• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 03:44:02 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Eternal

For the most part, most jobs have the same stats with a few exceptions such as Mediators having better MA/MP, Calculators being slightly faster to compensate for their nerfed skillsets, etc.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Eternal

Updated to 2.2. Not a huge amount of changes, but they're there to make Knights slightly better and fix some annoying little things.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

The Damned

(Bump bumpity.)

I just decided to check and it would seem that neither of the links are working, Eternal. I don't think it's anything on my end either (for once), so....
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Eternal

Hmm, I was just able to download it just fine, unless you mean another link?

The Damned

(So it's just me. Of course.)

No, I meant the normal attachments in the original post. From some reason, despite trying to download various ways from both of them, I keep getting prompted only to download a picture of "index.php." I'm not really sure why that is, but it's definitely not working for me and this is the first time that it's ever happened. So I'm unsure what occurred in the month between my download of formerdeathcorps 'patch and today.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

The Damned

(I dislike double-posting, but....)

I think I've at least theoretically sussed out the problem: it might be occurring because I "downgraded" back to Firefox 8 due to the problems that Firefox 13 was giving me (and it's not like Firefox 12 was much better). That seems to be the only reason I can figure while I seem only able to download "index.php" while on here.

That said, going on a hunch about an hour ago, I decided to try downloading via Internet Explorer, and while the file still initially showed up as "index.php", it actually downloaded the .zip file. So I at least have one of the versions now, specifically 2.2.

I wonder if this affects other attachments for me now even though, as I said just above, things were working fine as recently as a month ago. I should probably try to test this with other attachments. If I can, then it's something wrong with the attachments in here (for me)....

Eternal

Preparing to update to the next version of KO PSX, and here's a planned changelog. Thoughts? Anything I forgot?

-Fell Sword WP has been reduced. (PSP)
-Plunder JP costs reduced. (PSP)
-Aim skills are faster. (PSP)
-Barrage returns, albeit only learnable on Mustadio Blue Mage style from Balthier in Midlight's Deep. (PSP)
-Sylph is now properly Wind Elemental.(PSP)
-Luso's stats have been increased. (PSP)
-Foxbird has been renamed to Lubrication to match KO PSP. (PSX)
-Summons now have longer CT and higher MP costs to match KO PSP. (PSX)
-Break skills have become cheaper and are slightly more accurate. (PSX/PSP)
-Negotiate/Beg now hits at MA+45%. (PSX/PSP)
-Stasis Sword now inflicts Immobilize and costs 10 MP. (PSX/PSP)
-Split/Crush Punch are now unevadeable and costs 5/10 MP each. (PSX/PSP)
-Heave can now inflict Immobilize/Disable/Float. (PSX/PSP)
-Many R/S/M skills cost less JP now. (PSX/PSP)
-The Bio spells are now more clearly named. (PSX/PSP)
-Gigaflare has been nerfed. (PSX/PSP)
-Summons have been lowered to Blizzard power. (PSX/PSP)
-Spells that didn't have CT have it again, more enemy-only spells have MP costs now. (PSX/PSP)
-AI flags have been fully fixed. (PSX)
-Hi-Potions now heal for 50, X-Potions for 100. Prices/JP costs have been lowered to compensate. (PSX/PSP)
-Ivory Rod is now buyable at the start of Chapter IV. (PSX/PSP)
-Persia is now buyable at the start of Chapter III. (PSX/PSP)
-Cashmere is now available at the start of Chapter IV. (PSX/PSP)
-Every type of item is available at every store now to match KO PSP. (PSX)
-Sinogue is an Archaic Demon once more. (PSX/PSP)
-Dispose range down to 4. (PSX/PSP)
-Destroy now targets enemies surrounding oneself. (PSX/PSP)

Maybe:
-Artemis Bow gains Add: Immobilize (PSX/PSP)
-Move Magic Attack Up to Calculators (PSX/PSP)
-Disable breeding (PSX)

Eternal

Giever

Is there any way to use this patch with the PSP translation (but on PSX)? Like, by patching an iso with it and FFT: Complete, in some order?
98% of signatures are true.
If this is one of the 2%, never mind.

Eternal

I'm afraid not. If you patch an ISO with more than one patch, you can get errors. =\

Dome

Quote from: Eternal on October 16, 2012, 05:17:40 pm
I'm afraid not. If you patch an ISO with more than one patch, you can get errors. =\

Like the awesome "Delita moves and proceeds to cast Giga Flare against the rebels"
or the classic "Ramza is an Holy Angel"

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Timbo

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Eternal

Definitely, it just won't be nearly as big as the PSP's update.

Jon

I was reading through the logs, very nice work with this, however one thing, try not to change every ability due to "balance", every time you change stuff it gets further and further from vanilla, which is fine but I thought that was the point. I really like the idea of this mod though! Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Eternal

KO PSX and KO PSP are still getting that promised update sometime later this month. I ran into a very large issue during testing (my bloody USB drive broke) so I had to start testing all over again. Fun times. That aside, things seem to have worked well so far during my last tests, so it's going smoothly.

Neophyte Ronin

I'm enjoying the paths taken with the Kind Of patch and in certain ways I like it as much as or even more than the Tactics Plus.  This should get its own section, entirely.

Monsters actually have teeth.  The ranged Choco-Cure makes grinding at Mandalia Plains a life-or-death situation.  Not to mention Choco-Esuna being able to revive dead monsters.  Altering every monster's initial attack to contain benefits as unavoidable or adding a debilitating condition is a stroke of genius.

I finished Chapter One and got the sudden idea: isn't there a music-free version of the game?  Like you said, multiple patches can lead to errors, but can a simple patch to turn off the music work out after patching or should a music-free patch exist instead?

Oh, and this one's hard in a decent way: Tactics hard without pulling utterly infuriating stunts on the player.  Excellent job so far.  Looking forward to PSX2.4.

Eternal

KO 2.4 is up! I'll try and make a music-free version later.

Here are the changes for KO 2.4 PSX:

-Pigs properly have Paralyze and Frog now. (PSX)
-Guest Agrias and Guest Gafgarion now properly join at Party Level. (PSX)
-Salamander returns, and now inflicts Blind in addition to Fire damage, as a sort of physical foil to Sylph. (PSX/PSP)
-Faerie JP Cost down to 200. (PSX/PSP)
-Summoners now have a higher MP pool. (PSX/PSP)
-Alicia, Rad, and Lavian come with 70 Brave and 70 Faith. (PSX/PSP)
-Level 3 magic has had an MP cost increase. (PSX/PSP)
-Cloud's Limits no longer require the Materia Blade, but do require a Sword to be used. (PSX/PSP)
-Braver, Cross-Slash, and Omnislash are now based on PA and WP. (PSX/PSP)
-HP Restore/Critical: Restore HP and Abandon/Reflexes have been removed. (PSX/PSP)
-Robe of Lords is now Initial: Protect/Shell, no longer grants 2 MA. (PSX/PSP)
-Chocobo Cure no longer has AoE. (PSX/PSP)
-Attack Boost and Arcane Strength's JP costs have been increased. (PSX/PSP)

Eternal

For those who began a save before Zalmo 1 on 2.4, I'm releasing a fix for that battle soon so it won't take forever and a half to beat him.

The Damned

(Hunh. I didn't notice this had updated. Well, I guess that means starting from scratch.)

Out of curiosity, Eternal, what is the problem with Zalmo in this latest version?

Also, is there perhaps a way to get a master list of changes? It needn't be anything excessively formal.

Eternal

I gave Zalmo MBarrier for his second fight, totally forgetting he had a -first- fight, and in the first fight, he comes with a heap of defensive R/S/M stuff, so the battle drags on for ages. As for a list of changes, you can view that in the very first post.