• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:44:20 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

How would one go about restoring battle quotes?

Started by helltoast, March 28, 2015, 09:59:25 pm

helltoast

Thread is self-explanatory, really. I know it's minor but I really miss battle quotes, the little incantations characters would yell before executing a given action.

I don''t mind doing the research myself, I'm just looking for pointers, where to start.

3lric

I wasn't aware that these were not used in WotL... Add another reason for me to dislike the game.

Non-the-less, you can edit these in FFTactext
  • Modding version: PSX

Xifanie

That's not going to help; they were disabled entirely.

I'm honestly not sure how to go at it myself though.
All I know is that it is linked with the "Display effects" option.

I did make a hack for the PSX version to make them appear 100% of the time, but again, very blurry how that would help.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

helltoast

Quote from: Xifanie on March 30, 2015, 10:00:29 am
All I know is that it is linked with the "Display effects" option.

I did make a hack for the PSX version to make them appear 100% of the time, but again, very blurry how that would help.

It'd make testing easier, I guess. Thanks for the tip by the way, it might be helpful in the future.

Japanese version still has the quotes, I'm trying to find the on/off 'switch' an flip it in the US version. Worst case scenario I could translate the whole thing although it wouldn't be practical.

Eternal

The spell quotes can't even be edited in Tactext in WotL, to my knowledge. When I asked the translating team ages ago about whether they were even given the quotes to translate for WotL, they had no knowledge of them.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817