• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:17:08 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

making a new job.

Started by Kupoe, September 30, 2009, 10:17:16 pm

Kupoe

September 30, 2009, 10:17:16 pm Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
k how would i insert a class and have it possess a valid jobwheel?
i havent actually done it yet, but would like to know how.

Rythe

September 30, 2009, 10:26:15 pm #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Rythe
You're gonna have to replace one of the existing jobs on the job wheel. Currently, there is no way of adding more (useful) jobs because there isn't any room for their skillsets. So you'll have to replace the sprites, portraits, skillsets, and all that jazz on an existing job.
(>^_^)>----------------------@(>X_x)>
YO-YO'D

Kupoe

September 30, 2009, 11:00:17 pm #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
oh i know that. like i intend to replace the oracles at 38/39 and fake celia/lede at 3a/3b
but i dont know if they will have a valid job wheel.

what i intend to do, is make a Holy/Dark Knight that you may run into in random battles, and female/male versions respectively. i wanna make it so that you can invite em.

i also intend to make a Divine Knight Female/Male that you can invite that fights in random battles.

Vanya

September 30, 2009, 11:08:03 pm #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Rythe"You're gonna have to replace one of the existing jobs on the job wheel.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kupoe

September 30, 2009, 11:19:02 pm #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
Quote from: "Vanya"
Quote from: "Rythe"You're gonna have to replace one of the existing jobs on the job wheel.

you dont get what im trying to do.

I want to make a char that has Holy/Dark/DivineKnight in place of Squire. i dont want to make an addition to the jobwheel, just a character that can change his job from Holy Knight Etc ala Agrias.

I intend to make the sprite look "generic" and the description of the class to be generic.

Vanya

September 30, 2009, 11:40:00 pm #5 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Kupoe"k how would i insert a class and have it possess a valid jobwheel?

After you pick what sprites you are going to use and which jobs they'll have you have to edit some stuff in UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN to link them up with the correct images and portraits.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Kupoe

September 30, 2009, 11:51:34 pm #6 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Kupoe
Quote from: "Vanya"
Quote from: "Kupoe"k how would i insert a class and have it possess a valid jobwheel?

After you pick what sprites you are going to use and which jobs they'll have you have to edit some stuff in UNIT.BIN and WLDFACE.BIN to link them up with the correct images and portraits.

how would i go about doing that? do you know how?

Vanya

October 01, 2009, 12:24:09 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Read up at the UNIT.BIN thread in the sprite forum.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Beatrix

can i remove a slot from the job wheel? i hate oracle and mediator -.-

Celdia

@Beatrix: If you make a job require a bunch of levels in itself, it will never show up on the job wheel. Just set Oracle and Mediator to require 8 job levels in their own class and they shouldn't ever appear.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Beatrix

hm. makes sense. thanks! ^^

ramzacloud777

i must say, i just recently learned all this was possible. and its AMAZING. i remember when i started playing fft years ago, and i had so many ideas for my own characters and jobs and so on. and now its possible lol yay. well maybe....