• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:34:26 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Troubleshooting FFTPatcher! (Post all FFTPatcher questions here!)

Started by RavenOfRazgriz, December 10, 2012, 01:31:47 pm

BleuVII

Quote from: Blandation on October 13, 2016, 12:09:27 am
I realized editing Luso's skillset caused Delita as an AI to freeze.   Might have been because I didn't add enough abilities and made the AI go wonky since they share similar skills even though they're technically not in the same table?  lolIdunno.   I just left my move/find item % and shop edits in for now.

Hmmm... I've edited Luso to oblivion (made him a Blue Mage), and Delita's AI has no trouble, either in Chapter 1 or the others. I don't know that editing Luso is the culprit. Have you done any other more-than-normal hacking, particularly with the ability animations? (If you hack ability animations, then the animation slowdown removal corrupts a lot of abilities.)
  • Modding version: WotL

Nyzer

I think we'd need more specifics to find out what the issue is. I haven't had any problems like that and I've been able to play with Animations decently well.

That said, it doesn't matter what "table" their skills are in. There's only one Shout, only one Tailwind, only one Chant, etc. If you kept all of Luso's original skills, and edited several of those, then you also edited several of Ramza and Delita's by proxy. (And regular Squires.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Blandation

I did not edit any animations.  Only Luso's skillset.  Problem is, I did not add the same amount of abilities that he normally has (qty) that is known to cause the AI to act odd.     For example, if I edit Algus' skillset and only give him one ability, he won't function properly or potentially cause a crash because the game will probably try to cycle through something that isn't there anymore.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

Quote from: Blandation on October 15, 2016, 07:31:31 pm
Problem is, I did not add the same amount of abilities that he normally has (qty) that is known to cause the AI to act odd.     For example, if I edit Algus' skillset and only give him one ability, he won't function properly or potentially cause a crash because the game will probably try to cycle through something that isn't there anymore.

That doesn't even make sense. And since when was that known to cause AI issues?
  • Modding version: PSX

Blandation

I don't know, ask my game why it crashed until I changed it back, lol.   I saw it posted somewhere too about having less QTY of skills for guest characters, it may have even been here.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL

3lric

ooookay... Please show this picture to your copy of FFT and get back to me.

Thank you

Chronosplit

This question isn't quite the normal thing for this topic, but would anyone happen to have any info about running the FFTPatcher suite in Wine?  Is there anything I need to do in Winetricks to get these to run?  I'm guessing at least dotnet40.

After managing to get Oblige for doom working in Wineskin, I figured I should give it a shot.

EDIT: I'm still working on this, but Winetricks needed seem to be dotnet20, dotnet40, and core fonts for TactText.  After that you just extract the RAR (OSX users might need something like The Unarchiver), put everything into a folder and move it in, point Wine to the tool you need to use, and bang (sort of, still getting a couple of issues... may be dotnet40's fault).

EDIT 2: Turns out this doesn't need dotnet40 to run only FFTactText.  This fixes the above bugs.  Also yes, this does confirm that the issue is a bug with Wine's implementation of .NET 4.0.

EDIT 3: Nope, I was wrong.  Turns out the only thing in the world that needs dotnet40 is FFTOrgASM!  So only your ASM patching can't be done.

Prometheus-BR

Hi, what  is the fastest way to check/test/watch firsthand changes made with FFTpatcher and other tools such as FFTactext, ASMhacks, Shishi Sprite Editor, etc?

Im modding on the FFTpacther formulas, elements, effects etc, and wish to know whats is the fastest way to see the differences I made to geomancy, draw-out, holy sword, and others.

It would be totally dreamy if the FFTpatcher had a feature, a button for testing where you input the caster and target info, like in FFTastic or FFTarena, and it showed how the modded ability worked in an small test arena.

Nyzer

The fastest way is to apply your changes to a savestate or the ISO, then load the game.

Mrfuzzy

Okay I have a question
how can I have an item attribute added, I tried testing an item like the dagger, added regen to the item, patched the iso tested it, but it did not work

Jumza

Make sure that on the item that you want to add this attribute to (select the specific item in the Items tab), you go to the box marked Item Attributes and you put the correct number there. 0 is the default, with no attributes, the one you've modified is 01. Keep in mind the Item Attribute number is not the same as the Item number, so modifying 01 for Item Attributes does not automatically change the Item at the 01 index.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mrfuzzy

Mrfuzzy

another quick question
if I want the story line battle enemies to be at the same level as my party, do I have to manually switch each enemy character option to match mine
for example goblin from sweegy woods battle
instead of random level, do I switch it to party level ?
and do I have to do every enemy manually for all the story battles?

Jumza

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't really a better way right now that I know of. It can be tedious but at least you only have to go through it all once! (Remember to save!)
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Mrfuzzy

okay yeah ill just go ahead and do that, but I do have to change it to party level and not party level random right? I want it to be balanced with the level of my party

Jumza

It depends on what you want, both of those options means that the level will be around the party level. Party Level Random just means that it will randomly modify the Party Level number by some small number like +2, +1, 0.

Mrfuzzy

3lric

I already told you where to get CDMage yesterday......

In case you didnt read the title, this thread is for troubleshooting fftp... not getting locations to other programs

3lric

In .492, under other images, if you go down to Dragon on Unit.bin, it doesn't give the 4th palette which is used for Reis in dragon form.

Normal EVGRP doesnt have this either, it can currently only be seen in the Japanese version of EVGRP which is in the japanese programs set.

pro00798

guys, when i'm try to apply patch, and then "file is not recognized wolt ISO image" What is my problem ? How can i solve it ?