• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFTA2: Promise Rewritten (Rebalance and Difficult hack)

Started by Kuro, August 21, 2018, 07:42:49 am

Kuro

I should rename them from now on then o.o Thanks for the feedback.

I'll be releasing a 0.9.6 soon with all the changes, it's going to be the largest patch until now. I just need to make more Enemy Formation changes because sometimes I see things like an enemy Black Mage lost all magic skills x.x
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Miltysbobsled

That's awesome. I'm really looking forward to it!! I hope when you mean soon though doesn't mean like a whole month away ahhaa. I have been wanting to play your redesign for a while now

Kuro

It won't xD I thought it would take me one or two days but I've been few days out and I could not work on this in my free time, but I'm back.

I need to distribute the new accessories as rewards for special missions or tournaments in a different order, but I have no idea where are the addresses to edit this so I'll be searching for them. After that I will make more enemy changes and I will release.

DeSgeretjin

Well the addresses in the QD tab of the data spreadsheet is for the item you get in the mission report.
With offset 50 being the item id and offset 51 being loot type modifier.

Dunno where the addresses for items you get right after you've won your battle though.

DeSgeretjin

So what method did you use to get more slots?

The only reason why the original rom could go over 723 was because they used duplicates.

Kuro

I need exactly those x-x . "Congratulations on..." "You obtain: [item]" Some of them are the accessories to summon scions that I use to unlock the Neutral Skills and three of them are available after beating final boss. In my opinion too late. I'm even trying to watch RAM behaviour to find a clue but I have no idea about many things xD

Yeah, I got 70 by duplicating the last skills in the last set to be the first ones in the next set and so on.

Arts of War: ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Magick Frenzy = 01 to 09 (Final of the set)

Thievery: Magick Frenzy ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... Preserve Life, Heritage = 09 to 13 (Inherits from Arts of War out of Text Editor and adds two for Moogle Thief)

To do this I had to prepare every set in your Text Editor before to edit the Hex Editor and copy paste the changes as backup to remove them if I need to use the Text Editor again.

Madeen

Probably a stupid question, but if you tinker around with trinkets, wont it mess up Montblanc recruiting?  Not that I care about him :p

DeSgeretjin

You could always add those accessories to some early missions if you don't mind having an extra set.
Or you can move those neutral skills to some other items and make those items only accessible through certain missions.

abaddabaon

Thanks for working on this mod Shokat, looks very interesting so far! Waiting for version 1.0 to give this a good play through. I was wondering if there is any way you could look into adding Leonarths' death remake mod found here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12084.msg224652 this would be an awesome combination of mods for a challenging run :)

DeSgeretjin

Quote from: abaddabaon on October 13, 2018, 02:16:32 am
Thanks for working on this mod Shokat, looks very interesting so far! Waiting for version 1.0 to give this a good play through. I was wondering if there is any way you could look into adding Leonarths' death remake mod found here http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=12084.msg224652 this would be an awesome combination of mods for a challenging run :)

Wrong game.

Kuro

Oops, wrong game XD

Yeah, I don't see another solution, I will try to bring them into not so early missions. :p After a quick check I realized it isn't so bad. In fact, the one that I most worried was Magick Frenzy and I'm happy to see the last tournament is the one rewarding Gift of the Judge. Perfect~

The three accessories gotten after final boss will be given in story missions. I consider them divided in two tiers :P

Armlet of Whispers T2 - Okay this one might be after Mountain Watch. There are two strong Vieras as company of Ewen, one of them drop it. SM- 09

Ring of Precepts T1 - Making Music reward. In fact... Hurdy is wearing it n.n/ Will he be the Moogle of the story? Or one of his ancestors? SM-13

Guardian's Choker T1 - Comes with Penelo if you recruit her, maybe a gift from Fran? xD So before The Ritual. Before SM-20

Next I will be fixing new ranks, levels and abilities for tournaments. Yes I'll make them harder.

Question! At what point The Last Step and Hunted (To Frimelda Recruit) are completed? These two give Earrings of the Ruga and High Seraph's Plume. I think they were pre last boss but not early, so they seem alright for those accessories to T1 Bangaa and Gria skills.

Edit: Tomorrow new patch. I hope it will be free of bugs and I didn't make a battle too strong <.< I'm not good with combinations so I don't think so, anyway IA works better with fewer but effective choices. Currently I'm editing Goug Cup.

Kuro

It might be possible to make each battle or Luso dying an instant Game Over, but I don't know where to begin to search for that. Well, at least it is a good idea so I'll try it eventually.

abaddabaon

What hex editor do you use, I can tinker around in my spare time. I was thinking of doing what Leonarth did for his death mod and making every map a jagd for increased difficulty.

Kuro

I use golden finger.

Edit: I wish you good luck with that and I like your new profile picture xD

Zeke_Aileron

Quote from: abaddabaon on October 16, 2018, 02:50:05 pm
What hex editor do you use, I can tinker around in my spare time. I was thinking of doing what Leonarth did for his death mod and making every map a jagd for increased difficulty.

Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.
  • Discord username: Zeke Aileron™#0606

abaddabaon

Quote from: Zeke_Aileron on October 18, 2018, 08:37:54 pm
Tbh, i want to see this, it could be quite interesting in FFTA2's System, so good luck.

I'm completely new to modding sooo don't get your hopes up :P

Kuro

If someone thinks I'm idly, you are wrong! Well not spending so much spare time as before but still doing interesting stuff. This is what I got to change completely the MP consumption.

In case I use this table that I'm still working on we would be able to use the whole bar of MP, therefore the MP limit would begin to be IMPORTANT. Even if you acquire a new skill you might not have the maximum MP enough to use it :3 Also every skill will spend MP unless the trade of mods make it 5 or lower. I highly encourage suggestions:

MP Calculation table (Remaking)

Kairetsu

Some things to consider if you intend to "drastically" revamp the mp cost/regen.

1. Turbo MP
This will affect physical skills that have low MP cost like Rapture. There is some potential for abuse depending on the skills. The safest way is simply to remove this ability. But, I prefer you don't remove it though.

2. Absorb MP
Most skills will have MP cost, so... are you going to turn on this "flag" on every skills with MP cost? Or, are you going to remove this reaction?

3. MP Shield
This reaction might become more useful or "too" useful. It's like having +30 HP barrier per turn. I am not really sure about its "broken potential" without actual gameplay experience. Then again, this ability was useless in the vanilla game, so... yeah... maybe it's okay to have another "good" reaction ability beside Counter/Reflex/Quicken/Evade Magick.

4. MP damage/steal/drain skills
Obviously, skills like Syphon need to be altered. Draining 20 mp is way too low with the new MP format.

I am not sure about bloodprice's return. Maybe it can return, maybe it's too good.

(Btw, did you study programming by any chance? I notice you typed "NaN" instead of 0, lol. I believe NaN is used in Javascript.)

Kuro

1. Turbo MP - For now in

I would not remove it either, maybe some flag would help to control it. I don't even know if it works for physical abilities.

2. Absorb MP - Probably out

I guess I'll remove it because even if you get hit by a strong magick, restore the whole cost of MP in exchange is too much.

3. MP Shield - Now it will be useful!

Yeah, it can be useful now for a mage tank. I don't imagine it would become extremely useful because since now most of skill will need MP, the character relaying on it would not be able to use skills unless it has Blood Price or it is playing extremely defensive and in that case why did it take MP shield? It looks good for a character with low cost MP skills and a good MP pool. We got a new usable reaction!

4. Fortunately, these seem really easy to adapt to the new MP regen.

Not sure about Blood Price either. I will drop a pre patch to test stuff on a post once I edited all costs and stuff.

(It came to my mind out of nowhere, If I were studying or I studied programming in Javascript I would be making an application to speed up my calculations lol)

5. Replenish MP - New Absorb MP~ ?

20% of damage taken as MP! Know what? This one is going to be our new Absorb MP :3 It looks balanced in the revamp 200 Dmg = 40 MP. So we just need to replace slots with Absorb MP and drop it there. Actually it's just available for Blue Mage or Seer?

Btw, glad to see you around, if you are on discord we might chat time to time about the mod. Feel free to add me if you want.

Madeen

Why not mp regen = % of max mp?  Mages cant compensate with normal attack when they are low on mp...