• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:04:48 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

FFT: Complete Main Info thread

Started by Cheetah, April 07, 2009, 11:52:40 pm

beawulfx

July 12, 2009, 03:44:55 pm #360 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by beawulfx
Hmm, well I didn't read every single one but what I did read were actually very impressive. Normally I cringe once or twice reading spell quotes or the like, but you did a great job IMO. I like'm, I'd throw'em in, but it's certainly not my patch!

EDIT: In Arise it should probably be 'grant' instead of 'guide', I do believe.
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 03:51:12 pm #361 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Thanks for pointing out those errors, guys. I'll correct them on my computer. Even if they don't end up in this patch, there may be others who can use 'em, so it's all good! =D
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Redux

July 12, 2009, 03:54:25 pm #362 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Redux
Quote from: "Eternal248"Thanks for pointing out those errors, guys. I'll correct them on my computer. Even if they don't end up in this patch, there may be others who can use 'em, so it's all good! =D
I may use your quotes. They are very elegant, yet articulate.

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 03:57:40 pm #363 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
You may wish to change the quote for Firaga though, if you decide to use them. I dunno if you want a Kefka reference in your patch or not. XD
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Smash

July 12, 2009, 04:13:39 pm #364 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Smash
Quote from: "Eternal248"Here goes!

*Quotes*

asdfghjk

Definetly, and by far, the best attack quotes I've ever seen.

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 04:20:24 pm #365 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
So you guys don't mind that I completely made up new quotes? I thought for sure everyone would rather just have the quotes corrected for grammar and spelling's sake.

BTW, does anyone know off-hand if I'm missing any more enemy spells? I feel like I am, but those were the only ones listed in the guide.

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 04:34:14 pm #366 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Fantastic! Great work, eloquently put and an overall archiac as the game makes it propr, by chance would you like to look at a few spell quotes for Mercenaries? Such talent is quite rare, you have seemed to study these more then a bit, how long did it take you to come up with all of these? Also I think you are missing a few as you said... You're missing Beowulf's Spell Swords, I think you might have missed Midgar Swarm, but aside from that everything looks wonderful!

Except... the description given to Ramza's Ultima is a bit plain, the original had a quote that was fitting to Ramza's character, "Brush off vanity and show reality!" is pretty core to Ramza's character, it's what he strives to do. That one is the only one I had a problem with.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 04:47:01 pm #367 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
I'd love to help with Mercenaries, as well as any other projects going on!

Wow, I made a huge goof with Snake Carrier. For some reason, I confused Snake Carrier (another move Elidibus has) and Midgar Swarm. They're both wrong translations! The proper translation is Midgardsormr. My bad! XD

Spell Swords... did he even have quotes for them? Truthfully, I don't remember if he does or not. I may have missed them in the guide earlier (or the Qu_Marsh could've forgotten to put them in. He/she/it(?) forgot to put Odin in under Summon Magic, so it's possible that it was just an error on their part.

As far as how long it took to come up with them, it really took longer to find the Spell Quotes guide than it did to make them, lol. I'd say about 2-3 hours. I love the world of Ivalice, so the root of my Final Fantasy knowledge is in Ivalician Lore (/geek).

And finally, for Ramza's Ultima. I completely see what you mean by that quote. It especially represents his frame of mind when he's able to get Ultima (Chapter IV is the earliest he could get it, IIRC, since I don't think he could get it at Riovanes Roof), so I suggest instead:

Ultima: "Light of truth, cast aside illusion's deceit! Ultima!"
Thoughts?

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 05:05:46 pm #368 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Much better, I like that one very much...

Well this is strange... I just looked in FFT Patcher and it shows that the quotes aren't activated, but there are quotes for them in the game...

{Color 08}{0xE1}{Color 00}{Newline}
Block off the light, see the{Newline}
dark side...Blind!

Under the name spirits, share{Newline}
all magic in nature! Aspril!

Under the name spirits, share{Newline}
all strength we have! Drain!

Fuel me up with the{Newline}
unrevealed power! Faith!

Into reality where miracles{Newline}
don't exist...Innocent!

Let your body crumble to{Newline}
the dust...Zombie!

No more casting of spells...{Newline}
Silence!

No need for reasons! Act as{Newline}
you please! Berserk!

No more  guts or bravery...{Newline}

Infuse a bug's mind into{Newline}
the soul! Confuse!

Throw back the harmful spells{Newline}
into the sky! Despair!

No more wishful thinking, no{Newline}
more acts! Don't Act!

Follow the spirit and{Newline}
forget about time! Sleepl!

Transform into stone!{Newline}
Break!

So it's up to the community... apparently they were never activated, but they were always there, should they be activated now?

Chicken!

Art of War

trismegistus

July 12, 2009, 05:12:28 pm #369 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trismegistus
I see that the official translation STILL calls Dispel "Despair", heh.

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 05:12:32 pm #370 Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:20:20 pm by Eternal248
EDIT: Wow, stupid me, I just realized that you were referring to Beowulf's quotes and not quotes for War of the Lions. My bad... again.

Anyways, LD, feel free to PM me the details of what you need for Mercenaries. I'll help as much as I can. =D

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 05:19:39 pm #371 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Oh, no, I had meant that these are in FFT, not WoTL, but aren't activated, the person you got the original quotes from had everything right. I certainly will, or better yet do you use IRC at all?

Art of War

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 05:22:17 pm #372 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
lol, I just finished editing my post because I just realized you were referring to Beowulf. ROFL

I'm afraid I don't use IRC. I use MSN, but because my internet is so choppy, it causes MSN to sign me in and out without me knowing, so it can be quite annoying to anyone on my friend list while I'm on. =(

LastingDawn

July 12, 2009, 05:23:06 pm #373 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by LastingDawn
Haha! Alright PM's will do then.

Art of War

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 05:35:13 pm #374 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
I'll give the Spellblade abilities a shot.

-SPELLBLADE- (to keep myself from getting confused with Mystic Arts)
Blind:     "All light shall fall to my darkness! Blind!"
Syphon: "Magick spirits, share your bounty! Syphon!"
Drain:    "Filth-ridden leeches, engorge upon sinners' blood! Drain!"
Faith:     "Divine Father, bless us upon this day of war! Faith!"
Doubt:    "Break free from the manacles of zealotry! Doubt!"
Zombie:  "Let your flesh rot and turn to dust... Zombie!"
Silence:  "Quiet death, feast upon thy foe! Silence!"
Berserk: "Put reason aside, let running blood be your pleasure! Berserk!"
Chicken: "A fate fit for a courtesan such as yourself! Chicken!"
Confuse: "The logos of a worm...Confuse!"
Dispel:     "The battlefield ought be even! Dispel!"
Disable:  "You'll not raise arms at me again! Disable!"
Sleep:     "Forget about your worries... they'll be gone soon. Sleep!"
Break:    "Cage of rocky earth, entrap! Break!"
Vengeance: "Painful fervor, heed my call! Vengeance!"

I know, they kinda suck, but I think they'll do.

trismegistus

July 12, 2009, 06:28:43 pm #375 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by trismegistus
Oh, one more thing I noticed. In FFXII, Zodiark was KEEPER of Precepts, not Master. Both sound fine to me, but if seems like you were trying to tie the two together through the quotes, so I thought I'd mention it.

Eternal

July 12, 2009, 06:37:36 pm #376 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Eternal248
Yes, thank you for pointing that out. It's been a while since I played XII and Revenant Wings, so I had forgotten about that. Thanks again. =D

But note that Cheetah is going to be the one with the final say, so these may not be used anyways.

Cheetah

July 13, 2009, 01:33:47 am #377 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Don't worry Eternal I am really liking these. This is a team project though so I must consort with my cohorts before I make a final decision.

Here I go and ask for Lasting Dawn's opinion and he goes and hijacks my thread for Mercenaries. J/K thanks for the feedback LD your opinion is valued. As is everyone else's, keep the feedback and opinions coming on these quotes.
Current Projects:

doesntmatterz

July 16, 2009, 12:18:11 am #378 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by doesntmatterz
HEy fellas how is this patch coming along? I presume there isnt an eta?

Cheetah

July 16, 2009, 01:11:37 am #379 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
I whole bunch of stuff is being accomplished at the same time. I'm anticipating a couple more beta patches for testing a few things, and a near final release in the not too distant future. The major slow-up at this point will definitely be the sound novels getting translated.
Current Projects: