• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:53:03 am

Question about Blood Suck

Started by Heisho, November 03, 2017, 11:48:37 pm

Heisho

Hello everyone.
I would like to know if the Blood Suck status calls the Blood Suck ability on C8 (like Counter Tackle calls for Dash) or is it hardcoded on said status.

Thanks in advance
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho

Ildon

November 04, 2017, 06:03:57 am #1 Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:51:07 am by Ildon
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
(PSP) FFT: GGL Edition 0.9.81 is now available. check here

Nyzer

You mean how, when a unit is set to Blood Suck, they are then forced to use Blood Suck from that ability or skillset slot? Last I heard, no, it didn't work that way.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Heisho

So if I change the ability slot, and a unit gets the Blood Suck status it will keep doing the same Blood Suck right?
Is there a way to link the ability to a lost of my desire?

@Ildon: Sorry for not responding. Actually when I asked that question I was working something like that and found that solution sometime ago, I though I marked the topic as solved but it seems I didn't. Thanks for the help anyway, I liked the Sexy Mantle idea.

Nyzer

Not through Patcher work as far as I'm aware. Maybe ASM.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Xifanie

It's hardcoded and my spreadsheet covers that, but it's not available to the public, so instead you can edit
0x801A0B34 memory address in BATTLE.BIN

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Set_chosen_ability/target_for_AI_status (very bottom of the page)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Heisho

Quote from: Xifanie on November 04, 2017, 08:35:52 pm
you can edit 0x801A0B34 memory address in BATTLE.BIN

http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Set_chosen_ability/target_for_AI_status (very bottom of the page)

Ok let me see I got this correctly.
I went to BATTLE.BIN, and subtracted 67000 to that memory address in order to find the corresponding offset. But when I found it (00139B34) all data is zeros. So this means that I must edit with this -->84a700c8<-- and then make changes on Patcher to match this code? Meaning to change the contents of the skillset or the ability slot?

Sorry if I don't make any sense, I'm trying to learn to understand all of this.

Regards.

Xifanie

00199d74: 340200c8 ori r2,r0,0x00c8
That should be your blood suck ability
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)

Heisho

Thanks for the tip, I found it.
Now, I will change C800 with the ability of my desire. Let's say 6B01. Will Blood Suck/Vampire will use that ability instead of the original one?
Or do I need to code a whole new ability (range, effect, etc, etc)?

BTW, thanks a lot for the info that you might share with this hopeless noob.

Regards.

Xifanie

I'm honestly not sure if you need to do more than that... you have to take into consideration the Blood Suck AI though. It might not play as you want. It would only work well with a melee attack.

Heisho

November 19, 2017, 11:10:32 pm #10 Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 01:37:40 am by Heisho
Well it worked as expected.

The ability must have a target other that the unit that is casting it. You can choose from a different formula that doesn't make damage. In my tests, for instance, I was using the formula 55 with effect 17A (Goo) and it worked well. Just remember to select the flag Ignore Silence and Select Target, from there you can chose if only allies or enemies. The hardcoded AI will handle the rest.

So there you go. You only need to change the offset 132D74 in BATTLE.BIN with whatever ability you want (in reverse, like 01B6 to B601) and you will make a new "Blood Suck" status.

I know many of you are already are aware of this, but there are many new (like me) who wonder how to do it.

I'll post a .xml file with this once I learn how to make one with drop down options like the ones that comes by default on FFTorgASM.

PS: This left me wondering that if you change the original blood suck slot (C8) all of these will not be necessary...I didn't tried.