• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:33:33 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Custom Sprites Questions and More

Started by Kiah, July 30, 2009, 10:39:32 am

Kiah

July 30, 2009, 10:39:32 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kiah
Hi all, I've been a member here for a while and I've used the site to create custom classes before, but I'm trying to learn how to go a bit more in-depth with FFT Hacking so I have a few questions. If anyone could answer them, I'd greatly appreciate it. I realize this is probably noobish but I've read everything I possibly can here and searched and googled with no luck.

1. I've tried importing some of the custom sprites posted here at FFH into my game using ShiShi. I've read the tutorial and I know about the different types and all that. However, I can't seem to get most of the sprites to overwrite the original ones properly. I go into battles and my character looks like Ramza or whoever, it's entirely random. I got one of them to work once by overwriting the Geomancer sprite. However, trying to create a custom character, I'd prefer to overwrite a sprite that is used very little or not at all in battles. If there were a way to create a new class entirely with a new sprite and have that work, I would do so but I can't find much information on how to do that.

2. Where can I find a proper build of FFTacText? Does that still exist? I've searched google, I've searched here, and I can find no working link for it. If it does exist, is this a viable tool for creating entirely new characters and classes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

philsov

July 31, 2009, 09:46:39 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by philsov
Creating a new class involves some expansion and generation issues atm.  You should be able to remove some of the lesser classes or maybe even a special or two with relative ease.  

http://www.ffhacktics.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2968

I think is the most recent build of tactext.  As for why it isn't in the download section is beyond me, but that's more a zodiac/melonhead question.
Just another rebel plotting rebellion.