• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:51:34 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Bonesy

Necroposting b/c I was wondering if there way any way to trick ePSXe/PCSX-R into using a separate set of savestates for KO PSX than regular FFT.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Elric

• Modding version: PSX

Bonesy

ah ok, thought it'd be something like that but wasn't sure lol

I imagine I can't just export it in CD Mage, rename it, and port it back in? HOORAY ME BEING BABY TIER AT THIS

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Elric

Was actually pretty sure there was some other editing involved...

There are programs that can change the ID for you though

Bonesy

I couldn't find anything but crap for PS1 -> PSP for whatever reason. Gotta go home soon though, so yeah.

Enoch

I'm nearing the end of a game using this mod. This was my first time trying any FFT mod, and it has generally been a positive experience. The mod was easy to utilize for someone with no technical knowledge, and gameplay has been fun.

I only noticed two things that seem like bugs:

The "high faith" message at the end of each battle for generic characters is bugged. Characters with faith too high (85 or more) all say one of the "low brave" messages: "I'm...I'm afraid. I'm afraid of dying!" They don't cycle through all the low brave messages either, only this one line is invariably repeated every time by every character whose faith is too high.

In Chapter 4, Ramza in his Squire class is able to equip every single type of armor and weapon in the game. If this is intended that's fine, but it seemed strange to me.

Also, I think it was a bad decision to change "Move MP Up" to the Dancer skillset. The mod really exagerrates the original game problem of nearly useless spellcasting to the extreme point of totally useless spellcasting, and this one point in particular seems to be the icing on that cake (namely, now male spellcasters are implausible as they cannot reliably maintain MP).  As I said, I'm nearing the end of chapter 4, and I've used the same five physical attack characters in the same setups in every battle, finding no reason to change anything. I've enjoyed playing the mod-- lack of fun certainly isn't the issue here. But by reducing spellcasting to total irrelevance, there is a noticeable lack of variety or game balance if that was one of the mod's major goals.

Apart from the first chapter when I was figuring out how the mod plays, I've only used five characters to play through the whole game:

Ramza: Squire with Item secondary
Rad: Monk with either Basic Skill or Item secondary
Lavian: Ninja with Steal secondary
Mustadio: Engineer with Item secondary
Agrias: Holy Knight with Talk secondary

Overall, I'd say the author did a good job on this mod because the result is fun to play and there are no technical problems, even though I don't agree with some of the game design choices the mod presents.

Eternal

Hey Enoch! Welcome to FFH, and thanks for playing KO! It's actually very interesting that you posted when you did, since I've been working over the course of the past few weeks on a much-needed update. I'm glad you found it enjoyable! I'll address your concerns, since I have a few of my own with what you've mentioned.

In regards to the high Faith and Chapter IV Ramza points, did you patch a clean, unmodded ISO? These aren't changes that were made with the mod and shouldn't be happening. I double checked the Patcher, and have confirmed that Ramza shouldn't be able to equip everything. My concern is that this may be being caused by patching KO on top of other mods, causing these issues.

In regards to spellcasting, the update I'm working on makes magic more useful, but I would argue magic is already pretty good. Black Magic decimates everything early game, Summons are safe, Time Magic statuses turn the tide of battle, etc. The update I'm working on buffs Summons and Time Magic while giving more MP to certain jobs. As far as Move-MP Up and MP Switch are concerned, I'm also working on a way to move those off of Bard/Dancer and return them to normal. There's a hack that causes damage to overflow from MP, which I want to use, but I want to ensure it's safe to use first.

• Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Enoch

Thanks for the mod. I'm wrapping up the Deep Dungeon right now, and will go into the final battles soon. Overall I enjoyed a lot of your customizations, such as the class changes and the different item functionality. Having enemies match the player's level in story battles and only having to do random encounters when desired were also wonderful improvements-- the latter was one of the things that usually makes me get bored and lose interest when playing the standard/original game.

My technical knowledge is zero, but as far as I know I used a clean iso when applying your mod. I just copied the iso I've been using for many years of the regular game, but I don't know the version or anything (nor how to check the version). My emulator is psx 1.13.

I looked just now, and it's just all armors and helmets Ramza Squire can equip, rather than all items. For weapons he is properly limited to swords, flails, daggers, and shields, and in accessories he can't use women's items (as it should be), so sorry for misreporting on that aspect.

On the high faith comments using low brave quotes, other than as you mentioned maybe my iso isn't standard (I've had it so long I don't remember anymore where it came from), the only unusual thing I did was that I wasn't satisfied with some of the original recruits (the ones that come along with Ramza from the military academy at the start of the game), so I gamesharked them to have Brave and Faith that I wanted in Chapter 1.

On the game balance, I think I could have used spellcasters or other characters successfully, but the difficulty would have been much greater and the battles would have taken much longer. The physical attack team I've been using (described earlier) are true behemoths, almost always cutting down all enemies in a five turns or less. So perhaps it's these physical characters who are too strong rather than mages being too weak, that's certainly possible. I'd say throughout the whole game so far only one battle gave me serious difficulty-- at Nevelska against Worker 7. I had to reset that one a number of times to win while also getting the shield and javelin buried items.

Keep up the good work. I'll definitely keep an eye out for updates, as I'd much prefer playing your mod to the regular version of the game.

Bonesy

oh yeah if anyone cares what i ended up doing for that stuff in March was going into the ISO with HXD I believe (any hex editor will do, though), and just searching for the region code and replacing it i believe twice or so.

looking forward to new KO in any case.

Eternal

October 09, 2016, 01:38:58 pm #130 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:30:00 pm by Eternal
So, here's a preview of what the next update will have. The focus of this next update will be making monsters and Ramza more useful, fixing oversights, adding a bunch of quality of life changes, and restoring some thing that weren't in the original Vanilla FFT. To that end, it diverges slightly from KO's original intentions of keeping everything the same as Vanilla, which is why I'll be leaving the older updates up. That said, I think these changes will make the game more enjoyable to both new fans of the game and long-time vets. I'm hoping to release the patch once I'm done testing. I'm currently at Adrammelech, so that should be fairly soon.

-QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES-

-Pressing L2 + Square will increase the game's speed drastically. This can be disabled by pressing R2 + Square.

-Holding the X button allows you to fly through dialogue.

-By selecting Defend, you are now taken to a skillset to select Defend instead of it happening automatically- no more unintended Defends!

-Sound Test is enabled, has translated track names, and can be accessed by selecting PolkaPolka as Ramza's name from the start. No notes are added just yet, but they will be in future updates.

-You no longer need Secret Hunt to enter the Fur Shop.

-Only the player can find items via Move-Find Item.

-In battles with two units, it is no longer required to have units in the second squad. Useful for True Solo Challenges!

-Previously unused music has been sprinkled throughout the game, ensuring that every track is used. Don't worry- fan favorites such as Battle on the Bridge at Zirekile, Antidote at Goland, and others have been untouched!

-BUG FIXES-

-There have been some minor text corrections.

-Gafgarion no longer has Meatbone Slash set as a Support at Golgorand.

-Mustadio now correctly joins at Party Level.

-Zalmo I now correctly battles you at Party Level.

-The JP Scroll Bug has been fixed. (How did this one elude the first several updates?)

-STATUS CHANGES-

-Regen now persists past death, making it a great status to use if you think an ally will die. Cast it beforehand, and if they die, they become easier to heal back from low HP after revival.

-Poison now persists past death. If you're facing sandbaggy enemies, casting Poison is a great way to whittle down their HP and prevent them from sandbagging after revival quite as easily. That said, it's a common ailment, so you'd better be ready for it to be landed on you as well!

-Frog no longer persists past death.

-Silence no longer persists past death.

-Blind no longer persists past death.

-Oil no longer persists past death.

-JOB CHANGES-

-Algus can now use Shields.

-Undead Archers now have 4 Jump.

-Many playable jobs have had slight modifications to their stats. For example, Archers now have slightly more MP. These changes are more-or-less small, but are there nonetheless.

-ABILITY CHANGES-

-Esuna 2 now has an AoE of 2.

-Blind is more accurate.

-Wall's MP cost has been reduced to 10 and is now more accurate.

-Moogle now restores more HP.

-Moogle MP cost down to 12.

-Shiva/Ramuh/Ifrit/Titan now deal increased damage.

-Shiva/Ramuh/Ifrit/Titan MP cost down to 18.

-Carbunkle MP cost down to 20.

-Bahamut now deals increased damage.

-Bahamut's JP cost is up to 900.

-Bahamut's CT is up to 10.

-Odin MP cost down to 45.

-Odin no longer deals damage, instead inflicts Death in a large AoE.

-Odin's JP cost is down to 750.

-Leviathan now deals increased damage.

-Leviathan AoE down to 2.

-Salamander now deals increased damage.

-Silf now deals increased damage.

-Lich MP cost down to 30.

-Lich CT down to 7.

-Cyclops MP cost down to 12.

-Cyclops now deals reduced damage.

-Cyclops JP cost down to 100.

-Cyclops CT down to 5.

-Caution JP cost down to 100.

-Zodiac has had its damage greatly boosted from prior versions.

-Accumulate's MP cost has been increased to 14.

-Scream now bestows the user with Reraise.

-Dispel Magic/Dispel 2/Dispel (Beowulf)/Odd Soundwave no longer deals damage, are now more accurate and are faster where applicable. This change was reverted, since many enemies were immune to it before due to the formula used (notably bosses), and in turn made Dispel useless in boss fights where it mattered most. Level Blast remains unchanged.

-Haste/Slow now cost 10 MP, rather than 15.

-Haste 2/Slow 2 now cost 35 MP, rather than 45.

-Stop now costs 15 MP, rather than 30.

-Don't Move's AoE is back up to 2, vertical of 1.

-Don't Move's MP cost is back down to 10.

-Float's MP cost is down to 5.

-Demi MP cost is down to 10.

-Demi 2 MP cost is down to 30.

-Praise/Preach/Solution/Threaten now affect Brave/Faith by 10, rather than 15.

-Paralyze AoE is back up to 1.

-Demi 2's accuracy has been slightly increased.

-Wave Around now deals full damage around the user, but is Evadeable.

-Grease Touch now inflicts Oil and Don't Move.

-Shine Lover now cancels Charging and Performing.

-Lifebreak is now instant.

-Thunder Breath now deals MA*4 damage (rather than what it was prior, MA*3) to match the other Breath attacks.

-Gather Power now boosts PA by 1, rather than 2.

-Midgar Zolom CT down to 7.

-Parasite can now once again inflict Oil, Blind, Silence, and Poison in addition to Stop, Don't Move, and Don't Act.

-Ulmaguest, Hurricane, and Gigaflare are now affected by Silence.

-Darkness (Skeleton Monster Skill) now also inflicts Undead alongside Blind and Innocent.

-Beak gets renamed to Stone Beak to prevent confusion between Beak and Beaking.

-Distribute is switched from Calculators to Priests.

-Praise/Threaten/Preach/Solution JP cost down to 200.

-Phoenix Down JP cost down to 0.

-Equip Knife has been properly renamed Equip Katana.

-Equip Sword/Katana/Spear/Crossbow/Gun/Axe now only cost 100 JP.

-Reraise/Regen/Protect/Protect 2/Shell/Shell 2/Wall/Esuna/Frog/Haste/Haste 2/Slow/Slow 2/Stop range up to 4.

-Dispose's Range is now properly reduced to 4.

-Bizen Boat now deals increased MP damage.

-Kiyomori now bestows either Protect or Shell around the user as previously.

-Chirjiraden now deals increased damage.

-MP Switch is now on Dancers and Move-MP Up is now on Bards.

-Only one Bio spell, now inflicts Poison, CT down to 2, AoE up to 2.

-Only one Bio 2 spell, now deals damage and inflicts Slow, MP cost down to 16, CT down to 4, AoE up to 2.

-Only one Bio 3 spell, now inflicts Undead, MP cost down to 24.

-Drain is now back in Beowulf's skillset, acts similarly to Night Sword but cannot be evaded.

-Cheer Song/Slow Dance now have 25% accuracy.

-Nameless Song can no longer bestow Haste, can now bestow Float instead.

-Nameless Dance can no longer inflict Confuse/Slow, can now inflict Oil/Innocent in addition to the rest of its statuses.

-Nameless Dance accuracy back down to 50%.

-RAMZA CHANGES-

-Guts abilities now "evolve" as Ramza's job does. In Chapter I, Ramza has access to all of his Guts skills (except Ultima, of course), and these skills get stronger as the game progresses, making Guts a viable skillset throughout the game.

-Chapter II Ramza can once again use Helmets, Armor, and Shields.

-Chapter IV Ramza can now use every item in the game, making him the jack-of-all-trades he was originally intended to be.

-Accumulate in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Accumulate in Chapter 2 has its range boosted to 4, allowing Ramza to boost the PA of his allies.

-Accumulate in Chapter 4 drops the MP cost to 0, allowing Ramza to boost his allies' PA freely.

-Dash in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Dash in Chapter 2 has its power boosted.

-Dash in Chapter 4 has its power boosted even further.

-Throw Stone in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Throw Stone in Chapter 2 has its power boosted.

-Throw Stone in Chapter 4 has its power boosted even further and now has a range of 5.

-Heal in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Heal in Chapter 2 now cures all debuffs.

-Heal in Chapter 4 now cures all debuffs and revives fallen allies- if a debuff is cured or an ally is revived, they heal 20% HP.

-Yell in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Yell in Chapter 2 now has perfect accuracy.

-Yell in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 5.

-Wish in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Wish in Chapter 2 has its range boosted to 5.

-Wish in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 7.

-Cheer Up in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.

-Cheer Up in Chapter 2 now has perfect accuracy.

-Cheer Up in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 5.

-Scream in Chapter 1 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 5.

-Scream in Chapter 2 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 10.

-Scream in Chapter 4 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 15.

-Ultima can now be acquired by Celia/Lede in Chapter III's finale, allowing Ramza to be able to use it from the start of Chapter IV.

-DEEP DUNGEON CHANGES-

-All Move-Find Items in Deep Dungeon have been changed to Elixirs. That's 40 Elixirs for the taking!

-There are 56 items in the game that cannot be purchased at the shop. Each of these items can now either be won or stolen in Deep Dungeon. Bring someone with Steal!

-Previously, Deep Dungeon fights were really boring without much variety. This was of my own doing, so I changed it and made each DD fight a lot more interesting. The new fights are as follows:

NOGIAS:
-Death Corps Bastards (Wiegraf, Miluda, Thieves, and Squires) (Steal: Defender from Wiegraf) (Steal: Holy Lance from Miluda)
-King of Chocobos (Boco and Chocobos) (Victory: Elixir)
-Zone Eater's Belly (Mimes) (Victory: Vanish Mantle)
-Tentacled (Mindflayers and Malboros) (Victory: Cachusha)

TERMINATE:
-The Executioner (Gafgarion, Undead Time Mages, Undead Knights, Undead Archers) (Steal: Blood Sword from Gafgarion) (Steal: Yoichi Bow from an Undead Archer)
-Stampede (Behemoths, Dragons, and Treants) (Victory: Ryozan Silk)
-Showdown at the FFT Corral (Chemists and Mediators) (Steal: Stone Gun from a Mediator)
-Parivirs of the East (Samurai and Monks) (Steal: Chirijiraden from a Samurai)

DELTA:
-Nightmare (Algus and Archers) (Steal: Perseus Bow from Algus)
-Delta Delita (Squire Delita, Holy Knight Delita, King Delita) (Steal: Nagrarok from Squire Delita) (Steal: Grand Helm from Holy Knight Delita) (Steal: Kaiser Plate from King Delita)
-The Impure (Queklain) (Victory: Scorpion Tail)
-Eye Scream (Ahrimans) (Victory: Cherche)

VALKYRIES:
-Black Widows (Celia, Lede, and Ninja) (Steal: Sasuke Blade and Rubber Costume from Celia) (Steal: Iga Knife and Koga Knife from Lede)
-Royalguard (Agrias, Ovelia, and Knights) (Steal: Save the Queen from Agrias) (Steal: FS Bag from Ovelia)
-Queen of Dragons (Dragon Reis, Dragons) (Victory: Dragon Rod)
-The Reed Flute Fights Back (Treants) (Victory: Setiemson)

MLAPAN:
-Heaven and Hell (Rafa, Malak, Calculators) (Steal: Mace of Zeus from Rafa) (Steal: Whale Whisker from Malak)
-The Gigas (Velius) (Victory: Blaze Gun)
-The Death Seraph (Zalera) (Victory: Zorlin Shape)
-The Great Library (Bybloses) (Vitory: Healing Staff)

TIGER:
-Bloodlords (Elmdor, Vampires) (Steal: Masamune, Genji Shield, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, and Genji Gauntlet from Elmdor)
-Demons of the Night (Apandas, Archaic Demons, Ultima Demons) (Victory: Secret Clothes)
-Star-Crossed (Olan, Balmafula, Time Mages) (Steal: Madlemgen from Olan)
-Performance that Lasts a Lifetime (Bards, Dancers, Mimes) (Steal: Fairy Harp from a Bard)

BRIDGE:
-Relics of the Past (Mustadio, Balk, Iron Giants) (Victory: Glacier Gun)
-Faram (Alma, Zalmo, Priests) (Steal: Ribbon from Alma) (Steal: Faith Rod from Zalmo)
-Thunder God (Orlandu, Wizards, Summoners) (Steal: Excalibur from Orlandu)
-Betrothed (Human Reis, Beowulf, Oracles) (Steal: Barette from Human Reis)

VOYAGE:
-The Brothers Beoulve (Zalbag, Dycedarg, Geomancers) (Steal: Venetian Shield from Zalbag) (Steal: Maximilian from Dycedarg)
-The Tengilles Two (Meliadoul, Izlude, Lancers) (Steal: Chantage from Meliadoul) (Steal: Dragon Whisker from Izlude)
-The Wroth (Adramelk) (Victory: Blast Gun)
-The Bringer of Order (Hashmalum) (Victory: Salty Rage)

HORROR:
-Cloudwyrms (Cloud and Hydras) (Steal: Materia Blade from Cloud)
-Undead Horrors (Skeletons and Ghosts) (Victory: Cursed Ring)
-The Arch Seraph (Altima 1) (Victory: Sage Staff)
-The Fallen Seraph (Altima 2) (Victory: Robe of Lords)

END:
-Bequeathing Bacon (Pigs) (Victory: Chaos Blade)
-The Zodiac Age I (Velius, Elidibs, Hashmalum, Altima 1) (Victory: Javelin II)
-The Zodiac Age II (Adramelk, Zalera, Queklain, Altima II) (Victory: Escutcheon II)
-The Three Templars (Vormav, Rofel, and Kletian) (Steal: Ragnarok from Vormav)

-MONSTER CHANGES-

-All playable monsters have lost Innate: Gained EXP Up.

CHOCOBOS:
-Their Monster Skill, Chicken Race, now inflicts Don't Move and Don't Act, but no longer Haste.

-Yellow Chocobos have the most HP of all the Chocobos, and as such act as durable healers and tanks, and are the only source of AoE revival in the game. Their Choco Esuna not only revives, but can cleanse every debuff as well as healing some HP if it clears a debuff. Further, mounting a Chocobo allows the rider to regenerate HP upon moving.

-Black Chocobos have the most Move and Evasion of the Chocobo family and allow their rider to fly over obstacles. They act as mixed units, able to revive/cleanse debuffs with Choco Esuna and attack from afar with Choco Ball, but lack the HP and straight HP healing of the Yellow Chocobo.

-Red Chocobos have the highest offensive stats of the Chocobo family, allowing them to deal heavy PA and MA based damage to units from afar, and allow their rider to ignore elevation differences and (for the one map it matters) allows their rider to move on top of lava. Despite their offense, Red Chocobos have no means to heal or revive, however.

GOBLINS:
-Goblins lose Armor Break and gain Steal Armor.

-Goblins have the highest Speed of their class, being able to easily land Steal Armor and quickly run around the field landing Eye Gouges to Blind and Don't Act enemies.

-Black Goblins lose Weapon Break and gain Steal Weapon.

-Black Goblins have the highest PA of their class and specialize in doing damage with Tackle and Turn Punch, but can also steal an enemy's weapon to ensure their own survival and are best suited to using their Monster Skill, Mutilate with their high PA.

-Gobbledegucks have the highest HP of their class to best utilize Goblin Punch and are one of only two monsters with Monster Skill innate, allowing them to synergize well with other monsters.

BOMBS:
-Bombs (the entire family) lose Cannot Enter Water (which was a waste of an ability slot, since they have Innate: Float)

-Small Bomb (their Monster Skill) now heals the Bomb's HP by MA*3 with a chance to bestow Reraise, and is Fire Elemental, meaning it can be boosted by Oiling the user.

-Bombs have the highest HP and PA of the family, allowing them to deal massive damage with both Bite and Self-Destruct, and having high HP increases the HP threshold needed to trigger Critical Quick, making them great Self-Destructors.

-Grenades have the highest MA of the family and specialize in attacking from afar, allowing them to deal high damage with Flame Attack and have high accuracy with Unction, which inflicts Oil. Combining the two allows Grenades to deal tremendous damage to single targets. Grenades can also cast Unction immediately without a CT, unlike Human Oracles.

-Explosives have the highest Move and Speed of the family, allowing them to quickly get in the middle of enemy groups and unleash Spark while keeping themselves alive at the same time.

COEURLS:
-Red Panthers have the highest Move of the group, allowing them to position themselves advantageously and are very effective with Chakra, acting as effective early game healers and MP batteries.

-Cuars have the highest Evasion and Speed of the group, allowing them to get close to the enemy and attack with little fear from attacks, but they can also act as pinch revival specialists with their high Speed and Revive, making them deadly and annoying enemies all the same.

-Vampires have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to easily land Undead with Blood Suck and Petrify/Stop with Blaster.

MINDFLAYERS:
-Mindflayers (the family) lose Counter Magic and gain Counter Flood as their Reaction.

-Pisco Demons have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to deal heavy single-target damage and Slow with Aqua Soul as well as easily land their (now instant) Confusion Songs. They are also the second of only two monsters with Innate: Monster Skill, making them great for teams full of monsters, but unlike Gobbledegucks, are more about staying away from the front lines.

-Squidlarkins are the opposite of Pisco Demons, specializing in having the highest HP and PA of the group, acting as a warrior of the Mindflayer family. Squidlarkins specialize in dealing damage from afar and inflicting Blind with their (weak) Black Ink attack, softening enemies up for when they get close enough to Tentacle them to death- all while having a chance to inflict Confuse with Tentacle. Should enemies be severely buffed by the time the Squidlarkin draws near, it can remove all buffs in a wide area around itself.

-Mindflares are the fastest of the group, allowing them to quickly fire off Mind Blasts and Black Ink, with Berserk and Blind being a deadly combo.

SKELETONS:
-Skeletons are the tankiest of the family, having the highest HP and PA to take advantage of Knife Hand (which drains HP). As they draw close to the enemy, they can use Thunder Soul to deal damage and possibly inflict Don't Act on the enemy, leaving them all the more vulnerable, or they can opt to stay back and use Zombie (which would make their Knife Hand useless, however) and Thunder Soul to act as a tanky mage.

-Bone Snatches have the highest Speed of the family, allowing them to quickly fire off Death spells to heal themselves (or Undead allies) or to just flat out fry enemies. They can opt to also use Aqua Soul from afar to damage and Slow an enemy, as well, which may in some cases be optimal compared to Death.

-Living Bones have the highest MA of the group, dealing heavy single-target damage with a chance of Silence (via Wind Soul) or Stop (Ice Soul), and are more or less the mages of the family, but can still be very tanky via Knife Hand and, as with all Undead, can never truly be slain.

GHOSTS:
-Ghosts lose MP Switch and gain Damage Split as their Reaction.

-Ghouls have Teleport 2 and the highest Evasion of their family, specializing in lobbing (now instant for them) Poison spells at large groups of enemies while deftly dodging attacks. As such, Ghouls make for a wonderful distraction and evade tank, but lack the HP to take too many direct blows. However, they do have Sleep Touch (with a range of 2), which inflicts Sleep and Death Sentence on the enemy, allowing them to cripple the enemy before the rest of the team comes close.

-Gusts are the tankiest of the group and can use Demi (instantly) to heal themselves while damaging enemies. They have the highest HP, making Demi all the more effective on themselves, and can inflict Oil and Don't Move on a target with Grease Touch.

-Revnants have the highest Speed of the family, specializing in quickly slinging (instant) Stop spells into groups of enemies to halt their attacks while draining MP with Drain Touch from enemy mages.

AHRIMANS:
-Ahrimans lose Circle and gain Mute as their Monster Skill.

-Ahrimans lose Damage Split and gain Counter Magic as their Reaction.

-Flotiballs have the highest HP of the group to take advantage of Lifebreak and can dispel all buffs from enemies by using (instantly) Dispel Magic, allowing them to act as a physical fighter that has the mobility to back off and Lifebreak when the going gets rough.

-Ahrimans have the highest MA of the group, allowing it to easily fry anything stupid enough to lob spells at it with Counter Magic, and it can utilize its high MA to easily debuff enemies with Look of Fright and Look of Devil. Counter Magic and Look of Fright in particular make it great to use against Lucavi, which use magic and are susceptible to having their Brave lowered.

-Plagues gain Magic Defense Up, allowing them to more easily tank and counter magical strikes.

-Plagues lose Look of Devil, gain Circle.

-Plagues have the most Move and Speed of the group, allowing it to quickly inflict Death Sentence on the enemy's party, and is also of great use in Lucavi fights where they can use Circle to lower the enemy's MA.

COCKATRICES:
-Cockatrices lose Beaking and gain Quick as their Monster Skill.

-Every monster in the Cockatrice family can cast their spells instantly.

-Juravises have the highest HP and Evasion of the group, specializing in casting Slow on enemies until it gets close, and then using Scratch Up and Eye Gouge to cripple enemy forces as they get close.

-Steel Hawks lose Scratch Up, gain Feather Bomb.

-Steel Hawks have the highest Speed of the group and focus on staying far away from the enemy and playing support while being as fast and annoying as possible, being able to instantly cast Haste and cancel enemy spells with Shine Lover. To attack, they use Feather Bomb which allows them to stay out of the fray while still dealing damage.

-Cockatorises lose Feather Bomb, gain Beaking.

-Cockatorises have the highest MA of the group, making Beaking, Stone Beak, and Quick easily land on their targets, which can easily change the tide of the fight. Like Ahrimans, Cockatorises are great in boss fights, but unlike them, Cockatorises are better against human enemies, which tend to use PA more than MA.

PIGS:
-Uribos have the highest Speed of the family and focus on quickly debuffing enemies with Paralyze and Nose Breath (Don't Act and Charm respectively), while dealing heavy physical damage and Charm with Straight Dash.

-Porkys have the highest HP and Evasion of the family, acting as the physical attacker of the bunch and focuses on inflicting Frog and Poison to cripple enemy forces as the Porky draws close enough to deal heavy Straight Dash damage.

-Wildbows are the most varied of the bunch, having the ability to go on the offense or defense with ease. They have the highest Move/Jump of the group and can deal heavy physical damage with Straight Dash, fully revive an ally with Oink, or Charm an enemy with Nose Breath.

TREANTS:
-Woodmen have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to deal the most damage with Leaf Dance and can land Silence Song (and Raise2 with Monster Skill!) instantly and accurately while being the best MP battery in the game with Magic Spirit.

-Trents have the highest Speed of the family and can revive units from afar as well as heal allies. Though they lack Non-Charge Raise2, they can Raise without needing a Monster Skill unit, and is one of the best healers in the game, but can't cleanse debuffs.

-Taiju have the highest HP and Move of the family, allowing it to get close to the enemy and bomb them with Leaf Dance, using Protect/Calm Spirit on allies as everyone gets close to the enemy.

MINOTAURS:
-Bull Demons act as one of the game's best tanks, having the highest HP of the group while being able to inflict Berserk to get enemies to come close and only use regular attacks. Bull Demons aren't particularly mobile, but can use Wave Fist to make up the difference until it gets close to the enemy (or if the enemy is far away and can't be Berserked).

-Minotaurs have the highest PA of the group and specialize in AoE damage, being able to use Earth Slash to attack from a distance and Wave Around to strike around the user. The Minotaur can also use Blow Fire on enemies that are immune to Earth or are resistant to physical strikes. Earth Slash can also be used to heal fellow Minotaurs.

-Sacreds have the highest Move of the group and also act as a tank, specializing in Immobilizing nearby enemies with Mimic Titan so that they can't move away from the Sacred. It can also temporarily make itself more vulnerable and use Gather Power to boost its own PA so that it can more easily crush enemies that it catches in its net with Mimic Titan.

MALBOROS:
-Malboros lose Counter Flood and gain Regenerator as their Reaction.

-Morbols have the highest HP and PA of the group, acting as a hardy warrior that can get close to enemies, debuff them, and deal heavy damage with Malboro Tentacle while further reducing their HP with the Poison effect of Malboro Tentacle.

-Ochus are the tankiest of the Malboro family, being able to regenerate HP while moving in addition to Regenerator. They can also inflict Frog and Don't Move to trap enemies in disadvantageous positions while crippling their defenses.

-Great Morbols have the highest MA of the group and as such, can easily land Bad Breaths while dealing damage (and Poison) from afar with Bio. They act as ranged units, staying back and then unleashing all sorts of hell when the weakened enemy gets close.

BEHEMOTHS:
-Behemoths are mixed attackers, being able to use Bolt 2 to attack the enemy from afar, or it can use Gather Power and Stab Up to viciously destroy the enemy as it gets close. How you choose to play the Behemoth is up to you, though they do have the highest PA of the group.

-King Behemoths are all about tearing through the enemy's defenses, and they have the highest Move and HP of the group. They can use Sudden Cry to deal damage with a chance of removing all of the enemy's buffs, and it can also use Weapon Break and Armor Break to leave the enemy defenseless. If the enemy is already broken and doesn't have a Weapon or Armor, the Breaks can be used to deal more damage than Sudden Cry.

-Dark Behemoths are the mages of the group, having the highest MA of the group and synergize well with Undead monsters, being able to use Demi to heal itself and its allies, and can cast Don't Move to lock enemies in place as its allies attack from afar.

DRAGONS:
-Dragons (tier 1) now absorb Thunder and are weak to Water.

-Dragons (tier 1) have the highest MA of the family, being able to easily land Threatens from afar and highly damaging Thunder Breaths when the enemy gets close.

-Blue Dragons have the highest HP and Speed of the family and are able to cure other Dragons' HP and statuses, making them synergize well with Dragon and Hydra themed teams. When not paired with other Dragons, Blue Dragons are still the fastest of the group and are able to quickly get to enemies and blast them with AoE Ice Breath. Having the highest HP and Speed also synergize well with its Reaction, Dragon Spirit.

-Red Dragons have the highest Move and PA of the family and specialize in AoE damage with Tail Swing and Fire Breath. As it gets close enough to use those skills, it can use Dragon PowerUp to buff itself and other Dragon/Hydra allies.

HYDRAS:
-Hyudras are mixed attackers and have the highest HP of the group, being able to switch between Triple Attack for Petrify in melee range and Dark Whisper from afar for heavy damage and Sleep, or being able to kill bosses easily with Triple Thunder.

-Hydras specialize in melee combat and have the highest Move of the group, using Triple Attack and Triple Breath to take out entire groups of enemy combatants at once with sheer damage and Petrify.

-Tiamats have the highest MA of the group and are the mages of the bunch, using Triple Flame, Triple Thunder, and Triple Breath to take advantage of its high MA.

OTHER MONSTERS:

-Apandas are faster and have more MP.

-Apandas lose Counter Flood and gain Absorb Used MP.

-Archaic Demons are faster and have more MP.

-Archaic Demons lose Counter and gain Counter Flood.

-Ultima Demons are faster and have more MP.

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES:

-The starting units at Gariland now start with set 60 Brave and 60 Faith.

There will likely be more changes as I continue testing, but this is what's brewing right now. Miraculously, most of these changes were done on my laptop when my desktop was dead. Even though I couldn't mod A2 because of my desktop being dead, I wasn't going to just sit around doing nothing, haha. Thoughts and input welcome, as always!
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Timbo

I continue to be impressed with your creativity and your ability to reinvent the wheel. Bravo sir.

With Regards to the changes:

Ramza: I've done similar things with Ramza's skills in my personal patches but nothing this intricate or organized. Making him an onion knight as well is icing on a very tasty cake.

Monsters: Again, I've done something similar to this in the past. I've made sure that each monster family had a specific function with a minor variation between specific monsters. You've taken this idea to it's extreme and it's brilliant.

Deep Dungeon: Your changes to the deep dungeon are flavorful and fun. Bringing back the unique items without having to search around for them in the dark is much more fun.

I had planned to release a different vanilla patch with many of the same mechanical changes that included a new translation. Rather, than going back to the drawing board, I'm going to discontinue the mechanical changes altogether and solely focus on the translation. Personally, I believe KO is the definitive vanilla FFT experience. Great work.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Enoch

The update sounds like it has a lot of interesting changes that will be fun to explore.

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but one other thing I noticed when I was playing recently that seemed like a bug concerns enemies in the Deep Dungeon who were previously allied with the player. They're able to trigger exits for the player's team.

For example, on one of the first Deep Dungeon levels (maybe the first), Algus was among the enemies. While Algus was moving around, he landed on the trigger square and kindly opened up the next level for my people.

Timbo

Quote from: Enoch on October 14, 2016, 05:00:27 pm
The update sounds like it has a lot of interesting changes that will be fun to explore.

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but one other thing I noticed when I was playing recently that seemed like a bug concerns enemies in the Deep Dungeon who were previously allied with the player. They're able to trigger exits for the player's team.

For example, on one of the first Deep Dungeon levels (maybe the first), Algus was among the enemies. While Algus was moving around, he landed on the trigger square and kindly opened up the next level for my people.

I bet changing his Unit ID would fix the problem.
  • Discord username: Timbo

Emmy

I'm pretty sure it's linked to the Attack.out conditionals.  Here's an example of some code that determines exit on a floor:

2500000001000100000001006800000001006500000019005D00
2500000003000100000001006800010001006500000019005D00
2500000008000300000001006800020001006500000019005D00
2500000009000000000001006800030001006500000019005D00
2500000009000600000001006800040001006500000019005D00

Breaking down this code:

25000000 = Any unit can trigger the event upon stepping on a specific square.  I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have to be player controlled, because I managed to accidentally create a map that won itself by removing the requirement for Ramza to have to step on the switches, and an enemy stepping on it triggered the end of the map.

010001000000 = Coordinates of exit - in this example, (1,1) is an exit.

010068000000 = If Variable 0x68 = 0... Variable 0x68 is the Deep Dungeon random exit variable.  It is randomly selected.

010065000000 = If Variable 0x65 = 0... Variable 0x65 is the floor increment variable (if you found the exit already, you won't find it again on the same floor).

19005D00 = Play event 0x5d - "We found the exit!"

So what I think happened was a fluke.  There is nothing in this code referencing sprite ID, so your exit was probably found by the (extremely small) chance that an enemy found it for you.

Elric

I already told him how to find it on his own via IRC, since I knew it was this from the beginning. He will never learn this stuff if we do it for him :D

[18:31] <&Elric> sounds like you flagged him weird or something
[18:31] <Eternal> It's tied to an event.
[18:31] <&Elric> no
[18:31] <&Elric> it's tied to a condition
[18:31] <Eternal> And since you're the master of unloc- events, I figured I'd pick your brain.
[18:33] <&Elric> but yeah, thats not event related
[18:34] <&Elric> maybe you should read the attack.out condition?
[18:34] <&Elric> and see if it ever even specifies player team only

Emmy

To be fair, the guide on how to change the attack out conditionals specifies that 25000000 is "player controlled unit" (when I'm pretty sure it's any unit).

Eternal

October 23, 2016, 11:27:12 am #137 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 11:50:07 am by Eternal
It's finally out! Can you believe it'd been three years since the last update? Time flies! There have been lots of cool new things released since the last release, and this update is all about quality of life changes, buffing monsters so more people can enjoy Beastmaster runs, and fixing bugs as well as adding a modern polish to FFT while adding back in some of the unused content and keeping it feeling like FFT. There's a huge changelog, but I'd advise reading it all to get a feel for everything.

FFT KO 2.6 Changelog:

-QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES-

-Pressing L2 + Square will increase the game's speed drastically. This can be disabled by pressing R2 + Square.
-Holding the X button allows you to fly through dialogue.
-By selecting Defend, you are now taken to a skillset to select Defend instead of it happening automatically- no more unintended Defends!
-Sound Test is enabled, has translated track names, and can be accessed by selecting PolkaPolka as Ramza's name from the start. No notes are added just yet, but they will be in future updates.
-You no longer need Secret Hunt to enter the Fur Shop.
-Only the player can find items via Move-Find Item.
-In battles with two units, it is no longer required to have units in the second squad. Useful for True Solo Challenges!
-Previously unused music has been sprinkled throughout the game, ensuring that every track is used. Don't worry- fan favorites such as Battle on the Bridge at Zirekile, Antidote at Goland, and others have been untouched!

-BUG FIXES-

-There have been some minor text corrections.
-Gafgarion no longer has Meatbone Slash set as a Support at Golgorand.
-Mustadio now correctly joins at Party Level.
-JP Scroll Bug is fixed.

-STATUS CHANGES-

-Regen now persists past death.
-Poison now persists past death.
-Frog no longer persists past death.
-Silence no longer persists past death.
-Blind no longer persists past death.
-Oil no longer persists past death.

-JOB CHANGES-

-Algus can now use Shields.
-Undead Archers now have 4 Jump.
-Many jobs have had slight stat changes, mostly buffs.

-ABILITY CHANGES-

-Esuna 2 now has an AoE of 2.
-Blind is more accurate.
-Wall's MP cost has been reduced to 10 and is now more accurate.
-Moogle now restores more HP.
-Moogle MP cost down to 12.
-Shiva/Ramuh/Ifrit/Titan now deal increased damage.
-Shiva/Ramuh/Ifrit/Titan MP cost down to 18.
-Carbunkle MP cost down to 20.
-Bahamut now deals increased damage.
-Bahamut's JP cost is up to 900.
-Bahamut's CT is up to 10.
-Odin MP cost down to 45.
-Odin no longer deals damage, instead inflicts Death in a large AoE.
-Odin's JP cost is down to 750.
-Leviathan now deals increased damage.
-Leviathan AoE down to 2.
-Salamander now deals increased damage.
-Silf now deals increased damage.
-Lich MP cost down to 30.
-Lich CT down to 7.
-Cyclops MP cost down to 12.
-Cyclops now deals reduced damage.
-Cyclops JP cost down to 100.
-Cyclops CT down to 5.
-Caution JP cost down to 100.
-Zodiac has had its damage greatly boosted from prior versions.
-Accumulate's MP cost has been increased to 14.
-Scream now bestows the user with Reraise.
-Dispel Magic/Dispel 2/Dispel (Beowulf)/Odd Soundwave no longer deals damage, are now more accurate and are faster where applicable. This change was reverted, since many enemies were immune to it before due to the formula used (notably bosses), and in turn made Dispel useless in boss fights where it mattered most. Level Blast remains unchanged.
-Haste/Slow now cost 10 MP, rather than 15.
-Haste 2/Slow 2 now cost 35 MP, rather than 45.
-Stop now costs 15 MP, rather than 30.
-Don't Move's AoE is back up to 2, vertical of 1.
-Don't Move's MP cost is back down to 10.
-Float's MP cost is down to 5.
-Demi MP cost is down to 10.
-Demi 2 MP cost is down to 30.
-Praise/Preach/Solution/Threaten now affect Brave/Faith by 10, rather than 15.
-Paralyze AoE is back up to 1.
-Demi 2's accuracy has been slightly increased.
-Blood Suck (Vampire) now absorbs 10% HP from the target and inflicts Blood Suck.
-Wave Around now deals full damage around the user, but is Evadeable.
-Grease Touch now inflicts Oil and Don't Move.
-Shine Lover now cancels Charging and Performing.
-Lifebreak is now instant.
-Thunder Breath now deals MA*4 damage (rather than what it was prior, MA*3) to match the other Breath attacks.
-Gather Power now boosts PA by 1, rather than 2.
-Midgar Zolom CT down to 7.
-Parasite can now once again inflict Oil, Blind, Silence, and Poison in addition to Stop, Don't Move, and Don't Act.
-Ulmaguest, Hurricane, and Gigaflare are now affected by Silence.
-Darkness (Skeleton Monster Skill) now also inflicts Undead alongside Blind and Innocent.
-Beak gets renamed to Stone Beak to prevent confusion between Beak and Beaking.
-Distribute is switched from Calculators to Priests.
-Praise/Threaten/Preach/Solution JP cost down to 200.
-Phoenix Down JP cost down to 0.
-Equip Sword/Katana/Spear/Crossbow/Gun/Axe now only cost 100 JP.
-Reraise/Regen/Protect/Protect 2/Shell/Shell 2/Wall/Esuna/Frog/Haste/Haste 2/Slow/Slow 2/Stop range up to 4.
-Dispose's Range is now properly reduced to 4.
-Kiyomori now bestows either Protect or Shell around the user as previously.
-MP Switch is now on Dancers and Move-MP Up is now on Bards.
-Only one Bio spell, now inflicts Poison, CT down to 2, AoE up to 2.
-Only one Bio 2 spell, now deals damage and inflicts Slow, MP cost down to 16, CT down to 4, AoE up to 2.
-Only one Bio 3 spell, now inflicts Undead, MP cost down to 24.
-Drain is now back in Beowulf's skillset, acts similarly to Night Sword but cannot be evaded.

-RAMZA CHANGES-

-Guts abilities now "evolve" as Ramza's job does. In Chapter I, Ramza has access to all of his Guts skills (except Ultima, of course), and these skills get stronger as the game progresses, making Guts a viable skillset throughout the game.
-Accumulate in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Accumulate in Chapter 2 has its range boosted to 4, allowing Ramza to boost the PA of his allies.
-Accumulate in Chapter 4 drops the MP cost, allowing Ramza to boost his allies' PA freely.
-Dash in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Dash in Chapter 2 has its power boosted.
-Dash in Chapter 4 has its power boosted even further.
-Throw Stone in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Throw Stone in Chapter 2 has its power boosted.
-Throw Stone in Chapter 4 has its power boosted even further and now has a range of 5.
-Heal in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Heal in Chapter 2 now cures all debuffs.
-Heal in Chapter 4 now cures all debuffs and revives fallen allies- if a debuff is cured or an ally is revived, they heal 20% HP.
-Yell in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Yell in Chapter 2 now has perfect accuracy.
-Yell in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 5.
-Wish in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Wish in Chapter 2 has its range boosted to 5.
-Wish in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 7.
-Cheer Up in Chapter 1 is the same as it currently was.
-Cheer Up in Chapter 2 now has perfect accuracy.
-Cheer Up in Chapter 4 has its range boosted to 5.
-Scream in Chapter 1 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 5.
-Scream in Chapter 2 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 10.
-Scream in Chapter 4 now boosts Ramza's Brave by 15.
-Ultima can now be acquired by Celia/Lede in Chapter III's finale, allowing Ramza to be able to use it from the start of Chapter IV.

-DEEP DUNGEON CHANGES-

-All Move-Find Items in Deep Dungeon have been changed to Elixirs. That's 40 Elixirs for the taking!
-There are 56 items in the game that cannot be purchased at the shop. Each of these items can now either be won or stolen in Deep Dungeon. Bring someone with Steal!
-Previously, Deep Dungeon fights were really boring without much variety. This was of my own doing, so I changed it and made each DD fight a lot more interesting. The new fights are as follows:

NOGIAS:
-Death Corps Bastards (Wiegraf, Miluda, Thieves, and Squires) (Steal: Defender from Wiegraf) (Steal: Holy Lance from Miluda)
-King of Chocobos (Boco and Chocobos) (Victory: Elixir)
-Zone Eater's Belly (Mimes) (Victory: Vanish Mantle)
-Tentacled (Mindflayers and Malboros) (Victory: Cachusha)

TERMINATE:
-The Executioner (Gafgarion, Undead Time Mages, Undead Knights, Undead Archers) (Steal: Blood Sword from Gafgarion) (Steal: Yoichi Bow from an Undead Archer)
-Stampede (Behemoths, Dragons, and Treants) (Victory: Ryozan Silk)
-Showdown at the FFT Corral (Chemists and Mediators) (Steal: Stone Gun from a Mediator)
-Parivirs of the East (Samurai and Monks) (Steal: Chirijiraden from a Samurai)

DELTA:
-Nightmare (Algus and Archers) (Steal: Perseus Bow from Algus)
-Delta Delita (Squire Delita, Holy Knight Delita, King Delita) (Steal: Nagrarok from Squire Delita) (Steal: Grand Helm from Holy Knight Delita) (Steal: Kaiser Plate from King Delita)
-The Impure (Queklain) (Victory: Scorpion Tail)
-Eye Scream (Ahrimans) (Victory: Cherche)

VALKYRIES:
-Black Widows (Celia, Lede, and Ninja) (Steal: Sasuke Blade and Rubber Costume from Celia) (Steal: Iga Knife and Koga Knife from Lede)
-Royalguard (Agrias, Ovelia, and Knights) (Steal: Save the Queen from Agrias) (Steal: FS Bag from Ovelia)
-Queen of Dragons (Dragon Reis, Dragons) (Victory: Dragon Rod)
-The Reed Flute Fights Back (Treants) (Victory: Setiemson)

MLAPAN:
-Heaven and Hell (Rafa, Malak, Calculators) (Steal: Mace of Zeus from Rafa) (Steal: Whale Whisker from Malak)
-The Gigas (Velius) (Victory: Blaze Gun)
-The Death Seraph (Zalera) (Victory: Zorlin Shape)
-The Great Library (Bybloses) (Vitory: Healing Staff)

TIGER:
-Bloodlords (Elmdor, Vampires) (Steal: Masamune, Genji Shield, Genji Helm, Genji Armor, and Genji Gauntlet from Elmdor)
-Demons of the Night (Apandas, Archaic Demons, Ultima Demons) (Victory: Secret Clothes)
-Star-Crossed (Olan, Balmafula, Time Mages) (Steal: Madlemgen from Olan)
-Performance that Lasts a Lifetime (Bards, Dancers, Mimes) (Steal: Fairy Harp from a Bard)

BRIDGE:
-Relics of the Past (Mustadio, Balk, Iron Giants) (Victory: Glacier Gun)
-Faram (Alma, Zalmo, Priests) (Steal: Ribbon from Alma) (Steal: Faith Rod from Zalmo)
-Thunder God (Orlandu, Wizards, Summoners) (Steal: Excalibur from Orlandu)
-Betrothed (Human Reis, Beowulf, Oracles) (Steal: Barette from Human Reis)

VOYAGE:
-The Brothers Beoulve (Zalbag, Dycedarg, Geomancers) (Steal: Venetian Shield from Zalbag) (Steal: Maximilian from Dycedarg)
-The Tengilles Two (Meliadoul, Izlude, Lancers) (Steal: Chantage from Meliadoul) (Steal: Dragon Whisker from Izlude)
-The Wroth (Adramelk) (Victory: Blast Gun)
-The Bringer of Order (Hashmalum) (Victory: Salty Rage)

HORROR:
-Cloudwyrms (Cloud and Hydras) (Steal: Materia Blade from Cloud)
-Undead Horrors (Skeletons and Ghosts) (Victory: Cursed Ring)
-The Arch Seraph (Altima 1) (Victory: Sage Staff)
-The Fallen Seraph (Altima 2) (Victory: Robe of Lords)

END:
-Bequeathing Bacon (Pigs) (Victory: Chaos Blade)
-The Zodiac Age I (Velius, Elidibs, Hashmalum, Altima 1) (Victory: Javelin II)
-The Zodiac Age II (Adramelk, Zalera, Queklain, Altima II) (Victory: Escutcheon II)
-The Three Templars (Vormav, Rofel, and Kletian) (Steal: Ragnarok from Vormav)

-MONSTER CHANGES-

-All playable monsters have lost Innate: Gained EXP Up.

CHOCOBOS:
-Their Monster Skill, Chicken Race, now inflicts Don't Move and Don't Act, but no longer Haste.
-Yellow Chocobos have the most HP of all the Chocobos, and as such act as durable healers and tanks, and are the only source of AoE revival in the game. Their Choco Esuna not only revives, but can cleanse every debuff as well as healing some HP if it clears a debuff. Further, mounting a Chocobo allows the rider to regenerate HP upon moving.
-Black Chocobos have the most Move and Evasion of the Chocobo family and allow their rider to fly over obstacles. They act as mixed units, able to revive/cleanse debuffs with Choco Esuna and attack from afar with Choco Ball, but lack the HP and straight HP healing of the Yellow Chocobo.
-Red Chocobos have the highest offensive stats of the Chocobo family, allowing them to deal heavy PA and MA based damage to units from afar, and allow their rider to ignore elevation differences and (for the one map it matters) allows their rider to move on top of lava. Despite their offense, Red Chocobos have no means to heal or revive, however.

Chocobo: Choco Attack/Choco Cure/Choco Esuna/Chicken Race
Black Chocobo: Choco Attack/Choco Ball/Choco Esuna/Chicken Race
Red Chocobo: Choco Attack/Choco Ball/Choco Meteor/Chicken Race

Choco Attack: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance of inflicting Slow.
Choco Cure: Restores HP to a single target.
Choco Esuna: Removes all debuffs from surrounding units (including Death) and restores 10% HP if a status is cleared.
Choco Ball: Deals ranged physical damage.
Choco Meteor: Deals ranged magical damage and is unevadeable.
Chicken Race: Inflicts Don't Move and Don't Act on a single target.

GOBLINS:
-Goblins lose Armor Break and gain Steal Armor.
-Goblins have the highest Speed of their class, being able to easily land Steal Armor and quickly run around the field landing Eye Gouges to Blind and Don't Act enemies.
-Black Goblins lose Weapon Break and gain Steal Weapon.
-Black Goblins have the highest PA of their class and specialize in doing damage with Tackle and Turn Punch, but can also steal an enemy's weapon to ensure their own survival and are best suited to using their Monster Skill, Mutilate with their high PA.
-Gobbledegucks have the highest HP of their class to best utilize Goblin Punch and are one of only two monsters with Monster Skill innate, allowing them to synergize well with other monsters, and allows themselves to use Mutilate at any time.

Goblin: Tackle/Eye Gouge/Steal Armor/Mutilate
Black Goblin: Tackle/Turn Punch/Steal Weapon/Mutilate
Gobbledeguck: Tackle/Eye Gouge/Goblin Punch/Mutilate

Tackle: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance of inflicting Immobilize.
Eye Gouge: Inflicts Blind and Don't Act on an adjacent target.
Steal Armor: Steals an adjacent enemy's armor.
Turn Punch: Deals physical damage in a large AoE around the user, ignoring allies.
Steal Weapon: Steals an adjacent enemy's weapon.
Goblin Punch: Deals ranged damage to a single target based on the user's lost HP.
Mutilate: Deals physical ranged damage and restores the user's HP based on the damage dealt.

BOMBS:
-Bombs (the entire family) lose Cannot Enter Water (which was a waste of an ability slot, since they have Innate: Float)
-Small Bomb (their Monster Skill) now heals the Bomb's HP by MA*3 with a chance to bestow Reraise, and is Fire Elemental, meaning it can be boosted by Oiling the user.
-Bombs have the highest HP and PA of the family, allowing them to deal massive damage with both Bite and Self-Destruct, and having high HP increases the HP threshold needed to trigger Critical Quick, making them great Self-Destructors.
-Grenades have the highest MA of the family and specialize in attacking from afar, allowing them to deal high damage with Flame Attack and have high accuracy with Unction, which inflicts Oil. Combining the two allows Grenades to deal tremendous damage to single targets. Grenades can also cast Unction immediately without a CT, unlike Human Oracles.
-Explosives have the highest Move and Speed of the family, allowing them to quickly get in the middle of enemy groups and unleash Spark while keeping themselves alive at the same time.

Bomb: Bite/Self-Destruct/Flame Attack/Small Bomb
Grenade: Flame Attack/Unction/Self-Destruct/Small Bomb
Explosive: Bite/Self-Destruct/Spark/Small Bomb

Bite: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance to inflict Oil.
Self-Destruct: Deals damage to units in a large AoE around the user based on lost HP and inflicts Oil with 100% accuracy, kills user.
Flame Attack: Deals ranged Fire Elemental magical damage to a single target.
Unction: Inflicts Oil on units in a small AoE.
Spark: Deals Fire Elemental damage to units in a large AoE around the user and heals the user in the process.
Small Bomb: Heals the user by dealing Fire Elemental damage with a chance of bestowing Reraise on the user- is boosted by Oil.

COEURLS:
-Red Panthers have the highest Move of the group, allowing them to position themselves advantageously and are very effective with Chakra, acting as effective early game healers and MP batteries.
-Cuars have the highest Evasion and Speed of the group, allowing them to get close to the enemy and attack with little fear from attacks, but they can also act as pinch revival specialists with their high Speed and Revive, making them deadly and annoying enemies all the same.
-Vampires have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to easily land Petrify/Stop with Blaster.

Red Panther: Scratch/Poison Nail/Chakra/Cat Kick
Coeurl: Scratch/Poison Nail/Revive/Cat Kick
Vampire: Scratch/Blood Suck/Blaster/Cat Kick

Scratch: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance to inflict Blind.
Poison Nail: Inflicts Poison and Blind on a distant target.
Chakra: Restores HP and MP to an adjacent target.
Revive: Revives a fallen adjacent target with 20% HP.
Blood Suck: Drains 10% of an adjacent target's HP with a 100% chance of inflicting Blood Suck as well.
Blaster: Inflicts either Stop or Petrify on a single distant target.
Cat Kick: Boosts the user's Speed by 1.

MINDFLAYERS:
-Mindflayers (the family) lose Counter Magic and gain Counter Flood as their Reaction.
-Pisco Demons have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to deal heavy single-target damage and Slow with Aqua Soul as well as easily land their (now instant) Confusion Songs. They are also the second of only two monsters with Innate: Monster Skill, making them great for teams full of monsters, but unlike Gobbledegucks, are more about staying away from the front lines.
-Squidlarkins are the opposite of Pisco Demons, specializing in having the highest HP and PA of the group, acting as a warrior of the Mindflayer family. Squidlarkins specialize in dealing damage from afar and inflicting Blind with their (weak) Black Ink attack, softening enemies up for when they get close enough to Tentacle them to death- all while having a chance to inflict Confuse with Tentacle. Should enemies be severely buffed by the time the Squidlarkin draws near, it can remove all buffs in a wide area around itself.
-Mindflares are the fastest of the group, allowing them to quickly fire off Mind Blasts and Black Ink, with Berserk and Blind being a deadly combo.

Pisco Demon: Tentacle/Aqua Soul/Confusion Song/Level Blast
Squidlarkin: Tentacle/Black Ink/Odd Soundwave/Level Blast
Mindflayer: Tentacle/Black Ink/Mind Blast/Level Blast

Tentacle: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance to inflict Confuse.
Aqua Soul: Deals ranged Water Elemental magic damage to a single target with a chance to inflict Slow.
Confusion Song: Inflicts Confuse on units in a small AoE.
Black Ink: Deals Water Elemental damage to units in a small AoE with a chance to inflict Blind.
Odd Soundwave: Removes all buffs from units in a large AoE around the user with perfect accuracy.
Mind Blast: Inflicts either Confuse or Berserk on units in a small AoE.
Level Blast: If the target is buffed, deals damage equal to 75% of the target's HP and removes buffs. Fails on Death immune targets.

SKELETONS:
-Darkness (their Monster Skill) now inflicts Undead alongside Blind and Innocent.
-Skeletons are the tankiest of the family, having the highest HP and PA to take advantage of Knife Hand (which drains HP). As they draw close to the enemy, they can use Thunder Soul to deal damage and possibly inflict Don't Act on the enemy, leaving them all the more vulnerable, or they can opt to stay back and use Zombie (which would make their Knife Hand useless, however) and Thunder Soul to act as a tanky mage.
-Bone Snatches have the highest Speed of the family, allowing them to quickly fire off Death spells to heal themselves (or Undead allies) or to just flat out fry enemies. They can opt to also use Aqua Soul from afar to damage and Slow an enemy, as well, which may in some cases be optimal compared to Death.
-Living Bones have the highest MA of the group, dealing heavy single-target damage with a chance of Silence (via Wind Soul) or Stop (Ice Soul), and are more or less the mages of the family, but can still be very tanky via Knife Hand and, as with all Undead, can never truly be slain.

Skeleton: Knife Hand/Thunder Soul/Zombie/Darkness
Bone Snatch: Knife Hand/Aqua Soul/Death/Darkness
Living Bone: Knife Hand/Ice Soul/Wind Soul/Darkness

Knife Hand: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target and restores the user's HP for the damage dealt.
Thunder Soul: Deals ranged Thunder Elemental magic damage with a chance to inflict Don't Act.
Zombie: Inflicts Undead on a single target.
Aqua Soul: Deals ranged Water Elemental magic damage with a chance to inflict Slow.
Death: Instantly kills a single target, can also be used to fully heal an Undead unit.
Ice Soul: Deals ranged Ice Elemental magic damage with a chance to inflict Stop.
Wind Soul: Deals ranged Wind Elemental magic damage with a chance to inflict Silence.
Darkness: Inflicts Undead, Innocent, and Blind on a single target with perfect accuracy.

GHOSTS:
-Ghosts lose Damage Split as their Reaction, gain Arrow Guard.
-Ghouls have Teleport 2 and the highest Evasion of their family, specializing in lobbing (now instant for them) Poison spells at large groups of enemies while deftly dodging attacks. As such, Ghouls make for a wonderful distraction and evade tank, but lack the HP to take too many direct blows. However, they do have Sleep Touch (with a range of 2), which inflicts Sleep and Death Sentence on the enemy, allowing them to cripple the enemy before the rest of the team comes close.
-Gusts are the tankiest of the group and can use Demi (instantly) to heal themselves while damaging enemies. They have the highest HP, making Demi all the more effective on themselves, and can inflict Oil and Don't Move on a target with Grease Touch.
-Revnants have the highest Speed of the family, specializing in quickly slinging (instant) Stop spells into groups of enemies to halt their attacks while draining MP with Drain Touch from enemy mages.

Ghoul: Throw Spirit/Sleep Touch/Poison/Parasite
Ghast: Throw Spirit/Grease Touch/Demi/Parasite
Revenant: Throw Spirit/Drain Touch/Stop/Parasite

Throw Spirit: Deals ranged magical damage to a single target with a chance to inflict Undead.
Sleep Touch: Inflicts Sleep and Death Sentence on a single target with mid-range distance.
Poison: Inflicts Poison on units in a small AoE.
Grease Touch: Inflicts Oil and Don't Move on a single target with mid-range distance.
Demi: Deals Dark damage to units equal to 33% of their HP in a small AoE.
Drain Touch: Drains 50% of a target's MP with mid-range distance.
Stop: Inflicts Stop on units in a small AoE.
Parasite: Inflicts random debuffs on a single target.

AHRIMANS:
-Ahrimans lose Circle and gain Mute as their Monster Skill.
-Ahrimans lose Damage Split and gain Counter Magic as their Reaction.
-Flotiballs have the highest HP of the group to take advantage of Lifebreak and can dispel all buffs from enemies by using (instantly) Dispel Magic, allowing them to act as a physical fighter that has the mobility to back off and Lifebreak when the going gets rough.
-Ahrimans have the highest MA of the group, allowing it to easily fry anything stupid enough to lob spells at it with Counter Magic, and it can utilize its high MA to easily debuff enemies with Look of Fright and Look of Devil. Counter Magic and Look of Fright in particular make it great to use against Lucavi, which use magic and are susceptible to having their Brave lowered.
-Plagues lose Look of Devil, gain Circle.
-Plagues have the most Move and Speed of the group, allowing it to quickly inflict Death Sentence on the enemy's party, and is also of great use in Lucavi fights where they can use Circle to lower the enemy's MA.

Flotiball: Wing Attack/Dispel Magic/Lifebreak/Mute
Ahriman: Wing Attack/Look of Devil/Look of Fright/Mute
Plague: Wing Attack/Circle/Death Sentence/Mute

Wing Attack: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance to inflict Stop.
Dispel Magic: Removes buffs from units in a small AoE.
Lifebreak: Deals ranged damage to a single target based on the user's lost HP.
Look of Devil: Inflicts a random debuff on a single target.
Look of Fright: Reduces a target's Brave by 20.
Circle: Reduces a target's MA by 3.
Death Sentence: Inflicts Death Sentence on a single target.
Mute: Reduces a target's MP to 0.

COCKATRICES:
-Cockatrices lose Beaking and gain Quick as their Monster Skill.
-Every monster in the Cockatrice family can cast their spells instantly.
-Juravises have the highest HP and Evasion of the group, specializing in casting Slow on enemies until it gets close, and then using Scratch Up and Eye Gouge to cripple enemy forces as they get close.
-Steel Hawks lose Scratch Up, gain Feather Bomb.
-Steel Hawks have the highest Speed of the group and focus on staying far away from the enemy and playing support while being as fast and annoying as possible, being able to instantly cast Haste and cancel enemy spells with Shine Lover. To attack, they use Feather Bomb which allows them to stay out of the fray while still dealing damage.
-Cockatorises lose Feather Bomb, gain Beaking.
-Cockatorises have the highest MA of the group, making Beaking, Stone Beak, and Quick easily land on their targets, which can easily change the tide of the fight. Like Ahrimans, Cockatorises are great in boss fights, but unlike them, Cockatorises are better against human enemies, which tend to use PA more than MA.

Juravis: Scratch Up/Slow/Eye Gouge/Quick
Steel Hawk: Feather Bomb/Shine Lover/Haste/Quick
Cockatrice: Scratch Up/Stone Beak/Beaking/Quick

Scratch Up: Deals physical damage to an adjacent target with a chance of inflicting Sleep.
Slow: Inflicts Slow on units in a small AoE.
Eye Gouge: Inflicts Blind and Don't Act on an adjacent target.
Feather Bomb: Deals ranged magical damage to a single target.
Shine Lover: Has a chance of cancelling Charging/Defending/Performing on a single target.
Haste: Bestows Haste on units in a small AoE.
Stone Beak: Inflicts Petrify on a single adjacent target.
Beaking: Reduces a target's PA by 3.
Quick: Allows a single target to immediately act next.

PIGS:
-Uribos have the highest Speed of the family and focus on quickly debuffing enemies with Paralyze and Nose Breath (Don't Act and Charm respectively), while dealing heavy physical damage and Charm with Straight Dash.
-Porkys have the highest HP and Evasion of the family, acting as the physical attacker of the bunch and focuses on inflicting Frog and Poison to cripple enemy forces as the Porky draws close enough to deal heavy Straight Dash damage.
-Wildbows are the most varied of the bunch, having the ability to go on the offense or defense with ease. They have the highest Move/Jump of the group and can deal heavy physical damage with Straight Dash, fully revive an ally with Oink, or Charm an enemy with Nose Breath.

Uribo: Straight Dash/Nose Breath/Paralyze/Please Eat
Porky: Straight Dash/Pooh/Frog/Please Eat
Wildbow: Straight Dash/Nose Breath/Oink/Please Eat

Straight Dash: Deals physical damage to an adjacent unit with a chance to inflict Charm.
Nose Breath: Inflicts Charm on a single target from afar.
Paralyze: Inflicts Don't Act on units in a small AoE.
Pooh: Inflicts Poison on a single target.
Frog: Inflicts Frog on a single target.
Oink: Fully revives an adjacent fallen unit.
Please Eat: Bestows Regen and Reraise with perfect accuracy on an adjacent target.

TREANTS:
-Woodmen have the highest MA of the group, allowing them to deal the most damage with Leaf Dance and can land Silence Song (and Raise2 with Monster Skill!) instantly and accurately while being the best MP battery in the game with Magic Spirit.
-Trents have the highest Speed of the family and can revive units from afar as well as heal allies. Though they lack Non-Charge Raise2, they can Raise without needing a Monster Skill unit, and is one of the best healers in the game, but can't cleanse debuffs.
-Taiju have the highest HP and Move of the family, allowing it to get close to the enemy and bomb them with Leaf Dance, using Protect/Calm Spirit on allies as everyone gets close to the enemy.

Woodman: Leaf Dance/Silence Song/Magic Spirit/Raise 2
Trent: Leaf Dance/Spirit of Life/Raise/Raise 2
Taiju: Leaf Dance/Protect Spirit/Calm Spirit/Raise 2

Leaf Dance: Deals magical damage in a large AoE around the user with a chance to inflict Silence.
Silence Song: Inflicts Silence on units in a small AoE.
Magic Spirit: Restores MP to allies in a large AoE around the user.
Spirit of Life: Restores HP to allies in a large AoE around the user.
Raise: Revives a fallen target with 50% HP.
Protect Spirit: Bestows Protect, Regen, and Defending on allies in a large AoE around the user.
Calm Spirit: Bestows Shell, Regen, and Defending on allies in a large AoE around the user.
Raise 2: Fully revives a fallen target.

MINOTAURS:
-Bull Demons act as one of the game's best tanks, having the highest HP of the group while being able to inflict Berserk to get enemies to come close and only use regular attacks. Bull Demons aren't particularly mobile, but can use Wave Fist to make up the difference until it gets close to the enemy (or if the enemy is far away and can't be Berserked).
-Minotaurs have the highest PA of the group and specialize in AoE damage, being able to use Earth Slash to attack from a distance and Wave Around to strike around the user. The Minotaur can also use Blow Fire on enemies that are immune to Earth or are resistant to physical strikes. Earth Slash can also be used to heal fellow Minotaurs.
-Sacreds have the highest Move of the group and also act as a tank, specializing in Immobilizing nearby enemies with Mimic Titan so that they can't move away from the Sacred. It can also temporarily make itself more vulnerable and use Gather Power to boost its own PA so that it can more easily crush enemies that it catches in its net with Mimic Titan.

Bull Demon: Shake Off/Blind Rage/Wave Fist/Quake
Minotaur: Earth Slash/Wave Around/Blow Fire/Quake
Sacred: Shake Off/Mimic Titan/Gather Power/Quake

Shake Off: Deals unavoidable physical damage to an adjacent target.
Blind Rage: Inflicts Berserk on a single target.
Wave Fist: Deals ranged physical damage to a single target.
Earth Slash: Deals physical Earth Elemental damage in a line in front of the user.
Wave Around: Deals physical damage to surrounding units.
Blow Fire: Deals magical Fire Elemental damage in a line in front of the user.
Mimic Titan: Deals magical Earth Elemental damage to units in a large AoE around the user with a chance to inflict Don't Move.
Gather Power: Boosts the user's PA by 1.
Quake: Deals magical Earth Elemental damage in a large AoE with a chance to inflict Don't Move.

MALBOROS:
-Malboros lose Counter Flood and gain Regenerator as their Reaction.
-Malboros have the highest HP and PA of the group, acting as a hardy warrior that can get close to enemies, debuff them, and deal heavy damage with Malboro Tentacle while further reducing their HP with the Poison effect of Malboro Tentacle.
-Ochus are the tankiest of the Malboro family, being able to regenerate HP while moving in addition to Regenerator. They can also inflict Frog and Don't Move to trap enemies in disadvantageous positions while crippling their defenses.
-Great Malboros have the highest MA of the group and as such, can easily land Bad Breaths while dealing damage (and Poison) from afar with Bio. They act as ranged units, staying back and then unleashing all sorts of hell when the weakened enemy gets close.

Malboro: Malboro Tentacle/Lick/Bad Breath/Malboro Virus
Ochu: Malboro Tentacle/Goo/Frog/Malboro Virus
Great Malboro: Malboro Tentacle/Bad Breath/Bio/Malboro Virus

Malboro Tentacle: Deals physical damage to an adjacent unit with a chance to inflict Poison.
Lick: Inflicts Slow on an adjacent target.
Bad Breath: Inflicts random debuffs on targets in a large AoE around the user.
Goo: Inflicts Don't Move on a distant target.
Frog: Inflicts Frog on a single target.
Bio: Deals magical damage in a large AoE with a chance to inflict Poison.
Malboro Virus: Inflicts Poison and Frog on a single target.

BEHEMOTHS:
-Behemoths are mixed attackers, being able to use Bolt to attack the enemy from afar, or it can use Gather Power and Stab Up to viciously destroy the enemy as it gets close. How you choose to play the Behemoth is up to you, though they do have the highest PA of the group.
-King Behemoths are all about tearing through the enemy's defenses, and they have the highest Move and HP of the group. They can use Sudden Cry to deal damage with a chance of removing all of the enemy's buffs, and it can also use Weapon Break and Armor Break to leave the enemy defenseless. If the enemy is already broken and doesn't have a Weapon or Armor, the Breaks can be used to deal more damage than Sudden Cry.
-Dark Behemoths are the mages of the group, having the highest MA of the group and synergize well with Undead monsters, being able to use Demi to heal itself and its allies, and can cast Don't Move to lock enemies in place as its allies attack from afar.

Behemoth: Stab Up/Bolt/Gather Power/Almagest
King Behemoth: Sudden Cry/Weapon Break/Armor Break/Almagest
Dark Behemoth: Stab Up/Don't Move/Demi/Almagest

Stab Up: Deals physical damage to an adjacent unit with a chance to inflict Death Sentence.
Bolt: Deals minor magical Thunder Elemental damage to units in a small AoE.
Gather Power: Boosts the user's PA by 1.
Sudden Cry: Deals physical damage to an adjacent unit with a chance to remove all buffs from the target.
Weapon Break: Breaks the target's weapon.
Armor Break: Breaks the target's armor.
Don't Move: Inflicts Don't Move on units in a small AoE.
Demi: Deals Dark damage to units equal to 33% of their HP in a small AoE.
Almagest: Deals damage equal to the user's lost HP in a large AoE.

DRAGONS:
-Dragons (tier 1) now absorb Thunder and are weak to Water.
-Dragons (tier 1) have the highest MA of the family, being able to easily land Threatens from afar and highly damaging Thunder Breaths when the enemy gets close.
-Blue Dragons have the highest HP and Speed of the family and are able to cure other Dragons' HP and statuses, making them synergize well with Dragon and Hydra themed teams. When not paired with other Dragons, Blue Dragons are still the fastest of the group and are able to quickly get to enemies and blast them with AoE Ice Breath. Having the highest HP and Speed also synergize well with its Reaction, Dragon Spirit.
-Red Dragons have the highest Move and PA of the family and specialize in AoE damage with Tail Swing and Fire Breath. As it gets close enough to use those skills, it can use Dragon PowerUp to buff itself and other Dragon/Hydra allies.

Dragon: Dash/Thunder Breath/Threaten/Giga Flare
Blue Dragon: Dash/Ice Breath/Dragon Care/Giga Flare
Red Dragon: Tail Swing/Fire Breath/Dragon Power Up/Giga Flare

Dash: Deals physical damage to an adjacent unit with a chance to inflict Don't Act.
Thunder Breath: Deals magical Thunder Elemental damage in a line in front of the user.
Threaten: Reduces the target's Brave by 10.
Ice Breath: Deals magical Ice Elemental damage in a line in front of the user.
Dragon Care: Restores 34% of Dragonkin's HP and removes most debuffs.
Tail Swing: Deals physical damage to units surrounding the user in a small AoE.
Fire Breath: Deals magical Fire Elemental damage in a line in front of the user.
Dragon Power Up: Bestows Protect, Shell, and Haste on Dragonkin.
Giga Flare: Deals magical damage to units in a large AoE.

HYDRAS:
-Hyudras are mixed attackers and have the highest HP of the group, being able to switch between Triple Attack for Petrify in melee range and Dark Whisper from afar for heavy damage and Sleep, or being able to kill bosses easily with Triple Thunder.
-Hydras specialize in melee combat and have the highest Move of the group, using Triple Attack and Triple Breath to take out entire groups of enemy combatants at once with sheer damage and Petrify.
-Tiamats have the highest MA of the group and are the mages of the bunch, using Triple Flame, Triple Thunder, and Triple Breath to take advantage of its high MA.

Hyudra: Triple Attack/Triple Thunder/Dark Whisper/Hurricane
Hydra: Triple Attack/Triple Flame/Triple Breath/Hurricane
Tiamat: Triple Breath/Triple Thunder/Triple Flame/Hurricane

Triple Attack: Deals physical damage to units on three sides of the user with a chance to inflict Petrify.
Triple Thunder: Deals heavy Thunder Elemental damage three times to random tiles within a small AoE.
Dark Whisper: Deals heavy Dark Elemental damage six times to random tiles within a small AoE with a chance to inflict Sleep or Dead.
Triple Flame: Deals heavy Fire Elemental damage three times to random tiles within a small AoE.
Triple Breath: Deals 34% max HP worth of damage to units on three sides of the user, Dark Elemental.
Hurricane: Deals heavy magical Wind Elemental damage in a large AoE.

OTHER MONSTERS:

-Apands are faster and have more MP.
-Apandas lose Counter Flood and gain Absorb Used MP.
-Byblos get a boost to PA and MP and lose Secret Hunt, but gain Short Charge to make their Bio spells more viable.
-Archaic Demons are faster and have more MP.
-Archaic Demons lose Counter and gain Counter Flood.
-Ultima Demons are faster and have more MP.

MISCELLANEOUS CHANGES:

-The starting units at Gariland now start with set 60 Brave and 60 Faith.

KNOWN BUGS:

-If Hamedo triggers and the defender kills the attacker, the attacker will temporarily rise from the dead to finish their attack... and then die again. It's kinda funny.

-Rarely, a human enemy in DD will find a DD exit for you. This will be fixed in the next update if it becomes a big thing.

-When dismissing a unit, the low Faith quote will play. Not a huge deal.

I'm sure you all will find unbalanced things and bugs, so if you do, please report them! I played through the game, but it's entirely possible that I've missed things. I hope everyone enjoys! KO is meant to be the definitive version of Vanilla, and I really feel like that's been achieved, especially with this latest update.

By the by, thanks to Xif and the other ASMers who've worked super hard on these new changes. They're really awesome and you should check out their work. It's hard stuff, so be sure to thank them!

Ribasomi

Quote from: Eternal on October 23, 2016, 11:27:12 am
It's finally out! Can you believe it'd been three years since the last update? Time flies! There have been lots of cool new things released since the last release, and this update is all about quality of life changes, buffing monsters so more people can enjoy Beastmaster runs, and fixing bugs as well as adding a modern polish to FFT while adding back in some of the unused content and keeping it feeling like FFT. There's a huge changelog, but I'd advise reading it all to get a feel for everything.

FFT KO 2.6 Changelog:

Hey, this looks awesome.

Are you going to update the PSP version?
  • Modding version: WotL

Bonesy