• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Angel of Death?

Started by Lydyn, April 06, 2008, 12:44:25 am

Austin

April 06, 2008, 03:09:26 am #20 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Austin
Lower growth actually means higher growth on level up.
But yeah, it probably would be best to only change it by 2 or 3 at most.

Edit: Also nevermind then... lol

Edit-edit- It's because the stats can differentiate by a certain amount.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

April 12, 2008, 07:35:00 am #21 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
great, with this you can create guest or enemy characters and completely hide their status by applying ultima demon formula and not make them have some massive stat growth.

i used one of the empty job slots to apply to characters that i want to hide stats on without making them actually have such zodiac demon health growth... for example i made boco appear as a guest, with a special blue chocobo job but gave him a large skillset so to hide the junk since he never joins, i applied the status. something like hpm 12 and hpc 3 lol but he can quick cast cure4, life2, haste, slow, stop so his mpm is 200 and mpc 2.

i wonder tho. if a human charcter has armor equipped will the hp/ mp added by the armor be multiplied as well?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

Xifanie

April 12, 2008, 07:44:18 am #22 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Xifanie
from the BGM it seems to only affect raw HP/MP.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Lydyn

April 12, 2008, 02:21:51 pm #23 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Yeah, it's Raw HP + Armor/Helmet HP bonuses. And the hiding of status is kind of neat idea... though can't think of a situation where I'd want that to happen besides the Zodiac Monsters... I was thinking of putting random battle Bosses.. hiding their status would be fun. ^_^

Zozma

April 13, 2008, 07:23:25 am #24 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Zozma
here is just one of many ideas for a masked job
(why hide a job stats? mainly of an enemy or guest that never joins?
because you can do some neat things with the entd editor for battles but once they join in the menu become screwy as hell...)

here is an example for a job:
Holy Lancer
(i think that icewolf bite looks like the tip of a spear sooo.... provided that i made it able to hit even monsters i did this....)
hes equipped with a spear in his weapon hand, and any sword in his shield hand. (this alone already looks wrong since we all know you cant do that normally) but with such equip he can thrust with his spear and youll see the skill executed as if he used the spear to do it. also giving him maintenance prevents this secret from ever being revealed.

anyway and making a job that has such low hp growth even with the hidden formula makes him seem like another human instead of some huge boss. (there aren't many free slots to just create some job with crappy hp stats for such use, but as you all know with the entd editor you could make one sprite have a different job, if u wanted to you could use this job and just name it "?????" or "Unknown" and apply it to several different hidden stats characters...

see what im sayin? you can give them all kinds of junk and hide it making it look natural :D like my blue chocobo

maybe this sounds kind of weird but i think it opens alot of doors for custom guests and enemies. you might even be able to force a special character to use a second or third color palette by assigning a different "monster palette" number hmm?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!