• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT (PSX version) shop glitch when 99 of everything?

Started by zalflag, February 20, 2017, 04:17:43 am

zalflag

Hello. I think i found a bug in Final Fantasy Tactics on playstation. My CD is the 'Black Label' edition, but i don't think there's any difference with the 'Greatest Hits' edition.

I'm the kind of person who like to get everything 100% complete when i play a game. So while playing FFT, i end up having lots of useless money. So i decided to spend all that money to get 99 of everything sold in the shops (including 99 of all weapons, armors, etc..). And that's exactly when the bug occur; after buying "too much" equipments, the game glitch as soon i return in a shop and click "Buy". I can access the "Fitting Room", or "Sell", but i can no longer access the "Buy", because the game bug.

Then, for testing purpose, i started a new game, edited my save to add lots of money with FFTastics, then, i purchased everything i could everytime there was a new shop. At the moment, i'm still at the beginning of the game; just when i need to go to Sweegy Woods, i bought everything from Gariland Magic City and from Igros Castle, and as a result, it's already impossible to enter the option "Buy" in the shop. I notice i can buy 99 of every items, but the glitch happens only if i also buy 99 of all the equipments.

This has been tested on ePSXe and pSX. I have no idea why this happens, but i was wondering if i'm the only one with this glitch, cause i never heard of anybody else with this problem. If this can be of any help, i give my save (ePSXe save file) here: www.mediafire.com/file/ron7epus3sdk72g/epsxe000.mcr with this save, you can try to enter in a shop, and select "Buy" to see if you get the same result :/

Thank you
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

That's not a bug. If you have 99 of everything the shop has to sell, they can't sell you anything. The inventory doesn't work in stacks, it works in hard set item lists, so once you get 99 of one item, you can no longer purchase more of that item, since you've reached the limit. That's why you can't use 'Buy' anymore.

The real bug is that you can still use Fitting Room. The game keeps track of on-hand values, which includes what you have equipped. If you have five Daggers equipped, you can only purchase up to 94. If you go over 94 (which should only be possible by cheating) major shop glitches occur.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

zalflag

I was unable to explain the problem. I know i can't have more than 99 items. I know that if 5 characters have a sword, i will only be able to buy 94 of that same sword. But the problem is, once i have a total of 99 of everything (which include the items my characters have and those unequipped for a total of 99), if i try to go in a store, and to select buy, i should be able to view all the items having already max 99 and to simply be unable to buy more (the same that happen with potions when you have 99 potions), but instead, the screen flash and the game freeze with weird graphics. That is happening without using any cheat other than adding lots of money. I didn't used any cheat to add items in my inventory.

I wish someone tried my save, or should i upload a video on Youtube?

Nyzer

Well, it's really only a problem in practice if it never goes away even after you sell, destroy, or consume your stuff.

Otherwise, it's a bug you won't find unless you're looking for it, that doesn't destroy your game or give you some kind of OP advantage.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown