• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 07:56:45 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

ZALBAAAAAAAAAAAGGG!

Started by Smash, December 23, 2009, 03:38:51 pm

Smash

Forum sweep must've taken my update with it..

I said the head was getting a remake too.

jimmyjw88

Amazing!!! I don't know what to say other than that. Love the rusty effect ^^
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Smash

Well, there's going to be rust for crapload of plates next, but I first need to know something.

Im leaning towards down left. Down right is the original above before remake.

POLL.

Xifanie

Honestly bottom right. The nose looks way too flat on the other 3.
Else the shading on the bottom left one is good but could use a bit more work. His face looks a bit too "scratched" because of the shading.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

Your proportions as a whole are off. It is hard for me to tell what is up but the first thing you need to do is move the chest plate up to his chest. Right now it is covering his stomach more than anything, it should be all the way up so that the top of the plate is essentially level with the top of his shoulders (not counting the spikes). I think that will reveal how you need to bring his crotch up as well and adjust his arms.

I'm not sure about the face yet...could you do a version without a nose just to satiate my curiosity?
Current Projects:

Smash

Oh god look at 2 asdfasdfafaffsa aliens.

3 seems pretty close to FFT.  :|

I'll stretch the chestplate a bit up btw. It was hard to determine where to put it because of the unreal proportions the original Ramza art had.

jimmyjw88

For the face, I kinda prefer the lefts' one, bottom left.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

mav

Quote from: "Smash"To me, they seem perfectly fine. :|
I agree...and when you have the body outlined like that, it's really hard to find and problems, for me at least.

Cheetah

Haha thank you for doing the nose-less, I enjoyed it. I'm glad you are going to try stretching up the chest plate, hopefully it will mend my concerns. This is looking crazy good.
Current Projects:

Jon

I really like it how it is. I can understand what Cheetah means, this armor is a little bit like what they wear in Fire Emblem (Cavaliers) except of course for the spikes on the shoulder-pauldren armor pieces. In FE, I believe (not sure though) that the body-armor on say Sain or Kent is covering their chest fully and almost touching their neck. I think that Sain and Kent's stomach is almost entirely exposed, except for a narrow piece of armor going down the middle which reaches about to where their belt buckle is. Yours is visually very impressive, but I must agree to raise the central roundish armor piece up (maybe where the neck armor piece starts?) Even if you don't, Ramza looks great. I have only one small question: how are the shoulder pieces of armor actually staying on his shoulders? I mean if this was reality, are they sort of strapped on or part of the central body armor? Keep up the awe-inspiring work Smash! :D
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Asmo X

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the proportions. And it's a matter of personal preference whether or not the plate should be higher or lower. I kind of like it where it is

SilvasRuin

My personal preference would be that the plate reaches up to the base of his neck.