• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:19:45 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Uploading error?

Started by Aiolon, July 31, 2015, 06:54:15 pm

Aiolon

July 31, 2015, 06:54:15 pm Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 09:28:34 pm by Aiolon
Posting here again omg ._.

i finished the beta for my patch (yay) and i wanted to upload it as an attachment and i get an error message saying the attachment could not be saved because the load took to long (1 minute 37 seconds everytime) or because the file is to big for the server.

the PPF file is 9.03 MB but i compressed it with winRar and the file is rar format and the size its only 4MB but i keep getting the error.
i have tried diferent configurations but the error its the same so im guessing its because my Derpy internet connection (54mbps) or i dont know but i really dont feel like using one of those sites for file hosting i have really bad experiences with those sites

now wondering what is the cause for the problem? i have tried both rar and zip and before trying .7z i would like to know if there is a necesary configuration for the attachment to be saved or if my connection speed sucks for the upload.
if i need a program, an app or something just tell me what it is and i try to get it ASAP.

why must this happen everytime i finish something why??? :gay:
  • Modding version: PSX
Wizzard: I have returned once again.
Chocobo: Wark?
Wizzard: yes.

Angel

I can't see any cause for the problem... I double-checked the attachment settings, and .rar is allowed, and it's under the 8MB single file limit. Xifanie did update SMF within the last 24 hours, though. Let me try a few things and get back to you.

Quick edit: uploads are working for me. Do you have a firewall or unnecessarily dumb (Norton, McAfee) anti-virus active?
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Aiolon

July 31, 2015, 07:27:22 pm #2 Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 07:39:58 pm by Aiolon
i do have the firewall active but no i dont use Mc afee or norton i use another antivirus but i really dont think thats the cause. i will try submitting it again with the firewall off.

edit: Nope nothing worked but here is the error message i get

funny thing is i can attach small files that load instantly and they work just fine :l

Jumza

Try uploading to a different site that will allow you to just link the download until this gets fixed!
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Aiolon

Angel

Quote from: Jumza on July 31, 2015, 08:09:20 pm
Try uploading to a different site that will allow you to just link the download until this gets fixed!

No idea what needs to be fixed. I can upload files just fine. Example:

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Angel

Okay, hold the phone. It is actually the file extension. I just went to upload a .rar (smaller than the above file) and immediately got the same error message as you. So there's your temporary fix answer: use 7-zip like I did.

Aiolon

i was posting i gave i uploaded the patch in another side and linked the url but i will give it a try. so rar is broken huh? weird

Aiolon

retried  it with Rar7z file this time smaller but same thing happened i gave up  :gay:

its in spanish but im sure you know what it means. anyway tell me if im missing something but still thanks for the help.

:?

topic solved! (i still think 1.40 minutes its the cause for the fail i mean seriously? my luck :l

Xifanie

No, it was the server all along. I don't know what's the pingout time though, but after we moved servers, the php5.ini file was not transferred over, and had a max upload size of 2mb. I just changed it, and tested it; it works now.

You're just apparently the only person who tried to upload a file bigger than 2mb ever since we moved servers. :p

Sorry for the inconvenience
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Aiolon

:D it worked succesfully uploaded the patch in the site now! take that stupid luck!

thanks xif you are awesome  :cool: