• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:29:04 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Mad Mage

Trying this out. At first, it's a bit tough. I'm finding I need to play a couple random maps to get the skills and equipment I feel I need to beat dorter trade city. And that worries me, is this hack like other hacks where the more I level up, the harder battles get?

Bonesy

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Bonesy#9386

Mad Mage

But will they outmatch my equipment and skills to a greater degree if I grind a little? When I played FFT+ I found that the higher level you became, the tougher the game got. Exp was essentially a bad thing. Is this the same?

Eternal

Enemy levels scale and random battles with human units will have gear that gets better as you level, but enemies in story fights have set gear so even when their levels scale, it'll still be a fair fight and they'll be (mostly) using what's available at the shops at that point.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Necrohol

Quote from: Eternal on February 11, 2018, 03:53:59 pm
Enemy levels scale and random battles with human units will have gear that gets better as you level, but enemies in story fights have set gear so even when their levels scale, it'll still be a fair fight and they'll be (mostly) using what's available at the shops at that point.

Hello Eternal and everyone! I'm a new user. Nice to meet you all!

First of all, thank you for dedicating so much time to this marvelous project. FFT is my favorite game of all and Ramza is my second favorite character out of all fiction (all books, games, series etc.). I've been playing this game for the past 15 years and through you modders I'm able to keep going back and having fun with new mods.

I have finished Kind Of in a previous version... 2.4, I guess and I had a blast. The only problem for me was that it ended. I wished to have access to Melee and Rendezvous content somehow and you said we'd have that in Midnight's Deep, but I couldn't access them. Every time I battled, it was the same. There was also the problem of having to find the right tile to proceed. That's a nightmare!  So, do you intend to remove the necessity to find the right tile to proceed? How are Melee and Rendezvous integrated into Midnight's Deep in 2.6? Last but not least, randomizing Midnight's Deep might be a good idea. This way, we could keep battling with our endgame team and always have different challenges. Maybe we could also have some sort of endless horde of monsters to battle and see how far we can go. To be honest, my dream patch would include these changes to Midnight's Deep because I'd be able to keep playing FFT forever and keep having challenges. Is there a chance you might incorporate any of those into your work in the future?

I would like to thank you again for this wonderful job and so much altruistic dedication to my favorite game of all! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU! <3

Eternal

Hey there, and welcome to FFH! I'm glad you enjoyed it! To be clear, you played the PSP version, correct? Because this is the thread for the PSX version, and I want to ensure I'm helping with the correct issue.
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

Necrohol

Quote from: Eternal on May 14, 2018, 07:16:15 pm
Hey there, and welcome to FFH! I'm glad you enjoyed it! To be clear, you played the PSP version, correct? Because this is the thread for the PSX version, and I want to ensure I'm helping with the correct issue.

Yes, the PSP version of Kind Of. But I'd play FFT anywhere. It's my favorite game by far.

Rzen

Since you cannot de-level with degenerator trap in KO--would the highest magic attack mage still be achieved by leveling with mime, or would it actually be better to skip all those levels gunning for mime in non-mage jobs, and just use the jobs that (supposedly) have better magic attack divisors?

I did check some jobs in FFTpatcher, and i think chemist has 45 instead of 50, but jobs are repeated and i'm too noob to know for 100% certainty, which jobs are the correct ones to take growths from.

Windless

This looks really fun! I'm going to try it this evening, my first time back to FFT in years.

Eternal

@Rzen: I don't have it right in front of me, but I think Mime is still the best overall. It's been a while since I've messed with stat growths, so I'm not entirely sure. But if you check the Patcher, whichever job has the lowest Growth number and highest Multiplier is what you'd want.

Locke_Cole

Started playing this a couple of days ago, I AM LOVING IT! Thank you so much. Been playing Final Fantasy Tactics since it was released and I just of accident stumbled upon this website a couple of months ago and I almost could not believe this. Thank you for all the hard work on KO. Also much respect to the other folks working on the other patches. (Just wanted to show some love).  :)
  • Modding version: PSX

Mojo

I'm guessing the answer is no, but can this mod be layered on top of The Lion War?  It would be nice to have a rebalance applied on top of that mod and this mod seems like a good balance of difficulty while maintaining fun.

Nyzer