• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:25 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Command List editor

Started by DeSgeretjin, May 10, 2018, 10:25:12 am

DeSgeretjin

My text editor now comes bundled with a command list builder.
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=11989.0

Now it is possible to have custom command lists that have more abilities than vanilla.

If anyone have enemy formation data, I'll make an editor for that as my next project
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

AGodDangMoose

Oooh, how shiny.

Also, Lennarts notes contain enemy data. They can be found here
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=9486.msg185776#msg185776

Eternal

Wow! Great job! Keep up the good work!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Zeke_Aileron

a enemy formations editor would be amazing, so i can't wait for that, keep up the great work. :D

Also about the Command List add-on Editor, are we limited to what the max number of abilities it tells us, since i was trying to just add abilities and not remove any, it'll give me an error unless i meet the max abilities quota, nevertheless good work on making it for us to use.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

DeSgeretjin

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on May 11, 2018, 01:10:50 am
a enemy formations editor would be amazing, so i can't wait for that, keep up the great work. :D

Also about the Command List add-on Editor, are we limited to what the max number of abilities it tells us, since i was trying to just add abilities and not remove any, it'll give me an error unless i meet the max abilities quota, nevertheless good work on making it for us to use.

Yeah, there's a maximum because there is another block of data right after. If you need more abilities you can always remove the 11 dummy abilities from 'Turning'.

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: DeSgeretjin on May 11, 2018, 03:38:40 pm
Yeah, there's a maximum because there is another block of data right after. If you need more abilities you can always remove the 11 dummy abilities from 'Turning'.

Yeah i did that lol, i also added a few abilities to monsters that didn't have much variety in ability use.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

SoloCross

October 09, 2018, 01:30:12 am #6 Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 05:03:41 am by SoloCross
Hello. Sorry for the necro but I have a few questions.

1. When you change a skill in a skillset do you have to modify the corresponding item so that it teaches the new skill?

2. When changing the Blue Mage skillset do you have to do anything so that Blue Mages learn the new/swapped skills?

Sorry if these come across as noobish... but I am a noob.

EDIT: Welp I still haven't found the answers to those questions but the Command List Editor (or at least mine) does seem to have a bug, it won't let you see or edit the Bangaa version of the Arts of War skillset. It just redirects you to the Hume one if you try.

DeSgeretjin

1. Technically no, you don't have to. But you have to have some item that teaches the correct skill for the correct job.

If say you gave firaga to Seer.
If you learned firaga with black mage, then it'll also show up in your seers' skillset.

2. Either give the skills to a item so that the bluemage can equip and learn, or set the learnable flag on the skills and give them to an enemy that would cast them on your blue mage.

3. That bug is known, I just couldn't be bothered fixing it. It happens to give you the first skillset  if you have skillsets with tthe same name. The easy workaround would be just to rename one of them.

SoloCross