• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:35:55 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Chapter 2 Progress Log

Started by 3lric, August 20, 2013, 06:52:12 pm

3lric

Oh, I knew what he meant haha, but come on, it was funny. Lol
  • Modding version: PSX

KingUrameshi

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

Dido

Hello, remembering here that I do not speak English nor can I conjugate your language, (I use Google translator) to send messages!

I wanted to say that the JOT5 project is incredible and that I am looking forward to Ch. 2. Here in Brazil using the term "Fuck" is to say that you are above average is that the free translation hampers the context, the JOT5 project is Wonderful and I know it is hard work but, worth the wait.

A hug.

Dido

Quote from: Elric on January 22, 2017, 03:38:35 pm
Oh, I knew what he meant haha, but come on, it was funny. Lol

I imagine you laughing at my previous message. Rsrsrsrsrsr

Nyzer

Quote from: Dido on January 28, 2017, 01:19:19 pm
Hello, remembering here that I do not speak English nor can I conjugate your language, (I use Google translator) to send messages!

I wanted to say that the JOT5 project is incredible and that I am looking forward to Ch. 2. Here in Brazil using the term "Fuck" is to say that you are above average is that the free translation hampers the context, the JOT5 project is Wonderful and I know it is hard work but, worth the wait.

A hug.

Probably the closest comparable English phrase is "you're the shit". Just in case it ever comes up again for you :P

Hyraldelita

for a better understanding and less misurunderstanding i would teach him to use "you rock" XD

DanteS

Hello everyone, just passed by to say once again what an amazing mod... and how the things are going ? still lot of work need to be done ? need some help ? just ask ^^

Tempest

*peaks to see if there is an update*

Angel

It's been a bit slow going due to work schedules, but things should open up more soon. I can at least say that there's still daily progress, it's just a huge volume of to do list that's being tackled to keep the QA up, and fixes abound. The Jot5 team is a team of perfectionists, which is great for the end product (and I am in love with the product as it stands already), but it does mean slow and steady wins the race. None of us are proud of the release duration, but I know all of us will be very proud of the finished product. There's been a lot of blood, sweat, tears, heated debates, do's, redo's, fixes, changes, and additions since the original chapter 1 release, and an enormous amount of work put into not just the re-release, but chapter 2 as well.

As I've said before, though, once chapter 2 is released, chapters 3 and 4 should come much more quickly, since a fair bit of the work being done now is to make those releases fall neatly in line with the project as a whole.

If you're really looking for an update, I can just say: spoilers.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Tempest

Understood and i respect that. I wish more AAA Video game developers had this level of care and pride in their finished product. I fear it has become far too common for video games to be released half finished so deadlines and agreements are met.

Not that you need my say so but take as long as you need; we all know that it will only mean an even better end product.

Hyraldelita

The only reason i don't complain even if the waiting time is so long, is because i know how good the game will be!
there would be no meaning in taking this much time if the game wasn't worth it, and no, i'm not talking about players but about all the people who are working on the project XD

I mean why wasting so much time to release something that it's not just ART!
I honestly wish this wait would finish soon, but at the same time i know , that the more time it takes, the better it will be ... and at the end.. why the hurry?

if it come out today or in 2 more months, we will play the same exact hours on the re relase and chapter 2 lol.

This is off topic but.. i seriously wish we get more girls to add to our party... i mean 5 guys? ok they're all cool... but i mosly used girls in every games xD

Nyzer

Can't help that the video game protagonist world is so male-heavy. But hey, at least Alma is playable in Jot5! :P

Hyraldelita

:D Alma is still not part of the team you can choose when you want u_u
I mean usable char you can add to the party^^ not guest :D

But i'm sure even if we wont be able to use them in the party, we will at least be able to use them as guest..  doesn't make me really happy, but always better then nothing at all XD

Guru

Yeah, I hope we get a few female characters too, but hopefully we get more after ch1. Our party is pretty empty atm, and it's a good possibility that we will get at least a few more characters. At the very least we get agrias as a non guest eventually ( I believe this was confirmed by the crew? ). Alma is up in the air, not really sure what will happen when Alma's story collides with the 5, but who knows we may get her as a member too. Plus we run into at least 1 other female, when we get 2 guests for a bit, I can't seem to remember what happened with them. I'm also wondering about....
Zelda

SO there is still hope  ;)

I vote we push cloud off a cliff and bring in Tifa

3lric

You will get a few more characters in ch2, and so on with ch3 and 4, just like vanilla

RJ Cid

I'm positive you guys know which characters will be added to the party in Ch. 2, but as Ch. 3 & 4 will be released much later, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for who/what I'd like to see character-wise (I only mean to suggest, of course)...

-More characters from the 5s' respective universes would be nice, but seeing as how their are limited slots on the roster, it's not a bad idea to be a little picky :cool:. Even though we'd love to play as everyone from every video game ever made ever, I'm content just seeing the characters in game, not necessarily playing as all of them. (Otherwise, it might as well be called Super Smash Tactics!)

-Extra special characters from side-quests were always rewarding, so making us work for them in the later chapters is great incentive to explore and conquer more.

-Characters that were apart of the vanilla story who never made it to the roster would be cool, even if it's just a descendant of those characters. A young Balbanes comes to mind. The reason I suggest this is because it helps to add more depth to vanilla's story, just like the reconfigured Brave Story on the menu screen.

-I'm also for extra characters from other franchises who don't necessarily contribute to the story but are nice to have in the background of your party. Crono is the big one for me ;) Cosmic Samurai class baby!

Angel

Chapters 3 and 4 are already planned and have been for some time. The characters who join up are already decided on and set in stone. Lots of cameos have also been discussed and thrown in, and those are pretty well decided on, but you never know.

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

KingUrameshi

Heres a list of characters and/or games that I would like to see make cameo's, be enemies or even join the team. Most of these will probably be PS1 games or other strategy games.

Chrono, Frog & Magus (Janus) - Chrono Trigger
Lord Oddeye- Shining Force 2
Lenneth, Lezard, Lucian, Arngrim, Freya and Brahms - Valkyrie Profile
Rudy, Jack & Cecilia - Wild Arms
Ryu Hayabusa - Ninja Gaiden
Fox Hound - MGS
Mario, Luigi, Peach & Bowser - Mario Bros
Gods Ten Wise Men - Star Ocean: The Second Story
Megaman

Most of these are probably pretty ridiculous and or impossible but it's something to think about and have fun with. A great idea to replace the Deep Dungeon would to be have fights against other game characters in the Deep Dungeon.

Megaman could have a wide skill set and make for a really cool optional character endgame or post game. I would also lose my shit if I saw Oddeye pop up as a strong boss. Shining Force Represent!!

EDIT
Plus anyone from Suikoden, because... Suikoden.
You have allies... Friends that would risk their lives, and I am one of them.

3lric

Some of these, yes, most of these, no.

Thats all I will say, and no one else from the team will provide any more hint other than that.

Angel

That's more than even I'd say 8D