• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:45:49 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Original Jot5 Thread

Started by 3lric, October 24, 2011, 04:53:34 am

Taichii

Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

3lric

Meaning that we were planning on using Odin at one point, but there isn't a good enough sprite to represent him, and if there was he would most likely be some sort of sidequest
  • Modding version: PSX

Taichii

if we find a slot for this odin sidequest, then it would be great :)
i hope we can add this to the subquest bank :))

"Desperation"

3lric

It's not really a matter of finding a slot. Cuz i can make a sidequest

It's a matter of having a sprite that meets the standards of the spriters working on the mod, and they have very high standards  :mrgreen:

Taichii

boom D:
wew i wish i was good at spriting LOL

"Desperation"

DarkShade

January 20, 2012, 08:11:51 am #365 Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:43:01 pm by DarkShade
I cant wait till chapter 1 is done so i can try it out. Also i'll sprite for you guys but im only good at humans.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

Quote from: DarkShade on January 20, 2012, 08:11:51 am
I cant wait till chapter 1 is done so i can try it out. Also i'll sprite for you guys but im only good at humans.

I can't wait til its out either :P

But in all seriousness, i finally made a list of what is left to do event wise, since we had a few changed to
chapter 1 and you will be pleased to know that as I've said before we are still ahead of schedule  :mrgreen:

RavenOfRazgriz

If I stop being lazy, Elric clears his list quick enough, and we get the Sprites and such done in a reasonable time frame, we'll probably be ready to release before the end of January, I bet.

No promises, though. 

Also, nearly every preview event currently in the OP is officially a piece of shit that doesn't deserve to be seen by the standards I sort-of forced onto Elric.  Take that as you will, guys.

/hypehypehype.

Pride

Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Pride on January 22, 2012, 05:43:18 pm
:more: event previews

Soon, my friend.  Very soon.  Elric has one more Event for the preview we want to release to redo, one to finish, and one to add more touchups to.  When he gets those done, we're releasing them as a preview video. 

3lric

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 22, 2012, 06:25:20 pm
Soon, my friend.  Very soon.  Elric has one more Event for the preview we want to release to redo, one to finish, and one to add more touchups to.  When he gets those done, we're releasing them as a preview video.  

Raven is correct. I just about finished the one I was working on this morning. And after I complete it (once  
I start again in a couple hours) I will be going back and finishing the last few events for the preview.   :mrgreen:

3lric

Today:
- Awaiting suggestions from Raven on a few revamps
- Starting on 3 new Events to give myself a break from fixing up old ones, since I can get a brand
  new one done much faster then dealing with the crappy way that i used to setup my old events  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

RavenOfRazgriz

Quote from: Elric42 on January 23, 2012, 10:38:28 am
Today:
- Awaiting suggestions from Raven on a few revamps

Gotta do everythin' around here, I tell ya...

So I'm still doing everything I can to procrastinate adding the last 6 Monster Skills to FFTPatcher.  Last night I added some more essential shit to the Resources.zip, implemented the best job to ever be implemented in FFT, went through all the statuses both adjusted their CTs and adding a lot more status interplay.  Knowing me, I'll do something else completely unrelated to finishing Monster Skills today, too.

3lric

January 23, 2012, 12:35:43 pm #374 Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 01:33:05 pm by Elric42
Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 23, 2012, 12:29:24 pm
Gotta do everythin' around here, I tell ya...

Pshh.. That's what happens what your adamant about everything being Perfect :P

Quote from: RavenOfRazgriz on January 23, 2012, 12:29:24 pm
implemented the best job to ever be implemented in FFT

Still laughing over this  :mrgreen:

FUNFACT: I realized last night that altho i constantly complain about Event Camera angles.
              I now have angles pretty much mastered. I own those bitches.   
              Now i just need to figure out all the wierd commands that come along with them

RavenOfRazgriz

Since I'm procrastinating monster skills more, it's weapon/gear time.

I just went through and cleared out some Weapon Types to help me flesh out the ones we felt were most important.  Mostly this lead to the death of Bags and such, so here's an amended Equipment Types list.  If anyone has any problem with the equipment types here or what was removed, now would be a good time to say something.  Else, I'm gonna begin distributing things and making items 'n shit.

[Hand Slots]
Dagger
Ninjato
Sword
Knight's Sword
Katana
Battle Axe
Staff
Hammer
Gun
Crossbow
Longbow
Book
Spear
Pole
Shield

[Head Slot]
Helmet
Hat

[Body Slot]
Armor
Clothes
Robe

[Accessory Slot]
Shoe
Bracer
Ring
Armlet
Cape

3lric

Finished 2 more events last night \o/

Goal for today is to finish 3 more "small" events and maybe even a fourth if i get a script for it  :mrgreen:

Joseph Strife

Great, i can almost see myself playing JoT5 Demo. :D
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

DarkShade

Keep up the work Elric can't wait for demo.
Sprites
  Check out my sprites
  here

3lric

Well, nothing new has been posted in a few days so I would just like to once again let people know that in the last couple days I have
finished 2 or 3 more events (can't remember what the last one I counted in my last update was) So once again we are all working very
hard to make chapter 1 as awesome as it can be for all of you.

Also, I don't consider this a spoiler since you have no way of telling which character is represented by which line or where in the story this will fall,
so for anyone interested I thought i would show part of my event making process, for any event (except extremely simple ones) I have one of these
pictures, I started making them a while back to help me keep track of where someone was moving and when during an event, tho I have taken out all
sidenotes that would tell you this since this isn't intended to give anything away :P