• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:43:07 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Android version save file backup possible?

Started by echofaith10, June 03, 2016, 11:18:20 pm

echofaith10

Hello, I recently got the android version and I need help in finding how to access the save file.
I read an old post saying you would need a Rooted phone, along with SuperSu app, and a file manager app(recommended ES Explorer, so I used that) and then you would be able to locate it.

This is the post:
http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10927.msg206437#msg206437

Even after enabling the root exploring option in ES Explorer, it still doesnt show the file for me(The "Files" folder shows as empty, and I also enabled show hidden files just in case). I am wondering if anyone have any idea what could be the issue. Main reason I want this file is mostly for backup, so if anyone can offer another alternative instead, I would be very thankful.

Angel

Just as an aside, you should probably use Solid Explorer instead; ES is pretty shady now after being bought out.

That said, I don't really have any idea as to the cause. It's still the same OS running the same game with the same assets, so everything should be there. I guess try Solid Explorer and see if results are the same? At worst, you get a more reputable file manager for your efforts.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

echofaith10

Thanks for the information on the new app! I managed to find the file at last. I am struggling on how to copy it though(I am new to android in general, just got this phone 2 days ago).
But I think I can do it from here. I really appreciate your fast response (:

Nyzer

Honestly, I prefer running PPSSPP and the PSP version of WotL instead. Bonus points for FFH purposes - you can use more of the tools here that way. Didn't even need to use a rooted phone to do it either.

Plus, I don't feel guilty about it. My WotL ISO was ripped right from my own UMD, so it's not like I didn't pay for the game. My modded PSP's screen is dead as fuck. Can't remember what I was doing to cause it, but dead it is nonetheless.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jaden Yuki

can anyone send me a save file on android wotl at very start of the game ? no cheat or whatever just a save i just want to try something . thanks in advance  :roll: :roll:

Blitzball Pro

Not sure about ios, but for a rooted android just use whatever file manager you already are to see the save.bin file, copy the file, go to a more easily accessed folder such as downloads or make a new folder, whatever helps you find it. Plug phone into pc, enable as media device if needed, open up to your file, copy and save it on pc. Now you can edit away and there is a backup still on your phone if you need it.
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .