• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:48:06 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How do you edit the generics you get at Gariland?

Started by EpikComplex, October 18, 2009, 08:35:38 pm

EpikComplex

October 18, 2009, 08:35:38 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by EpikComplex
As the question says, does anyone know how I can edit the sprites you receive for the first time during the Gariland battle (the cadets)? Furthermore do I have to edit multiple times to keep them throughout the game or just that once when I receive them?

Thank you guys!

hannahhorrific

October 18, 2009, 08:45:02 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by hannahhorrific
in entd go to 188 and edit them to your liking.

EpikComplex

October 18, 2009, 08:46:57 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by EpikComplex
ty hannah!

hannahhorrific

October 18, 2009, 08:47:49 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by hannahhorrific
Anytime!

Orlandu

October 19, 2009, 10:55:36 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
is it possible to change one of them into Cloud, or beowulf. i do mean Cloud, not a generic with cloud's sprite.
and if it's possible, what'll happen when i recruit Cloud at ch 4, will there be 2 Clouds? or will the game crash? what if meliadoul? when i automatically got her, what'll happen?

if there're no problem with those, how to do those? and while we're at it, how to unlock mime for ramza at the beginning? just simple fftpatcher thing?

thanks in advance :)

Cheetah

October 20, 2009, 03:14:00 am #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Just like they said you can change the generics to ever you want under the ENTD tab at instance 188. Just change them to the job, sprite, and name you want. I don't think you will run into any problems later on as long as you don't change the Unit IDs and leave them the same as the generics you are replacing.

Ramza as a mime at the beginning is a bit different, you have to do some hex/asm hacking for that I think.
Current Projects:

Orlandu

October 20, 2009, 06:54:44 am #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
Quote from: "Cheetah"Just like they said you can change the generics to ever you want under the ENTD tab at instance 188. Just change them to the job, sprite, and name you want. I don't think you will run into any problems later on as long as you don't change the Unit IDs and leave them the same as the generics you are replacing.

Ramza as a mime at the beginning is a bit different, you have to do some hex/asm hacking for that I think.

hmm... it doesn't feel right to me. i really can't imagine if i put meliadoul in exchange for 1 of my starting generics... what'll happen when i fought her in story battle? will there be 2 meliadouls? and after kill elmdor (zodiac one, forgot his name) meliadoul will ask to join.. so i could get 2 meliadouls? with exactly same name, same zodiacs, just lv&stat difference?

about the unlocking mime from beginning, could anyone enlighten me plz? i remembered someone did those for the sake of stat growth.. but i can't remember who..

edit: ah.. i've just downloaded the fftpatcher and i see the entd 188.. if i'm not wrong, this'll mean i'm gonna make an entity that looked like meliadoul, a dummy right? not the real Meliadoul. of course i can just decline her offer when she ask.. am i right?

oh yeah, in entd 188 there's an option "job unlocked", can i just alter the mime here?
and another edit, another stupid question.. how do i change the name of that starting member? not those special character. Let's just say i want to rename one female starting generics.

thanks in advance cheetah :)

MiKeMiTchi

October 20, 2009, 08:37:20 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by MiKeMiTchi
Quotewhat'll happen when i fought her in story battle? will there be 2 meliadouls? and after kill elmdor (zodiac one, forgot his name) meliadoul will ask to join.. so i could get 2 meliadouls? with exactly same name, same zodiacs, just lv&stat difference?

Yeah, I think.

Quoteof course i can just decline her offer when she ask.. am i right?

Yeah I think.

Quoteentd 188 there's an option "job unlocked", can i just alter the mime here

If it's for Ramza, nope.

QuoteLet's just say i want to rename one female starting generics.

Enable the ASM hack: Soldier Office renames all units
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Orlandu

October 20, 2009, 12:17:32 pm #8 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
thanks for your answer, but for the third answer, why is it not possible for ramza? when i see some entd about orlandu joins, he had "job unlocked" = mime.

Cheetah

October 20, 2009, 12:18:58 pm #9 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Ramza's stats and job unlocks aren't related to the ENTD info. Everyone else is though.
Current Projects:

Orlandu

October 20, 2009, 12:35:34 pm #10 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Orlandu
ah i see.. thanks for all of your answers. i'll take a look for asm hacking just to change some unit's name then.

Cloud13

how do I change ramza's starting equipments? i tried changing it under ENTD 188 but it does not change. he still equips broad sword, leather hat, clothes, and battle boots. any would be gladly appreciated. :)

Jon

I think you can't change that. Not the initial stuff I believe. Sorry in advance if I'm wrong. I do believe you can give Ramza another weapon in his left hand (or a shield) but thats it. You could give some of the generics custom stuff and after the Gariland battle switch them on over to Ramza...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

philsov

Ramza's equipment is hex-editable.

From Raz's topic:

QuoteSCUS_942.21
Head               : 0x4F129 value 0x9D Leather Hat
Armor              : 0x4F12A value 0xBA Clothes
Accessory          : 0x4F12B value 0xD0 Battle Boots
Weapon             : 0x4F12C value 0x13 Broad Sword
Shield             : 0x4F12E value 0xFF <Nothing>

You'd need to extract that file with cdmage, hex edit them (winhex, tiny hex), and then re-insert.  However stuff like ramza's job and job level are still considered uneditable at this time.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.

Zozma

the main thing you might have problems with perhaps is unlocking incorrect data in the character bio section. I know when i added balmafula in my party on a vanilla game, it activated her bio and it only had like a number and a letter for its description lol. tho the bio section is not always important
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!