• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 04:25:55 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Signature Contest

Started by Lijj, December 15, 2011, 06:06:13 pm

Lijj

Time to put your graphic design skills to the test in the first annual semi-formal signature graphic contest!
Any form of art is accepted be it a scanned painting, vector art or pixel art.
Any size is accepted as long as it isn't so big.

We can vote on them in a few weeks. Things to consider when voting ought to be technique:
Did the contestant simply find a cool pre-made font and type their name? Does it look smooth and high quality clean? Is it creative? Do the letters' shapes match?

I made an example to post for an idea of what ought to be considered when judging a signature. To make the technique more clear it might be nice to post a WIP of it:

Notice the anti-aliasing done by hand.. a point or two for technique.. But the letters K and A are kind of awkward so minus a point or two for matching shapes.

To muddle the awkwardness of the letters I put a gradient over the white:

(Using Kagebunji as a lab rat)

See now it looks less awkward but I wouldn't consider it winner
Well let's see if any of you come up with anything. I will certainly be working on one myself.
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

The signature can be anything; it doesn't have to be your name but ought to represent you in some way. Get creative!

The deadline will be January 4th and the vote count will be on the 8th of January. Each voter should pick three (first, second and third favorite) and I'll count the votes from there on the 8th.  I'll list them in order from most picked to least.
No voting for yourself!

EmmaNigma

I might actually participate in this one, for serious. But for now, I thought I'd share with everyone my actual signature. Or as close I can get it in Paint and the mouse touchpad. Bonus inclusion is my username.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

dinosaur

Amazing, I am excited!
(Just posting so I can be reminded) GJ

Lijj

Great! Glad you two are taking interest!

GeneralStrife

dinosaur

Here is my logo

FFMaster

I spent so long trying to make the FFT Arena logo and it still sucks. I don't know if I even want to try to write FFMaster in a fancy way...

I'll send a submission in if I can think of something before the deadline.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Kagebunji

I never tried such stuff, and I highly doubt I can do anything creative, I don't even know what program is best suited for this(Don't you dare suggesting Paint, I hate it...)

Happy to be your lab rat, Lijj :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Quote from: Kagebunji on December 16, 2011, 10:23:14 amI don't even know what program is best suited for this(Don't you dare suggesting Paint, I hate it...)

Photoshop or Graphics Gale
Quote from: FFMaster on December 16, 2011, 07:32:24 am
I'll send a submission in if I can think of something before the deadline.

If you keep it on the back burner until you hit the potential "Eureka" moment you just might come up with something brilliant.
Hope to see sigs from you guys.

I was really happy to see we already have one from Dino! /nice job, the sun rays are unique. And it it looks clean overall.

dinosaur

Quote from: Kagebunji on December 16, 2011, 10:23:14 am
I never tried such stuff, and I highly doubt I can do anything creative, I don't even know what program is best suited for this(Don't you dare suggesting Paint, I hate it...)

I used adobe illustrator.

...I might do a crazy one in photoshop, we will see >_>

Elric

December 16, 2011, 05:48:07 pm #11 Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 05:57:08 pm by Elric42
This is a awesome idea, Wish i know anything about graphics anything :P

Lijj

Quote from: FFMaster on December 16, 2011, 07:32:24 am
I spent so long trying to make the FFT Arena logo and it still sucks. I don't know if I even want to try to write FFMaster in a fancy way...

It wouldn't need to say your name; I think a revamped sig of your Arena signature would work just fine. I'd probably even vote for it (loving the lagomorphs gomchu gomchu).
I made one already and have another coming up but this one has more to do with the site. The next coming will be more fancy but will just be Lijj written in a fancy way :/:

Elric

Lijj

Thanks Elric!
I hope to see more sigs from others soon.

formerdeathcorps

Lijj did the calligraphy, though the words are my own.

The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

arne_friedrich

Elric