• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:22:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Stop on self

Started by Zotis, October 12, 2013, 03:25:20 pm

Zotis

I just noticed something while watching some matches.  This probably isn't the right place to post it though.  If that's the case you guys can feel free to redirect me.

Anyway, what I noticed was that when a character casts stop on themselves, because the person they targeted moved right up to them, if they change direction to face the target and stop theirself then, after being stopped, they turn back to face the direction they were originally facing.  So what I am thinking is that they should not change direction, but remain facing the new direction they were stopped in.  At least that would be more realistic.  I wonder if petrify has a similar result.

What do you guys think?  I know a lot of things in FFT are not designed to be very realistic, so maybe it isn't worth the change, but I think it would be good to do it in an upcoming patch.

formerdeathcorps

Character facing direction only affects their evasion.  Stop totally cancels a character's evasion.  From a battle mechanics perspective, it wouldn't matter what direction a character faces once stopped because stop overrides the unit facing mechanic.  Since Arena is designed for AIvAI (so battle mechanics decide nearly the whole story), I doubt FFM would want to expend that effort (though it would be more realistic).
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.