• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

So I got A really Simple Question

Started by Eternity of Black, August 18, 2009, 03:40:12 pm

Eternity of Black

August 18, 2009, 03:40:12 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternity of Black
All i want to do is get fft v1.2 on my computer, v1.3 if you guys think its better. The only thing i really want to do with it is swap out a few sprites gafagarion, zalbag, dycedarg, some zodiac monsters maybe and also learn to change my characters classes to whatever i want holy knight, rune knight, ect.

Now i'm pretty sure this should be easy, all i want to know is how exactly to i go about it. What system requirements, programs needed, ect. If someone could help me out i would be eternally grateful.

My copy of tactics for the psx broke on me after 9 solid years in action. So i really just want to play the game again, with only minor tweaks. And one other thing, is there a way to make the enemies harder, better stats, higher levels, smarter ai and so on?

Mental_Gear

August 18, 2009, 05:44:01 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Mental_Gear
The main program you will want is FFTPatcher, and obviously a PSX emulator.

philsov

August 18, 2009, 05:55:51 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
1.3 is vastly superior to 1.2.  I think it went too far off the deep end where difficulty is concerned, but 1.2 is still too much of a curbstompfest.  

to get that, just follow the instructions on the download page in the 1.3 forum.

fftpatcher will indeed make enemies harder with better stats and higher levels (ENTD tab), but the AI is always going to be as smart/dumb as it is currently without some major hacking breakthrough.  Though, the AI is really a lot smarter than the normal player gives it credit for -- in normal fft it really is a scientist riding a toddler's tricycle.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.