• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:24:54 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Shuushin; A Japanese Fantasy Rework

Started by Lydyn, September 20, 2008, 01:52:52 pm

Would you like to see this done?

Yes!
35 (72.9%)
Not interested.
13 (27.1%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Voting closed: September 20, 2008, 01:52:52 pm

SentinalBlade

October 14, 2008, 09:49:44 am #60 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by SentinalBlade
Been having the same problem for months, Lydn,  ive even begged zodiac to look for that instruction in his ASM doings...

Weird thing~

If you look at elmdors sword spirit, and set its action menu from katana inventory to default, it works fine, unlike the samurai draw out. same with the Assassins throw ability

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 11:19:26 am #61 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
That is weird ... I wonder what in the code does that. Oh well, at the very least ... I can still edit the Samurai's abilities, since I am able to change the forumlas, graphics, and attacking animation - so that's good. I hope I can anyways.

Vanya

October 14, 2008, 12:38:51 pm #62 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
The only problem there is that I think that the actual consumption of the sword happens regardless of the formula you use.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 01:28:49 pm #63 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Quote from: "Vanya"The only problem there is that I think that the actual consumption of the sword happens regardless of the formula you use.

Yeah, I figured that might happen, but there's no working around that right now. *Shrug* Oh well. It's easy to imagine that the ones I'm changing to Damage: Weapon (25% Chance of casting [Blank]) would just be the same as the others ... drawing out the spirit in the sword, and it creates stress on it and it can break.

Either way, Lancers, there's nothing to do with them really. They're staying the same, but I had a wonderful idea! I'm changing Bard/Dancer both to the Ninja, even giving the male/female versions unique abilities! ^^

Lydyn

October 14, 2008, 04:05:36 pm #64 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Apparently, Vanya ... I didn't understand the text editing, sorry. =/

What I did was edited the BATTLE.BIN, changing it from;

##Squire#Squire#
Squire#Squire#Ho
lyKnight#

To;

##Swordsmen#Swor
dsmen#Swordsmen#
lyKnight#

The result ended up with Ramza's class being perfectly displayed as "Swordsmen," but Delita ended up as a "ly Knight," Algus a "Arc Knight" and all generic Squires as "Chemists" and the generic Archer as "Monk."

Sorry for not understanding this very well. First real time with hex editing. Would this mean I'd have to come up with shorter named like I did for the skills, so it works correctly?

Lydyn

October 16, 2008, 01:54:58 am #65 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Hey everyone that is interested in this! I'm calling for anyone interested to beta test with me on this (since my time isn't unlimited). If anyone has free time and is interested, I'm looking for any sort of bugs (animations beings weird, things not working as they should), balance issues, or suggestions about what can be done.

Things that aren't included in v0.10 Beta are;

• Boss class changes
• ENTD Changes beyond Chapter 1 (though all random battles have been searched through to exclude the two monsters)
• Poaching
• Text Changes

Vanya

October 16, 2008, 02:21:00 am #66 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
Quote from: "Lydyn"Apparently, Vanya ... I didn't understand the text editing, sorry. =/

What I did was edited the BATTLE.BIN, changing it from;

##Squire#Squire#
Squire#Squire#Ho
lyKnight#

To;

##Swordsmen#Swor
dsmen#Swordsmen#
lyKnight#

The result ended up with Ramza's class being perfectly displayed as "Swordsmen," but Delita ended up as a "ly Knight," Algus a "Arc Knight" and all generic Squires as "Chemists" and the generic Archer as "Monk."

Sorry for not understanding this very well. First real time with hex editing. Would this mean I'd have to come up with shorter named like I did for the skills, so it works correctly?

You have to keep the same number of #'s or everything will be shifted oaround. See how there used to be 4 Squires, but you only typed 3 Swordsmen?  Eventually you will have to shorten or rename some jobs. I save a lot of space by using the term "Paladin" instead of "Holy Knight"=)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

October 16, 2008, 11:38:59 am #67 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Ah, thanks, that makes a lot more sense now. :)

Vanya

October 16, 2008, 01:27:43 pm #68 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
glad to be of help =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

Lydyn

October 16, 2008, 01:54:17 pm #69 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Minor Fix: Bandits couldn't use Pilfer (Gil Taking) due to incorrect boxes being checked. Now they can. The new patch is uploaded on the first post for either of those who may beta test now or any that have already downloaded it.

Lydyn

October 17, 2008, 12:03:54 am #70 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Minor Fix: I lowered all the physical classes PA Growth by 10 and added 10 to the Multipliers. Same with casters and MA, only I did it by 5 each and not 10.

Edit: Also, if anyone is helping me test this, let me know if you experience odd things with Geomancer/Daichi Disciple. For some reason, my Bandit has Daichi Disciple unlocked without even having Monk unlocked.

BeoulveBlack

October 17, 2008, 10:02:01 am #71 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by BeoulveBlack
one thing that i feel will balance a tactics patch the best is to re-calculate the growth constants and the multipliers.

i feel that high multipliers are a bane to balanced gameplay and here's why:

-this will control too much shifting around jobs trying to get abilities (like a monk with teleport or a wizard with draw out and blade grasp) without crippling the class' effectiveness. here's the example: if you were to spend 20 years as a monk, you couldn't class change into a wizard the next day and have MA rivaling a wizard of 20 years, now could you? higher growth (low "C" values) and lower multipliers for human classes fixes this

-this method renders lv up/ lv down trick useless; your stats will be horrible of you do this!

i will be implementing this in my patch

-this makes it work

Lydyn

October 17, 2008, 11:58:34 am #72 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
I've done this actually, though maybe not in the same way. What I did is started with a whole new system where squires start out with;

HP Growth || HP Multiplier || MP Growth || MP Multiplier || SP Growth || SP Multiplier ||
10        || 100           || 10        || 100           || 100       || 100           ||

PA Growth || PA Multiplier || MA Growth || MA Multiplier
60        || 100           || 60        || 100

From here, I used (generally) this table to figure out the rest of the classes;

Tier 1 - 0 (0 Growth)
Tier 2 - +10/+5 Multiplier on 2 (-2/-1 Growth)
Tier 3 - +10/+10 Multiplier on 2 (-2/-2 Growth)
Tier 4 - +15/+10 Multiplier on 2 (-3/-2 Growth)
Tier 5 - +15/+15 Multipler on 2 (-3/-3 Growth)

Of course, it's not 100% like this, as I've figured the physical classes needed a little more PA and the magical classes a little more MA to create more of a difference between the two. Also, Monk's HP was bumped up a little as well. For the most part, if I bumped the Multiplier, I also lowered the growth ... so for the most part, if you want high HP for your character, you'd train in monk. If you want the highest MP, train in Calculator.

Also, if you paid attention, most Draw Out skills are switched to PA, not MA anymore ... and Samurais have either one of the higher or highest PA growths and multipliers.

By the way; Minor Fix! I went through the Level Sim and re-did all the PA/MA growths and multipliers. I just realized the way I did it would end up with 28 PA Samurais and 32 MA Calculators ... O.o

Lydyn

October 19, 2008, 12:20:07 am #73 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Update; Okay, I updated the special classes, items, item levels, ENTD changes up 'til Zalmo, R/S/M abilities and maybe some other sutff I've forgotten about. The list on the first page is updated.

Lydyn

October 19, 2008, 07:14:34 pm #74 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
All right, anyone testing this or whatever will have to wait a little for the minor bugs. Such as, this patch ... Elemental and Draw Outs use MP, but it won't actually consume it in battle. The newer one has CT added onto it ... but since I'm working on the new Lich monster, you'll have to wait unless you want to fight a ton of them at a time ... but you don't. Trust me. ;)

Lydyn

October 20, 2008, 11:57:15 pm #75 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
Uploaded Shuushin Beta v0.11! New changes; Liches, Boss Battles, Poaching, some item reworks, all random fights! Wee! Though there still might be some bugs here and there.

Lydyn

October 24, 2008, 03:13:41 pm #76 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
All right... assuming there's no one here to help me with testing this, where is a good place to ask for some Beta Testers? GameFAQs a good place? Because of so many changes to the game, it's difficult testing this myself.

Vanya

October 25, 2008, 07:20:40 pm #77 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Vanya
GameFAQs and maybe ROMHacking.net's board. =)
¯\(°_0)/¯

The Damned

October 25, 2008, 11:21:16 pm #78 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by The Damned
If you still need beta testers, Lydyn, then I should be available for awhile.

It depends on how far you would want me to go.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Lydyn

October 26, 2008, 12:10:44 am #79 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Lydyn
That'd be great. I mostly looking for general things, but I can do that myself as it is ... it'll just take a while. Major specific thing I'd ask for is testing out the Lich, making it a bit more... balanced and such. You may need to learn how to play with the new classes a bit before hand though, since it's a bit of a different game.

The Lich feels like I'm making a new Zodiac Monster from scratch, without using the 'usual' abilities. If you're interested, send me a PM.