees & Mav: I used the Generic Chemist's mouth. I wasn't too sure about it, but I wanted to see what you guys would say.

@ Mav: I'm specifically not making it more custom, because it's for an ASM hack that is being worked on that will let special units have different graphics for each of their Jobs. So in the interest of expediting the creation of 210+ head swaps I'm doing this quick and dirty.
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

Quote from: Vanya@ Mav: I'm specifically not making it more custom, because it's for an ASM hack that is being worked on that will let special units have different graphics for each of their Jobs.

Ah, gotcha. I remember wishing for this so badly back in the day. Sounds interesting, man. Keep up the good work.

Vanya

Thanks. ^_^
I should start making some headless templates while I'm doing this and release them.
It'll speed things up for me and it'll definitely save others some work in the future.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lijj

Looks clean. Simple yet effective. The bases or headless sprites would expedite the work needed for Mercenaries too.

Vanya

January 18, 2011, 01:40:57 pm #11 Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 02:22:59 pm by Vanya
Here's a new version with a bunch of little tweeks and the front singing animation done.
About the singing animation, you can see that I pretty much remixed that animation to make a little more sense.
I stopped that stupid head bob. Only Canadians on south park bob their heads when they talk or sing.
Instead you can clearly see the mouth and hand moving with the head tilted slightly up in a more natural way.

Also, added headless generic chemist sheet.

¯\(°_0)/¯

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Vanya on January 11, 2011, 03:26:13 pm
it's for an ASM hack that is being worked on that will let special units have different graphics for each of their Jobs.

That....Is...AWESOME!

Vanya

Don't get too excited. Unless someone can figure out how to expand the sprite area of the ISO even further, you'll only be able to support 3 special units max.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Celdia

D'awww! Chemist Ramza is uber cute! <3
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Vanya

I'm considering giving all his jobs a blue palette so he can keep his blue eyes no matter what job he's using.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kagebunji

That is nice, Vanya. Isn''t extend ISO something you need? You need to expand it even further? Oh gee, this surely must be difficult...

Good luck though, this is very interesting!

Vanya

Well it won't REQUIRE that the ISO be further extended unless we want more specials to have multiple sprites.
Thanks for the encouragement!
¯\(°_0)/¯

Tigerspike

Vanya, this looks fantastic!  I can't wait to see what else you have in store.
Oh come now. That doesn't even make sense. How can flimsy paper possibly beat the raw density of stone?

Vanya

Pretty much every special unit in every job! ^_^
¯\(°_0)/¯