• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:07:04 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Someone needs to do major changes to FFT!!!!

Started by zaiahboy21, May 01, 2012, 06:46:51 pm

zaiahboy21

Everyone on here has major talent but isnt using it to their full potential, atleast i dont think so.
Someone should give all the classes NEW COOL moves, that makes sense instead of some of these other weird classes ppl are coming up with. New movesets and new animations for the moves are key to a more fun and entertaining game. Especially for the swordskills, someone should make new animations for those. I know ya have great and amazing ideas so let me know when ya come up with a new patch.

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Eternal

You're free to make your own patch if you don't like what others are doing here.

That aside, maybe you could give some actual, helpful feedback instead of just saying the jobs are boring or weird.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kokojo

I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

zaiahboy21

kokojo, you can shut your mouth loser

Im not downing anybody from here, everybody does an amazing job, this website is the best thing to happen to FFT. I would be more than happy to make suggestions. I could never do any of this myself, its not my field of work or hobby. I just cant find the right patch to fullfill what i want out of FFT. No reason to get butt hurt guys

Eternal

Let's not resort to invective here. What patches have you played through that you don't like the jobs?
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

zaiahboy21

I've played Call of Power, 1.3, and Celdia's. There all very good patches. I just wish i could take parts from all of them and make 1 game ya know?

Eternal

Well, CoP and CCP are meant to have totally new jobs. It's part of what they are.

If you want patches that keep the jobs mostly the same, there's LFT and Kind Of.

zaiahboy21

Yeah i like how they have different abilities for their jobs, and i dont mind different classes. It would just be cool if there jobs were similar to the regular ones, with new abilities. I like how 1.3 has new abilities for their jobs like "Chain lightning" and such but i think it would be even better if they had custom abilities for all jobs.

Eternal

May 01, 2012, 10:25:59 pm #10 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:40:28 pm by Eternal248
Try Parted Ways then. It has a vastly different item system, but jobs are new with a good deal of them being based off of jobs from the original FFT and other FF games.

zaiahboy21

Will do, i guess i just have this concept in my head. Somebody will make it eventually, someone on youtube was actually in the process of making a really cool looking patch but i guess he stopped it for some reason. I think it was called "Knightmare" is he part of FFH?

Eternal

May 01, 2012, 10:31:44 pm #12 Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 10:41:08 pm by Eternal248
Yeah, I've seen the video of his patch. He knows of us I think, but he hasn't posted on here or anything.

EDIT: I should clarify. The jobs in PW aren't from FFT, but a lot of them have a similar function and some skills from the original FFT. Sorry about the confusion.

zaiahboy21

Its cool, ill check it out. I appreciate the info

Taichii

May 02, 2012, 12:35:21 am #14 Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:47:15 am by Taichii
oh.. wait until bro elric's fft: jot5 and my fft:lom gets released (located on my signature) ;)
above all... i usually believe in the saying that.. if there is a will.. there is a way...
maybe you should try making one.. being lazy is hard yes.but if you visualize what you really want.. then put effort into making it real...
don't know what to do? read some helpful tips in the help, hacking , and spriting section :)
or you could ask all of the experienced people of the ffh community...
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

dinosaur

May 02, 2012, 12:37:28 am #15 Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 12:43:07 am by dinosaur
I have made some pretty animations :3 Click the link in my signature to see. (Even new sword skills animations have been done)

And feel free to actually LOOK AROUND the forums to see what you original posted has been done...

3lric

Quote from: zaiahboy21 on May 01, 2012, 06:46:51 pm
Everyone on here has major talent but isnt using it to their full potential, atleast i dont think so.

How do you know what our potential is? People like me came here knowing nothing about modding at all and then spent time learning it.
We aren't paid, and no one here knows everything.

New movesets and new animations for the moves are key to a more fun and entertaining game. Especially for the swordskills, someone should make new animations for those.

While I don't agree with people who say if you have an idea do it yourself, I equally dislike people who tell people what they NEED to make without
actually offering any kind of help, which you aren't, judging by your excuse of modding not being a hobby or what-not.

kokojo, you can shut your mouth loser

You are aware that Kokojo is one of the more likely people to make a patch with the things you are referring to right?
Since he is the only one to date to have a released patch that differs largely from Vanilla FFT, which has all new Jobs
(as do most mods) as well as new events and some new maps.  So to say he isn't doing things to his potential would also be
incorrect. Since this was all done in his free time.

I'm not "downing" you either. But I've seen topics like this before, people who assume that they can just came and say one
thing and have even one person change their outlook on how they are modding.  Fact is, many of us don't know HOW to do things like
make new ability graphics, don't have the time, or simply have no interest when their time could be better spent on other aspects
of modding such as Eventing, ASM hacking, or any of the many other things we do around here.

• Modding version: PSX

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

3lric

Why should this be moved to spam? It wasn't spam to begin with.
  • Modding version: PSX