• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:08:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

[Old] Problem with importing sprite after patching

Started by matthewxxg, December 15, 2013, 03:01:10 am

matthewxxg

December 15, 2013, 03:01:10 am Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 07:21:12 am by Dome
ShishiSpriteEditor would not read the patched iso file. No problem with the raw file or other patched updates, only having problem with FFT+ unfortunately :(.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Dome

Welcome to FFH, where all your dreams come true!
Sadly, I'm not very expert on the matter...I hope someone more knowledgeable stops by to help you

P.s: Just for curiosity, what did you want to change?

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric

I believe Xif knows how to fix this. We used to have the same issue with Jot5.
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

Basically, the only ways to fix it, are to:
- Manually pad with 00 bytes the image until it's the same size as a normal image restructured by shishi
- Have Dome make a proper patch, with him padding his original comparison ISO to the same size as a normal image restructured by shishi, and change the last byte to something else than 00... 01, FF, whatever. Then when he makes a patch, it will be openable in shishi after patching.

Of course, both options require a hex editor.

This is why using the PPF format to start with was stupid. We really need to change.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Timbo

As I'm about to make my own patch. What other format would you recommend Webmistress?
  • Discord username: Timbo

Xifanie

I'm looking into that...
beat is a no (forced checksum validation)
ninja is a no (the program just crashed on me, so kinda pointless if users can't use it)
xdelta potentially a yes... I've found a program that has a GUI of it, but it doesn't really let you customize it, otherwise it's all freaking DOS. I can create patches with it that work perfectly, but you can only use it once and on an unaltered ISO.
IPS is a no; CDs are too big anyway

Really, our options suck. :/
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

3lric

Sooo, I downloaded the FFT+ PPF to fix the Shishi issue, however upon patching I see that FFT+ is over 800mb,
when a normal FFT image (unextended) is ~ 516mb (even Jot5 is only ~527)

So I have no idea what horrible things Dome did to his Master ISO, but I would need that to look further into it.

Dome

Quote from: Elric on December 15, 2013, 04:16:26 pm
So I have no idea what horrible things Dome did to his Master ISO

Unspeakable things

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric