• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Tails of Tactics

Started by paradoxf, April 25, 2015, 07:07:14 pm

paradoxf

Hello I'm Paradox F. and I'm here to promote my Indiegogo campaign which started this month. First things first, I really liked FFT and it's style of gameplay. It felt like a more deep version of your standard turn-based JRPGs, at least for it's time. I've played the original PS1, then the PSP remake, Tactics Ogre: LuCT, Jeanne D'Arc, and most recently the HD Noire spin-off game. I've watched a bit of FFTA before too. There are a bit more games like those out there I know but I still believe that there should be more of these story-driven strategy genre games. Now, for some backstory I've seen Lirmont's Tethical engine project on this forum since last year and I thought it would be cool if we partnered up to make a game with it. So I got started with my design document and research around right before this 2015 started and contacted him soon after, showing him my notes which brings us to the present.

http://igg.me/at/tailsoftactics

I'll put up a short FAQ and open up to answer your questions and listen to your comments/suggestions. If you like what we have so far, we appreciate spreading the word since our awareness is quite small and we are an equally small team.

1. What is Tails of Tactics?

It is an anthro/furry strategy RPG game about fighting oppression against tough odds.

2. Are there any details about this game that we should know?

The game will be rated Teen. There are no human characters. Graphics will be similar to the old FFT sprite style. Said sprites are custom-made from scratch.

3. What is the ETA of completion?

If the campaign succeeds, it will take around a year. It will take longer if it doesn't succeed, but trying again is definitely an option.

Jumza

I hope you guys are successful, I look forward to seeing this project progress. It would be cool to see something like this take off!
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

sasapinjic

Wish you luck with this project .  :)
" Ramza always defeat  me , dispute the fact that his best ability is to trow stones ! "      
my Homepage

paradoxf

April 29, 2015, 07:37:59 pm #3 Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 02:09:10 pm by paradoxf
Thanks guys. We are not the type to quit so easily.  ;)

*UPDATE* 5/1: Map put up, character art and first class revealed as an update!

paradoxf

*UPDATE* 5/7: First class sprites done. Adding some style to the campaign page. A new gameplay video is to be made.

We're considering opening volunteer help if anyone's interested (eventual bug testing, etc). I will let you know after we've discussed it. 

paradoxf

Now that our 30-days are over, we've put out a survey that will get more feedback that we will use for our next crowdfunding period:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TZ2ZGN9

Mind you that it will be delayed until a new programmer + framework is found. I still really want to use Tethical for this project but I need proof that it is ready to make sRPGs rather than just being told that it does like before. Otherwise, a different solution will just have to be found. I've left out marketing questions from the survey because I'm putting the game first which needs extra work before it is ready for more pushing out there. I appreciate the FFH community having me around, I'll keep everyone in the loop. 

Tails_Doll_Prower

Can't wait to try this. I'll keep a eye out for the first Beta/PPF file.

Xifanie

What are you talking about? The "kickstarter" failed. It's also been many months, and it's not a mod... it was a Tethical-based project; there won't be a ppf. This is simply never happening.
  • Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Reks

Shame, really. Premise was neat to me, and I liked what art they did make.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128