• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:22:23 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Custom Sprites WLDFACE.BIN and UNIT.BIN

Started by Aiolon, February 01, 2018, 09:48:26 am

Aiolon

The purpose of this thread is to share some of the WLDFACE.BIN and UNIT.BIN (Formation screen) files that i have made for some of the custom sprites that can be found on the site.
the main reason to do this its because some people have a hard time understanding how this works and it can be a tedious thing to do if you dont know what you are doing. i still encourage people to learn how to do it by themselves. this can help a lot
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

Part 1 (Some generics)
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Aiolon

Part 2 (More generics and special characters)

Aiolon

part 3 (monsters) NOTE: if you are using Shishi v492 you can import palletes for UNIT.BIN but not for WLDFACE.BIN (portraits).
if you import it this way then any monster you recruit will display the first portrait you imported and it wont match the monster pallette in your formation screen. you need to import each portrait using FFTEVGRP to have them match their respective unit pallete.

Aiolon

February 01, 2018, 10:41:33 am #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 03:25:20 pm by Aiolon
NOTES: The flan BMP im putting here its a fixed version. the one submitted to the site has the first 5 frames displaying a horrendous blue line that makes it look super awkward in game.
i have also Added an alternative list of palettes for dragons that uses an ugly snow dragon that i made as well as the other 2 unused palettes in the original game (most likely intended variations to holy dragon).
the snow dragon/white dragon looks a bit unrealistic because god knows its hard to make light colors look great but i still tried! i like my snow dragon >:l

Quillbeatssword

I respect anyone with the knowledge to design tools for any game I mod. From total war, Rotk, Dragon age etc. That being said. Some of the best mods I ever used/created came from people with no knowledge of tool creation but a great knowledge of the tool. Some people can use the tools you make better than you. Saying a lack of that particular skillset doesn't make you a good/great modder is like saying using a game engine you didn't code makes you a crap game designer or a mechanic that didn't design the wrench is a bad mechanic. Stay humble. Everyone has different skillsets. Everyone contributes differently.

Abashi76

These look very good, they would fit with Celia's mod.
  • Modding version: WotL
  • Discord username: Abashi76