• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 07:53:25 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Fantasy Tactics: Kind Of PSX (Current version: 2.6, Updated: 10/23/16)

Started by Eternal248, March 29, 2012, 12:13:12 pm

Eternal

And the first post has just been updated with 2.41, which fixes Zalmo 1 and a few other small things. Enjoy!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

jayblah

Hey. I just wanted to know, does the PSX version of Kind Of use the PSP translation?

Eternal

"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"

jayblah

Do you have any plans to support that script? It's tough to play without. :)

Eternal

I've considered it, actually, but it's really not a priority right now since I have so many other projects going on.

Eternal

Expect an update later this weekend featuring a few small changes as well as revamped AI for units in certain battles that will hopefully make them a bit less dumb.

charles099

I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

Eternal

Well I certainly wouldn't say it's bad, lol. That'd be the worst advertising scheme ever!

charles099

I am without a shadow of a doubt the most electrifying final fantasy tactics player in the world today if ya smmmelllllll what the chuck is cookin' (does peoples eyebrow)

charles099

is the job tree the same as vanilla?  I want to unlock samurai.

Eternal

Eternal

FFT: KO is getting a small update next week that'll feature a very fun new feature. Basically, you won't get any random encounters if you're moving to a town. If you want to train, just select a map spot with random fights and the encounter rate will be 100%. Useful for those who don't want to constantly load/save state as they're moving from one point of the map to another. Additionally, there will be another few small fixes included.

EDIT: Thanks to Xifanie for making this possible.
-Elric

Dome

Quote from: Eternal on June 12, 2013, 03:51:28 pm
FFT: KO is getting a small update next week that'll feature a very fun new feature. Basically, you won't get any random encounters if you're moving to a town. If you want to train, just select a map spot with random fights and the encounter rate will be 100%. Useful for those who don't want to constantly load/save state as they're moving from one point of the map to another. Additionally, there will be another few small fixes included.

EDIT: Thanks to Xifanie for making this possible.
-Elric

I. WANT. THIS. ASM

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

CHL_305

Hey Eternal, so far I have liked the changes in the mod, although they are taking me a bit to get used to. I started out with 2.41 but switched to 1.21 because the monsters made me want to smash my head into a wall. The weird thing is I liked the other changes in 2.41 and noticed some slight differences when I dropped back down to 1.21. Is there a future plan to merge 1.21+2.41 minus the roided monster abilities? Also last question since I am new to this psx modding scene. If I have a save file in 1.21 and you put out an update for it, would I have to start the game all over again?

Eternal

At this time, no. 1.21 is meant to be very strictly close to Vanilla, as an option for those who don't enjoy 2.41's changes. Let me guess- it was Chocobos who made you want to smash your head against a wall, right? :P

If so, they're much rarer now and are slightly easier to put down in 2.5, which will be released sometime this week. Save files will transfer perfectly fine, just be sure that when I update it and release the new patch that you patch a clean ISO.

CHL_305

Cool, thanks for the reply and yes it was the Chocobos' long range heal and revives.

Honestly this has been the most frustrating weekend of gaming for me in a while. I started with 1.3 easytype and got beat down and then went to FFT Plus and not much luck there. So I tried KO and was getting curb stomped by monsters. Even with all this I still actually benefited. I took a step back, did more research and started 'strategerizing' better and now I am comfortably playing FFT Plus. This experience made me realize how much about this game I didn't know. Either way, great job by you and Dome.

Eternal

Well, like I said, Chocobos are being nerfed for 2.5, so you shouldn't have nearly as much of an issue with them then. Really, the key to easy fights in KO (and KO Critical Mode when it comes out) are Protect/Shell/Regen/Poison. They last nearly the entire fight, and can really make your life easier. Not so much against Chocobos, but in other tricky fights.

CHL_305

Word, I look forward to the update. Oh I also forgot to mention that the guests (Delita/Algus) in just about all the different FFT mods make me want to fall on a sword.

Eternal

That's because most patches don't change Guest AI- KO and FFT+ don't either. I debated for a very long time about whether I should make Guests controllable for KO or not, and I ultimately decided not to simply because I wanted KO to stay true to Vanilla as that was the entire point of the patch.

I will say that if you do continue playing the current version of KO until the update or whatever, training at Sweegy is a breeze. Skeletons aside, most of the enemies there go down fairly easily, allowing you to JP Grind at will.

Eternal

Updated to 2.5, the changes are noted in the changelog as always. Enjoy!