• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:22:53 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Twinees' Sprites

Started by Twinees, September 19, 2009, 09:59:13 am

Cheetah

I'm so looking forward to this sprite. Doesn't Red XIII also do a lot of spin attacks? I think the monster base already has those so it should be pretty easy to implement.
Current Projects:

Twinees

Oh yes Cheetah you are right, when Red does an attack he does a few front flips. talk about difficult :P, but ill give it a shot.
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

Twin, the one you labeled as B and FJump2 aren't actually jump. Those are charging animations, and only share it with JUMP2 sometimes. Thought I will point it out.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

mav

What I learned from that video: Twin, your voice is wicked. As for the sprite, the walking and jumping animations look quite nice. The critical frames look pretty good, it was hard to tell whether the angle was correct, but I doubt you messed that up. The dead frames are nice, but one of them looked a little flat (i.e. like roadkill) and the other frame was blocked in the video.

Great work though.

Kill_Bones

Nice vid Twinees. The jumping looks great, as do the criticals. Also, you have a british accent, so +100 cool points!

Full credit to Mayhem over at RPGuild for my sig

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."  

-Abraham Lincoln

Quote from: Dome on February 19, 2011, 04:36:46 am
Sorry Eternal, I don't have balls....

Wolfran

Mav is right about the dead frames also I think is bigger than human's dead frames but It looks really good so far. Btw -100.000.000 for british accent XD
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Twinees

January 12, 2011, 07:54:11 pm #606 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:41:20 pm by twinees
My accent is not British, its Australian lol (vey weak australian accent compared to movies). Anyway thanks for you comments, im gonna see what i can do for the death frames, i think i may need to make it similar to that of the other monsters, because as you can see by the video, it gets a bit messed up (or i could make the existing one ive made smaller).

Edit: Fixed up the flat looking Red XIII (hopefully), also found out why the head caved in (the building must have messed it up)

hmm... front view still needs fixing :(. And ty Kage.

GeneralStrife

oh geez, oh man.
That is something

Twinees

January 13, 2011, 02:25:15 am #608 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:22:03 am by twinees
Update to the Monster template. Haven't labelled them as the order changes depending on the animation, but i have changed the colours to show the Front and Back frames (remember SP2 files can be different). Now i have that out of the way, back to Red.

(Side note: You can actually draw on the borders themselves, but nothing more, otherwise it will then overlap into another frame)

Edit: 2/5 frames done for the front flip attack (looks bloody great imo already). Great idea Cheetah but 1 frame took 3hrs... (i wasnt concentrating for 1hr though lol). I will post a video soon of what it looks like, i will be gutted if you guys dont like it though haha.

dbp

Waow, i've looked at all 31 pages and have to say that it is pretty impressive !
Now i understand when you said that you was working on FF7 chars.

Very good job so far, and good luck for next !
regards.
Final Fantasy Flashtics v0.6 --->

Twinees

January 13, 2011, 07:27:43 am #610 Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:30:28 am by twinees
Thank you very much dbp and everyone else for you kind words! This is the only thing keeping me going through this long and tiring process, really.

Just wait until you see the first attack animation, im hoping it will blow your minds! :P

GeneralStrife

Twinees, very amazing. Your skill as a spriter has reached epic proportions. I could only dream to even make a concept in my mind of this.

mav

Is his face still a little cut off on the forward-facing dead frame. Jeez, I can't wait to see these attack animations. Great work, man.

By the way, I totally knew that was an Australian accent. Just felt like gloating.

Twinees

Finished all the required frames, the existing animation for the attack is making the flip look jumpy atm. I'm looking through all the animations atm to find a decent one (lol there are a lot of monster animations), if there arent, we are going have to keep it with the jumpy one (or alternatively make him claw the opponent like couerl).

Twinees

January 14, 2011, 04:40:46 am #614 Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:41:45 am by twinees
So after using basically the whole day searching for a decent frame sequence, i didnt find one... So im having to use the first (and best looking) the animation that i tried. It is slightly jumpy i know, but it is the best possible :mad:, trust me. Also ignore the poison animation :P

Options: Keep (which i want to do), or just do a normal claw strike.

Vanya

That's a great start! Keep at it!
¯\(°_0)/¯

mav

That was pretty badass. I say keep it. I foresee this sprite being stolen by a whole mess of people.

Kagebunji

Indeed, it looked very sweet. I have no idea how to improve it. Eh, too bad it takes such a short amount of time, it is such a great animation, heh.

Vanya

You *could* add more frames , but that would be asking a lot of the game.
Let's face it, FFT doesn't have the smoothest animation in the world to begin with.
I think this fits in very well with the animation style of the rest of the game.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Twinees

January 15, 2011, 01:34:39 am #619 Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 10:59:11 am by twinees

Gees, that took me a while. 15 colours, has the possibility of being 14 but not gonna bother changing it because it is under anyway (slight loss of detail too). Still need to make little edits here and there but im pretty happy with this.
4 frames left for the Red XIII sprite.
Rest time.

Next poll will be soon. Might enable it tomorrow.
(And Yuffie fans, dont vote straight away for Yuffie, her arm protector will probably be a pain, and i need a break after Red XIII  :|)

Edit: Updated with Kage's suggestions
Edit2: Updated with the wrong portrait, ill update when i can get back to normal comp.