• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:41:19 am

Psx 1.3 on psp possible?

Started by bwar, January 13, 2018, 04:35:47 am

bwar

I have never messed with custom firmware or roms on my psp so im having some trouble getting this to work. I patched an iso of fft with 1.3, converted it to an eboot with psx2psp, installed cfw and popsloader, theres a game image on the mem stick but nothing loads. Im not sure where or how i messed up but im assuming i did. Anyone able to point me to an idiot proof tutorial or give some advice? I could play on epsxe but id rather not if i dont have to. Is it even possible to do this or do i have to play the wotl version on my psp?
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

Nyzer

I don't know why you're posting on here for 1.3 help, as the site stopped supporting it a long time ago and only has archived, old-ass versions of it.

But it's probably just not console compatible enough to work on the PSP. Some ASMs can cause console incompatibility.

There's also the possibility you did something wrong, but I don't have any experience with 1.3 or with a PSP that has to jump through hoops to run emulated games.

Just play it on your phone with an emulator, IMO.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Raijinili

You should first ensure that you are able to get it working without the modding. That is, use a clean image of FFT and stick it through the converter.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown