• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:39:18 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Base Patch and TacText

Started by Timbo, September 07, 2011, 01:35:36 pm

Timbo

So about a year ago I got frustrated with trying to mod this game. I built my own patch from the ground up with FFTPatcher and when I went to apply FFTPatcher and Complete everything fell apart on me. Apparently you could only use TacText on clean ISOs or something. I'm back now and I want to try again.

I applied Complete to a clean iso file then I went into skillsets and changes all four instances of the "Guts" skillset description to "penis" as a test and I got the same old DTE error that I got a year ago.

DTE for OPEN.LZW failed. The ISO has NOT been modified.

How do I get past this?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

RandMuadDib

September 07, 2011, 01:46:36 pm #1 Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 01:47:18 pm by RandMuadDib
Step 1: go to OPEN.LZW in FFTacText (or whatever other file is giving you trouble)
Step 2: search through the file in TacText and delete all Kanji
Step 3: Save to a TacText File
Step 4: Close TacText
Step 5: Re-open tacText and open your save file
Step 6: Patch clean iso
Step 7: Wait

If it still fails, re-try steps 5-7 (sometimes it takes a few tries), and if it still fails, then you need to start deleting extra text and shortening descriptions to make the files shorter.

Also, make sure to have the latest version that you can download on the main site.
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Timbo

Thankyou for spelling it out in steps. I am using the most recent version from THIS site. I'll test this out as soon as I get home tonight.

RandMuadDib

yeah i meant the main FFH site as opposed to the FFH forums

Timbo

September 08, 2011, 08:44:32 am #4 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 08:46:02 am by Jack of All Trades
So, I did a new test patch and boom it worked. Thank you very much.

RandMuadDib

No problem. Glad to help. I had the same problem many-a-time.

usckitty

What happens if it's WORLD.LZW that is giving you the DTE error?

Cheetah

Right now the suggestion is to delete a lot of the extra Japanese text saved in the Sound Novels. Tell me if this works for you.
Current Projects:

usckitty

I did so...my FFTText file has been reduced from 4.35 MB to 3.99 MB but the problem still persists...perhaps it's my ISO? I thought I had a clean one...

RandMuadDib

Quote from: RandMuadDib on September 07, 2011, 01:46:36 pm
Step 1: go to OPEN.LZW in FFTacText (or whatever other file is giving you trouble)
Step 2: search through the file in TacText and delete all Kanji
Step 3: Save to a TacText File
Step 4: Close TacText
Step 5: Re-open tacText and open your save file
Step 6: Patch clean iso
Step 7: Wait

If it still fails, re-try steps 5-7 (sometimes it takes a few tries), and if it still fails, then you need to start deleting extra text and shortening descriptions to make the files shorter.

Also, make sure to have the latest version that you can download on the main site.

Did you try this with WORLD.LZW instead of Open.lzw?

usckitty

September 23, 2011, 12:22:17 am #10 Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:30:27 am by usckitty
Is it the Kanji that's giving the problem? I'll try that...I'm patching again after saving the file before using it on a clean ISO...

I found this in WORLD.LZW under 21: Map Menu

白羊o 月{Close}金牛o 月{Close}双児o 月{Close}巨蟹o 月{Close}獅子o 月{Close}処女o 月{Close}天秤o 月{Close}天蠍o 月{Close}人馬o 月{Close}磨羯o 月{Close}宝瓶o 月{Close}双魚o 月{Close}{0xE808}{0xE4}GIL{Close}{0xEB}{Close}{0xEB}{0xE802}{0xE4}日{Close}Move{Newline}
Party Roster{Newline}
Chronicle{Newline}
Tutorial{Newline}
Data{Newline}
Options{Newline}
Debug{Newline}
Flags{Newline}
Party{Close}Move{Newline}
Party Roster{Newline}
Chronicle{Newline}
Tutorial{Newline}
Data{Newline}
Options{Close}

Can I get away with just removing the Kanji?

and under 29: Treasure
欠番1
欠番2

RandMuadDib

probably able to get away with killing kanji