• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:53:32 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

New Job Idea

Started by Cheetah, February 06, 2008, 02:14:41 pm

Cheetah

February 06, 2008, 02:14:41 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
These threads often devolve into uselessness quite quickly, but I had an idea that I thought was interesting and I thought I would share it or at least write it down somewhere.

So I was thinking this would work well for a Fencer, but the abilities are more the issue than the job title. What if a physical class character could move on the grid as part of its attack. Like have a retreat attack where the character would attack and then move one space backwards if possible. Or an attack that would make it so the character would move past an enemy, making it so the character could get past a wall of enemies. Plus a jab or step-in attack or something so that the character would be able to attack one additional square forward. These moves wouldn't be very powerful, but could potentially be very strategic. A new defense stance that allowed the character to sidestep left or right at the moment of an attack so that the character ends up on a different grid space on the map could be interesting as well. Might dodge an arrow or sword, but most spells and a lance from the side would still connect.

I'm pretty sure that most of these things are impossible to implement right now, but I thought it was at least kind of original for FFT.
Current Projects:

Kuraudo Sutoraifu

February 06, 2008, 03:10:50 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kuraudo Sutoraifu
You might be able to manipulate the knockback effect to some extent to make some of those ideas work.  But I don't much about the mechanics of knockback, so my assumption could be completely offbase.

Cheetah

February 07, 2008, 03:07:29 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Not a bad idea. I think all of these are pretty far from doable right now, but still interesting to brainstorm about.
Current Projects:

VincentCraven

February 07, 2008, 07:44:13 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by VincentCraven
Your idea reminds me of the Tactics used in Dynasty Tactics. Not a bad idea.
I changed jobs and that has made all the difference.