• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:37:05 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Musican Here!!!! And Playtester

Started by Skr1bbL3, July 15, 2014, 09:09:19 am

Skr1bbL3

I play many instruments like Piano, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Mandolin, Violin, Banjo, and my keyboard can cover the Wind instruments if needed. And I love Tactics and I see a lot of the things that are getting done here IDK if any one is working on any games but I'd like a crack at a play test and perhaps helping putting some tunes down on the storyline parts if needed. I can get the feel of what I would play musically to complement the story writing. Also I'm more in so looking for people writing there own story and not just modding the old one Thank You!

3lric

Welcome to FFH!

We only have 2 actual story mods on the site right now, which are Kokojo's Call of Power, and my Journey of the 5.
Take a look and see if you'd wanna help out either one.

Also, can you post a sample of some music you've made?
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

:welcome:

We do have the possibility to edit the music in the game, which would need to be converted from music sheet/midi back into FFT's format. It would certainly be awesome to have a composer on FFH.  :)
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Skr1bbL3

I'm watching the JoT5 play through now and I have turned off the sound cause the commentary was too much. Also a lot of the scenes seemed rushed so I have been pausing to read which I like everything so far and I'm about a 1hr and a half into the video of the chapter 1 play through from Chimp. As for the Music I'd need to get some of my recording equipment out I will work on this though and post some samples here ASAP. I may need to watch the play through a lot though to get a nice feel on what I hear for cut scenes. As for the music I've already made I most of which have words others are just simple instrumentals That I have that are not recorded at the moment some of which might fit a cut scene or two as well. We'll see but this seems like it would be fun and I look forward to doing it. Although I know nothing of how to program I always wanted to contribute to something like this.

Edit: Also is there anywhere I can look at a video of the other story mod as well?

3lric

For a Jot5 playthrough, I'd ask that you actually watch DaTruthDT's playthru or CT5Holy's playthru, they BY FAR had the best LP's out there and played more
updated version of the game.

I know Kokojo has a old playthru of Chapters 1 and 2 of CoP (currently all that's released until sometime soon) I'll see if i can find it, however, it should
be noted that that CoP should not be judged as the current project, Kokojo and several of us from the Jot5 team have been working to make it much
prettier and more fun to play. CoP Ch1 was originally made when event editing was no where near where it is now, and english also is not his first language :P

CoP Videos HERE

Skr1bbL3

Okay I just recorded something instrumental on guitar no leads/harmony/or melody, added just the backing track and will probably need to be re-recorded when I do that, I'm waiting for my brother to get out of work though since he has the cord to put it on the computer from my recorder but I may record it again on my phone and send it to my email and see how that sounds as well

3lric