• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:36:56 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

"Anything" command?

Started by Hikaru, April 09, 2014, 07:26:48 am

Hikaru

So I did a little test in FFT Patcher. Made a patch with ONE EDIT ONLY: changing Fire's animation bytes to 0F 3E 00. It was to test using the Jump UP without the Jump DOWN, and boy did it ever! If Fire was cast, then you moved, then you started to change your facing, the jump replays whenever you switch (presumably because it's a new animation due to the facing change), allowing you to jump upwards infinitely. When you move, you fall back down (with both hands up! woooooooooo what a ride!), but other kinds of interaction don't necessarily cause this. I also am guessing that if the sprite changes/moves, you get placed back on the ground, since when Delita walked through a "flying" character she was suddenly on earth again in order to move out of his way.

Anyways, suddenly, after I had jumped someone up quite a few times for fun, another character starting having the "Anything" command seen in the screenshot attached. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Also, I thought she might have been the one with Equip Change equipped, but I just checked and it was the other one. So I guess it has nothing to do with that...

Jumza

o.o What does the Anything command do exactly? I have never seen or experienced this before.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

Quote from: Jumza on April 09, 2014, 08:42:43 am
o.o What does the Anything command do exactly? I have never seen or experienced this before.

It does... ANYTHING.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Celdia

I poked around in a vanilla-output of Tactext and found only one thing that showed up as Anything an seemed likely to show up in battle: Skillset BC. Now those of you familiar with FFTPatcher might be thinking "But Celdia, the skillset list stops at AF. There is no skillset BC." and of course that would be really weird if any of you were actually thinking exactly that...but if you WERE, you'd be right. The list in FFTP stops at AF, but if you look at the list of names that is part of the output in Tactext it actually goes for several slots beyond that, stopping at BC [assuming I can still count in base-16.]

Damned if I know what it does after that but I'm not up to setting up all the junk I'd need to to test things to try and figure it out.

@Hikaru: Did you notice that after Delita walked through a friendly 'stuck-flying' unit that the unit had no shadow for the rest of that battle? I find that even more eerie.
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Choto

If you look at the action menus tab in patcher, BC is the Pisco Demon skillset. I know when you hack in anything above 0xB0 as a units skillset it comes up as a direct command a la monster skillsets.

as for "anything".... no clue. Does it work as a direct command (monster skill) or as a skillset?

Hikaru

Quote from: Celdia on April 09, 2014, 11:28:44 am@Hikaru: Did you notice that after Delita walked through a friendly 'stuck-flying' unit that the unit had no shadow for the rest of that battle? I find that even more eerie.

That... is rather eerie. Is this from experience with Brawlers in your patch? I've always loved that glitch there, where it's less malicious and more hilarious, and where they sometimes airwalk downwards instead of falling (which is actually why I thought to point out that mine fell in my first post).

Quote from: Choto on April 09, 2014, 12:26:50 pm
If you look at the action menus tab in patcher, BC is the Pisco Demon skillset. I know when you hack in anything above 0xB0 as a units skillset it comes up as a direct command a la monster skillsets.

as for "anything".... no clue. Does it work as a direct command (monster skill) or as a skillset?

It appears to work as a direct command. When I click it, it brings up that window and asks me yes or no, which is presumably the "skill use confirmation" part. However,  whether I press Yes or No, I just immediately get spat back into the Attack/Black Magic/Item/Anything window. This may be because the actual TARGETING part of the skill has been replaced with some kind of "spawn a window" thing. The contents of the window ([Blank]/Attack/Black Magic) never changed (though presumably they'd be different on a unit with different skillsets) and the game itself actually froze (or maybe it hung, I don't specifically remember) immediately after that unit's turn, but that's because she used a potion on the other party member who isn't shown in the screenshot due to being in the upper stratosphere, and the game had trouble trying to get back down from there in time for the next unit's turn.