• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:09:33 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Yetti's Arts

Started by Yetti, February 02, 2013, 07:23:16 am

Yetti

February 02, 2013, 07:23:16 am Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:24:06 am by Kagebunji
Hello guys , Im the newbie on this forum ;)

My name is Filip and i love drawing , i have not any expirience with "spriting" but usually I drawing anime like DBZ and I would try anything else :)

If you have any offer for me please let me know here or send to me a private message. :)

Kagebunji

Hey man, good to see you here. Yetti is my friend from real life, and he is great at drawing stuff, surely above my drawing skills, haha.

I would love to see some concepts for jobs, or custom characters you have in mind, take your time for now, no need to rush.

One rule about FFT style is to keep shit simple, FFT doesn't use overly big amount of details, this mostly applies to sprites though, since they are small and cramming in big amount of details ends up looking like shit. You can draw with as many details as you want though, since the details amount will be dropped if me or anyone else will be doing a sprite for it.

Looking forward to see some how it goes man.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Yetti

Yeah thanks man for advices ;P

I will try draw some avatars today ;].

MiKeMiTchi

I concur with Kage about keeping things simple. Remember: KISS! (Keep it simple, stupid)
I would really want to see a new concept for a Time Mage! I am sick of their pointy hats. ;)

Now that my rants are done...
Welcome to FFH! Where your dreams come true!

Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

Yetti

February 02, 2013, 11:18:17 am #4 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:24:50 am by Yetti
It's my first sprite which one I  did. I just copy one sprite and delete horns , in empty space i did new hairs of course and after i change colours of face , eye and teeth :) . It's  just example of my frist work with GaphicsGale :). Hope it is not bad ;)))

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/yetti.png/

Mobius

Not bad I guess.

You're going the right path. Use only the colors from the same sprite or other portraits, keep within limits, and you know the rest.

The only horrible thing here is Imageshack.
Try tinypic.com. It's easier for us to see from direct links.

Also, it's also nice to post in x1 and next to it resized in x2, or x3 if you want. Example:

Resize to x2 to use as your avi

Good luck
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

Yetti

Hehehehe  :D

Thanks for another advices , now i know about tinypic Kagebunji told me about it after my fist update :).
Now I want show you guys my 2nd portrait it's a Mage , of course I used the old portrait and I did basiclly changes  like change the eyebrowns,beard and cloths which one he wearnig ;) Hope it's ok ,just if anyone can show me how to create a nice looks of cloths :)

Twinees

February 02, 2013, 01:37:26 pm #7 Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:12:22 pm by Celdia
Welcome to FFH, Yetti.

The eyebrow edit and beard looks great. The best thing you can do for help with shading the clothes is using existing FFT Portraits and luckily Lijj put together an entire reference sheet to use. So the best thing to do would be to look for something similar to what you want to do, and try and make your own version of what you want. Good luck man, starting small and working to bigger stuff like you are doing now is a good idea.

Fixed your spoiler tag. -Celdia

-Twin
  • Modding version: PSX

Lijj

Looks like you'll be able to grasp the style and take off in no time. Just yes; use that reference.. it was was probably my biggest cripple for awhile; I never used references.
  • Modding version: PSX

jimmyjw88

Welcome to FFH and pick up all the advices above and you're good to go.

Cheers ~
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.